New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please dont display adds. I am embrased about that and I am avoid yohoo mail for this reason.

Dont display adds in yahoomail website. I changed yahoomail to gmail in all my online activities. The only reason is embrased by adds

999th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mail

When I get an email, any email, I sometimes reply or forward it right away; I sometimes put off replying or forwarding. When I go back later to review my emails I want a marker on my emails telling me if I have replied, or if I have forwarded this email or that email. It seems to me that an earlier version of Yahoo Mail put a marker, such as a forward arrow or a reply arrow, on the line of each email, telling me if I have done anything with that particular email. With current Yahoo Mail, my forwards…

999th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your idea. Please note that you can see whether you have forwarded or replied to a mail via the indicator to the left of the address. If a mail is unread, this indicator will be a blue dot; if a mail has been read, the blue dot will disappear; if a mail has been forwarded, you’ll see an arrow pointing right; if an email has been replied to, this will be indicated by an arrow pointing left.

Note, we have edited this post to remove your email address. Please be careful not to share any personal information (such as email your email address) in a public forum.

Thanks!
    Mail Support

3. 508th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Eliminate related contacts

Is there anyway to turn off the list of related contacts that appears automatically when you are forwarding a piece of mail to only one individual? This feature is a nuisance.

699th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Newest incoming & sent mails STILL don't display - NOT COMPLETED!!!!

Newest incoming & sent mails STILL don't display - NOT COMPLETED!!!! Solve this bug or prepare to start refunding Pro Paid subscription fees. Bugs like this are NOT acceptable for a paid email service.

610th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. saftey key

every time i reboot i can never get my home page to come up do i have to register with mozilla? and if so they charge to help fix the problem do you charge?

1175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sorting mails by size

Bring "sort mail by size" option back. It's perhaps the Yahoo feature I miss the most.

894th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. the 'width of the ad section should be less wide; it takes up too much space and is only annoying!

so everyone agrees the add space is only annoying your followers--
    companies need to wake-up and stop annoying their clients with their invasive adds- terrance Sydney: who agrees?

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. not getting my newsletters

I used to get newsletters several times a day now I get almost none. what'going on?

1175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Next button

I would prefer to have the old "Previous" and "Next" email button to show on the top right of the reading pane. It ease the process of skimming through a long list of emails sorted by date.

999th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Email notification on iphone yahoo mail app from a specific contact

Can you please have this feature in your iphone email app ( which every other email has) - that I get a Email notification from a specific contact when he/she emails me .

Right now , either I can opt for notifications from all people or all emails ! I want something like a VIP list of contacts, where I can get a notification ( sound , pop up ) when a specific person emails me , instantly.

1175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Disposable addresses that don't end in .com (lost functionality)

We used to be able to create disposable addresses that ended in .com.au to match our other country specific addresses. This functionality was removed recently and all new disposable addresses have .com only. We need the country specific addresses to be reinstated.

894th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1. When attaching file(s), progress bar should be displayed, just as its available for downloads.

1. When attaching file(s), progress bar should be displayed, just as its available for downloads.Pls bring back the progress bar.

635th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. move calendar, contacts

Move the icons under settings (and even move settings) back to the left side of the screen.

999th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Problem with email not staying selected and it scrolls back up to most recent email

There seems to be a problem when I have selected a certain email it doesn't stay selected and the email list automatically scrolls back up to the newest email received.

894th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Writing from right to left problem

The new Version has a big & Serious problem. I can't write from right to left!! Words and symptoms fall apart. I can't write correctly. Please fix it soon. Tnx

449th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have to add a Message recall feature

Have to add a Message recall feature

464th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. dotted box

I get a dotted boxes around my e-mails. I cannot stand this.

326th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Clear searches

In the yahoo mail app, there is an option to search your mail, however there Ian no way to clear "recent searches". There needs to be a way to clear these searches because after a month, they're not that recent!!

1175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base