New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Moving Function

It's so hard to move emails. If you move they can go in the wrong folder. Or, they unmark when you try to find the folder and move something else. Fix that!

320th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't click on coupon saver (too far below screen). Nor able to close it.

Can't click on coupon saver (too far below screen). Nor able to close it.

622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sorting bars above email messages

Can we have sorting bars above the email messages? This way we can just click on the bar above the relevant column to sort (e.g. from, subject, date, etc) instead of clicking on a drop down menu to search for the sorting option.

Also, if an email is selected and then the sorting option is clicked, that email message should remain selected. This helps with searching or browsing.
    For instance, if I select an email from "John" and I click on the sort by name bar, all emails from all Johns should be together; if I select an email whose…

427th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ******** yahoo

@Yahoo.com You literally ***** ***. I hope all of you who thought the new yahoo layout was a good idea get hit by a ******* by and die slowly and painfully, maybe then you will realize that not every single "new idea" should be put out there. Why exactly do you have to **** people with things they don't want?

1861st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I do not want my phone number to show anywhere!!

I DO NOT WANT MY PHONE # ON THIS COMPUTER!!

999th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop telling me to unblock yahoo adds each time I log into yahoo mail. Or I shall just use Google mail.

Stop telling me to unblock yahoo adds each time I log into yahoo mail. Or I shall just use Google mail.

999th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The folder filing system is not very good. You can create folders, then sub-folders, but can not use the same name in a subfolder. For exa

The folder filing system is not effective. You can create folders, then subfolders and then subfolders. However the second subfolder can not have the same name. For example Home/lawn/2018 can be created but when trying to create Home/house/2018 you can't create the second 2018. Makes it impossible to file messages from the same year into different categories. I believe this option used to be available but has been removed in recent weeks.

999th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Spellcheck for the app.

Spellcheck for the Yshoo mail app please! It does not use a web browser so there is no spell check.

1861st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. this mew version is much to combersam , besides I have two e-mail addresses, where new contacts are supposed to go automaticly into both whi

when I add a new contact it is supposed to go to both my e-mail addresses. When I print my addresses not all of them get printed, they are there in one of my e-mail address book but are skipped in printing, this is a lot of waste on paper and ink. Besides I cant access all addresses in my second e-mail address.

436th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. TABS LIKE SOCIAL, PROMOTIONAL IS BADLY NEEDED

SEPARATE TABS LIKE SOCIAL PROMOTIONAL IS BADLY NEEDED. WE END UP IS MISSING OUT IMPORTANT MAILS.

1175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Text is too dim

The text is too dim no matter the color theme.

264th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The new Yahoo Mail is screwed up. It takes a very long time to upload photos in attachments.

The new Yahoo Mail is screwed up. It takes a very long time to upload photos in attachments.

273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 282nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keep un-checked the "Keep me signed in box"

Please remove the "Keep me signed in box". It presents a potential security issue

544th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. scroll

why can't the scroll bar for the bottom of the screen stay static like the old yahoo mail??
    This is very frustrating!

276th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 820th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. automatic folders

Automatic folders please. When I have more than three unread messages from the same sender, I would like a folder to automatically be created and all messages from that sender will be put in there from that moment forward.

I receive many emails from various businesses where they have sales on products. Right now I have over 1,000 unread mails, the majority being these sale emails. I don't keep up with them as I am not always in need of something from a particular store.

And I NEED a place for them to go and be stored, where I can…

269th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MAKE ALL MY INCOMING MAIL AVAILABLE AND NOT JUST THE CURRENT DAY

ALLOW ALL OF MY MAIL TO BE VIEWED AND NOT JUST THE CURRENT DAY

999th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. go back to original place after closing email

After a closing an email after reading it (this is in original email version, not the new one-although this appears to be an issue in the new email version also), the program returns the user back to the most current unread emails. This NEVER used to be the case. It is a terrible time waster.

894th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Subfolders

Please, please find a way to have subfolders visually distinct from folders. Maybe it's difficult with the drop-down now for subfolder; maybe have the subfolder name be in italics or something. It's distracting and time-consuming to segregate.

820th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base