New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bulk checkmark should have a limit option to 25 or 50 maximum, not whole group

Bulk checkmark limit to 25 or 50 not an entire group

1655th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rollback to OG format pre-2010, streamline mail security very user unfriendly.one of the best search engines min spam results get it togethr

Please rollback to original layout pre-2010, make original layout default and make drag and drop available with "basic" format. The classic layout currently available lacks any kind of ergonomics it feels like you are fighting to achieve the end goal. Next I would bring up current security settings such as the inability to use former passwords, this is an AWFUL idea, many users including myself cycle passwords for security and doing this has eliminated any of my top 10 from being used again this generally leads to lost accounts. moving me right to my next point the automated account recovery…

1255th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. a NEVER option for repeated, unwanted, offers from you.

How about a NEVER option to the offers you make every time I log into my mail ?

1255th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to delete forwarding messages in thread.

First email on which I was forwarding had error. New email with correction was being forwarded (draft mode), I deleted the original . When I checked the draft, it had the orignal also which is confusing. I should be able to delete earlier forwarding messages.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How I can get an Spanish dictionary

I would like to have the opportunity to select the language of the memo that I'm writing. In that way I can have two dictionaries that can check my spelling.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mobile notifications from favorites only

Will you please make an option for me to only receive notices of new emails from favorite/starred contacts only?
    I appreciate that I can get notices only from "real people" right now, but I'd like to be able to get notices whenever a favorite contact emails me. I don't care to receive any other new mail notices.

1255th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Switch between yahoo emails without closing either one of them

Make it easy and obvious to be able to do this.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1255th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add additional YAHOO mailbox

Add additional YAHOO mailbox

1255th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. unroll.me

It would be really nice if Yahoo Mail offered something like the Unroll.me service within Yahoo Mail. The service allows me to get emails that I want to stay subscribed to, but I get too many of, in one daily digest. It would be great if this service was offered by Yahoo directly, instead of a third party.

1255th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1255th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. adding new post code for Kosovo in Yahoo

Please add new post code for Kosovo (+383) in your list. I couldn't chose my county.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Email Virus? Adware? Spyware?

I get an audio message with big red page warning message do not turn off computer it is infected. About 7,8,9 times only in Yahoo email. No other place. I'm at the point to where I don't even want to login but I've had the email addy fior a decade or so.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I move mail to a folder, it disappears

This is a folder where I know I have stored items. I just moved an item there, and then it won't open. Yahoo, you really suck. I may be forced to move to Gmail, I would be there already if it weren't so difficult. Continue to motivate me, I will learn.

214th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto-archive folders after time period

Would love the option to set a time period for folders after which mail inside auto-archives.

For example, say I have a filter that moves all promo and deal type emails into a "Deals" folder. By their nature, any of those promotions will likely have expired after a month, so if I could set the mail in that folder to auto-archive when it's a month old, that would be super helpful

1255th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New mail is horrible! Would not send my email after 3 attempts. Had to use my Gmail account to send a simple email. Fail!

Improve "New Mail" by bringing back "Old Mail". Shouldn't take 3 minutes to download an attachment. Shouldn't take 3 attempts to send an email, all of which were unsuccessful. I gave up and used my Gmail account. This is a poorly executed "upgrade" which I would rate FAIL!

208th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. set individual passwords for my different folders?? On the desktop not within app.

set individual passwords for my different folders
    On the desktop not within app.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Secure the message contents

Don't show message contents. Opening a message is how malware is delivered. AND--may not want contents displayed to anyone else who may be looking at the screen.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hating some of the positions on your new "email"

In the "settings" you need to put where we have a CHOICE as to WHICH SIDE we want the calendar, note pad, and all on because I not only just dislike but I do LOATH, DESPISE, AND HATE WITH A PASSION that the calendar and all are on the RIGHT rather than the LEFT!!!! GAG ME WITH A FREAKING STICK WHY DON'T YA!

824th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be nice to actually be able to use more than one vertical line when writing emails.

It would be nice to actually be able to use more than one vertical line when writing emails.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base