New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A option to make a alias in the new mail version pls.

please make a option to make a alias in the new mail version, this option is not available in the new version. I realy need to make a new alias email adres.

818th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. download attachment file name with timestamp

This feature was there with Yahoo Mail before. Then they removed it.

When downloading the attachment, it would be nice to have unique file name, preferably date and time, like 201901241430. It was only date before.

It always comes up with the file name archive, which might overwrite previous files and slows down.

1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. scale to Screen resolution

I was forced to upgrade to the new email this morning

I run a 1440p resolution. Old mail use up/scaled to the whole screen.
    New mail, only uses about 60% of the screen with a centered bias

1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. disposable email address

the paid account can not make more than 3-time of change disposable email address

it should be more

1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. time zone

If you live in Arizona, which stays on MST/PDT year-round, you cannot choose a suitable city to set the time zone correctly. As a result, the annoying flag and notice stays on the screen and there's nothing you can do about it. Please add Phoenix or Tucson to the pull-down list of suitable cities.

1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adjustable margins

There's so much dead space around the edges. Because I can't adjust the margins, and, it makes it very difficult to read on different computers and different size screens. I don't want to have to scroll back and forth across the screen time I want to see a whole email at once. And the left nav bar is so thin, I can't see the full names of folders. PLEASE let us adjust so we can view mail in a sensible way.

186th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Animated backgrounds.

Most people I know would rather have real photo's than clip art guys. Now if you want to really sell this "new format", you could try animated backgrounds! Yeah, that's the ticket! Animation. Try being innovative for a change.

616th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please remove the Month, Week, Day lines -- very wasteful.

Please remove the Month, Week, Day lines from Mail Inbox -- very wasteful and uses valuable space.

616th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Changes suck

This new mail theme sucks! The features behind the scenes should remain the same, no matter what version you are running. I had to upgrade to get "Filters" feature available. You give themes for color, but not enough options. So it looks sloppy. If I use IE, I get constantly popping-up script error.

350th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We couldn't load this message. Retry!

No email will load since yesterday. Tried on Chrome and Safari. Also can't check boxes to move items to delete/spam. I see a lot of these messages in the feedback. Please advise the community on an estimated fix date.

331st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 390th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. language

How to change the language interface? The location i choose is Singapore, but the email interface showed in Chinese, cannot find the setting to change it to English. Please help

245th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Restore email from trash bin that deleted permanently

I know there is a function that could restore deleted email from trash bin within 7 days. But 7 days is not enough, if someday I delete an email from trash bin and afterwards that email is useful for me after a period of time, I cannot restore the deleted email because exceed the time limit. So, I suggest don’t have time limit or extend the time limited from 7 days to 3 months will be better.

936th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF ATTACHMENT OF FILES

TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF ATTACHMENT OF FILES

704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. filters

Filtering my email was so much easier when we could do it directly from the mail list. Please bring back that feature! It was the only thing that made me keep this as my primary email.

340th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. why don't I always have the option to select "to" and "from" when searching for an email from a contact?

Sometimes I can narrow a down a search for an email from a contact to "to" or "from" and sometimes I don't get that option, why?

1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Attachment problem

Kindly review google mail for uploading attachment. When I uploading attachment at yahoo mail, the attachment keep missing wasting a lot of time. And the yahoo mail did not have indicator to showing the progress, what time will complete uploading the attachment. If can not uploading attachment kindly inform early.

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can't see bottom email when hovering on another email

Can't see bottom email when hovering on another email. The bottom email is just to low and the little popup that you see when hovering on another place on the page makes it so you cannot see it. It's annoying, and should have been and still should be accounted for.

1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base