New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. scroll

When I scroll within an email it keeps jumping back to the top.

389th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make it simple, get rid of all ads, get rid of the side ads, and make easy to scroll down

get rid of ad, make this simple, get rid of the pop up cover up the trash bin, I hate it, scroll down bar hides, make it work!

348th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create New Contact by clicking on email address in an email

You should be able to create a new contact by clicking on the email address in an email. You should be able to right click on an email address in an email and select an option to quickly add the email address as a new contact. Right now it is wayyy toooo many steps to add a new contact. I shouldn't have to cut and paste to get this simple job done...... Thank you.

198th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. very bad

very bad

1427th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Thank you for contacting Yahoo. I do understand that you are facing issue with adding contacts in Yahoo mail on android. Unfortunately, wh

Thank you for contacting Yahoo.

I do understand that you are facing issue with adding contacts in Yahoo mail on android.

Unfortunately, what you're looking for isn't possible in the current version of the product. I can see how that'd be useful, though.

You should post your suggestion to add that function on our feedback forum. Our product teams review the posts and look for ideas to include in future releases.

However, you can add the new contacts on Yahoo mail desktop version and it the changes will reflect in your Yahoo mail android.

This may not be the most…

1886th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I am SICK AND TIRED of the NOTIFICATION EVERY TIME I DELETE AN E-MAIL!!!!

STOP THE NOTIFICATION BOX THAT APPEARS EVERY TIME I DELETE AN E-MAIL!!!!!!!!!

368th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Check boxes don't check

The check boxes aren't checking as of 11/8/2017, and my mail won't load if I click on an email that I want to read.

395th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. what happened to my contacts? they are not auto populating for new e mails.

my contacts list has disappeared and my contacts are not auto populating for new e mails...what happened

364th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 235th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. save searches

add functionality to save mail searches (as it could be done in the previous UI under the name "smart views")

828th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Your spellchecker sucks. I suggest a setting to turn it off. Yahoo is little more than a jobs program to fleece investors.

Get a real job, stop drinking koolaid - you are not amazing - we, the people are. Either allow me to turn off spell checker, or incorporate choices such as included in Microsoft Word (ignore, ignore ALLCAPS, ETC.}

bASICALLY, YOU GUYS SUCK. TO HAVE A JOB YOU MUT CONSTANTLY EVOLVE, SO BY FORCING CHANGE, YOU ENSURE YOUR OWN FUTURE. Please die.

Thank you - Ken

1886th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Signature formatting

The formatting for the signature is UGLY. Please allow the creation of a format that is not predetermined. For example, my signature is double-spaced and I cannot change it -- what a joke. And please also get rid of those UGLY pastel-like colors; please include bright, vivid and above all normal colors for the text.

608th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1886th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How can Yahoo improve just about everthing? Try removing as much blue light coming through our screens. It , blue light, is highly damaging

Blue light, though highly visible, is highly harmful to human vision. Look it up and make the change.

1180th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Inbox viewing is very critical if it will made on pagewise like 50 mails in each page its easy to get mail details and easy to delete also

Inbox viewing is very critical if it will made on pagewise like 50 mails in each page its easy to get mail details and easy to delete also

1886th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. F**K your white list. We are constantly inundated with advertising in our daily life... we don't need more from you YAHOO

we know you have advertisers and we see them regardless of using YAHOO... stop with the force feeding of this ****. I refuse to "add you to my white list" Don't you think that in 50 years of living I'm quite aware of what is out there....

1886th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Top Results

Top Results

Kill Top Results for all the reasons stated in the other comments. I'm posting the very same issue because It seems I couldn't vote for more than one comment and someone has to drive this point home so that you understand that "Top Results" does not enhance your email product at all. Email users are capable of determining for themselves what incoming mail is "top" to them. Don't flatter yourself - you have no idea.

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Don't auto forward every reply to same & past addresses!

How about when someone forwards an email NOT forward an email to ALL of the addresses in someone's book ONLY the 1 or1s you put in the "To/Send". That's as bad as the format of the overlapped & repeated emails when you/anyone replies &/or forwards an email! No one can tell where the new email is & which1 or 1s are new in the giant email, other annoying problem that format makes them giant because it copy & pastes EVERYTHING! Waste of memory & email space! STOP IT! Make it simple & only show the new 1 above the old/older…

1886th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. font choices

There needs to be more font choices

204th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. keep getting this failure notice

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

500: 5.5.1 Command STARTTLS unrecognized.

IT'S REALLY ANNOYING. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS, PLEASE. NEED HELP WITH THIS!

424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base