New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide option to set number of items displayed in search

Please provide an option to display more than 50 messages at a time in search. I use search to find messages to delete. In cases were I have hundreds from a sender for example, it is cumbersome to have to go through numerous searches to accomplish this.

1208th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-Delete Feature for Emails

Although it's mentioned here, an auto-delete feature for emails would be an essential function I'd like. I feel after two years time, emails that aren't starred simply have little to no value and could be erased without troubling the user to search for them and manually delete. Maybe not as auto-feature, but I'd certainly turn it on to erase anything over two years in age that wasn't starred!

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kindly introduce snooz option in Yahoo mail so that we can retrieve the mail when date and time selected

Kindly introduce snooz option in Yahoo mail so that we can retrieve the mail when date and time was selected

1208th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be helpful if You could locate all my email accounts via my IP address

It would be helpful if You could locate all my email accounts via my IP address

1208th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Saved emails can easily be unintentionally deleted

When using "search for messages from this sender" the default parameter is "All Mail". This feature by default searches all mail in all folders including folders created by the user. When there is a large search list displayed, it is very hard to designate the emails that are already saved against the emails you want to potentially delete. In the search results there is no designation as to the location of the email as in previous versions of Yahoo Mail. Not until opening the header and displaying the contents of the email is the location displayed in the upper RH…

442nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How do I tag a message for follow up and then that teh follow up is complete?

As per Outlook, the ability to tag a message to be followed up and then tag it as complete. and then of course remove the tag if required.

562nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PLEASE ADD EDIT OPTION

Please Add Edit Option in Disposable Base Account in Yahoo Mail...

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow splitting one message out from a Conversation

This is valuable because huge numbers of people send replies that are off the original topic without changing the Subject field.

942nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to Move One Email in A Conversation to a Folder

You keep squashing this suggestion, but huge numbers of people would benefit by it.

942nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop trying to manage my email accounts!!!!

Why do you guys insist on imposing your ideas of us? I don't want you to keep track and manage my email accounts. I just want to log in and out. Now even though I uncheck "Stay Logged In" (which by the way to refuse to remember my preference) you are now presenting me with a list with the last account I logged into, instead of the log in page. Let me use Yahoo mail the way I want to use it or give me a way to disable your attempts to control me!!!!

942nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. it's impossible delete the mail from the line becouse tou removede the recycle bin from the line, near the star.

it's impossible to delete the mail from the mail line becous you remove the recycle bin from the line, near the star

942nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't show mail content in mail list. Subject is enough.

Please remove the private message from the mail list. It should be able to read only after opening a mail.

942nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reply Header

can you consider making your app/email account show the email header when replying to one or replying to all, just like it shows when one clicks forward

942nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Advertentie bovenaan de mailbox verplaatsen naar onder.

Advertentie's verplaatsen naar onderen

942nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. deleting emails a hastle!!!

When I try to select and email in the checkbox, it takes 10 to 15 clicks for the check mark to stay in the box. Also, after I have selected an email to delete, when it is deleted, Yahoo takes one and sometimes two of the emails below the selected email by mistake. Then, I have to go to the trash file to retrieve the emails deleted by mistake (by Yahoo mail) to sent them back to my inbox. It also takes extra emails back to my inbox that are unchecked. Please correct this error or bug!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

796th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to erase an email I sent by mistake to someone

If by mistake you sent an email to someone with or without any attachment you might have the opportunity to erase it.

796th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give us an option on the sign in page to go back to the old style yahoo e mail. The new and improved version is a disgrace to yahoo. YAHOO M

Put a button on the new e mail sign in page offering a choice to stick with the new yahoo e mail or go back to the old e mail. THE NEW VERSION OF YAHOO E MAIL SUCKS A BIG ONE. Someone needs to be fired of this new POS

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I do not want my phone number to show anywhere!!

I DO NOT WANT MY PHONE # ON THIS COMPUTER!!

796th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i don't like *** related emails

I keep blocking the *** emails and they never stop.

942nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1208th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base