New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search for messages from this sender

When I click on the magnifying glass icon to "Search for messages from this sender" it does not include the one I clicked on. In the old version, it used to bring them all up. It was nice to be able to then read all the messages from that sender, including the one I clicked on.

358th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Re-request my previous + ability to minimizing images

Re-request my previous + ability to minimizing images

250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When you reply, put in the history the full header of the previous message

When you reply, put in the history the full header of the previous message. Eg Currently, when someone emails me and others and cc's others, then when I reply, it currently puts in the history only the Sender. I would like to have in the history the full header so I know who else was Sent and who was cc'd. As a workaround, instead of Replying to a message, I Forward a message, so that the history has the full header. Then I manually delete the "FW:" and type "Re:"

1015th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. disposable email addresses

When replying to an email addressed to a disposable email address, the disposable address used to auto populate. Now the base address - that I do not want to use for anything - shows up. Wrong!

379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why does Settings not have Filters?

What happened to clicking on Settings and finding Filters?

1015th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. There needs to be an empty archive folder option

Just as I there is an empty trash with one click option, there should be the same for inbox and archive folder

1190th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We need different colours for different accounts back!!!

Seriously, why on earth would Yahoo staff decide to remove this option?? Don't they use Yahoo email themselves?? Not impressed

379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mails which are addressed to self (ie own address) is now not being delivered into Inbox. (Earlier it used to be delivered into Inbox)

Mails which are addressed to self (ie own address) is now not being delivered into Inbox. (Earlier it used to be delivered into Inbox)

338th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No way to edit contact details

There are two screenshots below to prove this.

The first attached screenshot, which is green, is what I see whenever I navigate to Yahoo Mail in "Google Chrome" for Windows 10. As you will note, that window has no Contacts icon and no way to edit contacts. If I select "Compose" & "To", it generates a list of contacts but does not allow editing of those entries.

If I can somehow through trial-and-error, reach the point of seeing the attached, blue-coloured screenshot, after 5 minutes of tinkering, and I save the "mail view" window as a bookmark, the generated link…

289th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1904th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. contacts

when opening contacts it opens in classic mail in new window instead of opening in yahoo mail makes it so much harder to see your contacts the older version was so much easier, to use this version is all over the shop why can u not see your contacts in yahoo mail instead of it going to classic mail to view

314th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. day headers show only resource ID in grid view

Bug report:
    Using Chrome and FireFox browsers, all is good.
    Using Msft Edge, in the grid view of the message threads, the group headers for the day's names and "today", "yesterday", "last week" all show up as 4-digit resource ID numbers instead of the text.

1904th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Privacy violation and more...

3 things I'd ask Yahoo to change:

1. I did not give to Yahoo my phone number, and I did not give any permission to show it publicly. Never. I even purposely keep my old fashion cell phone, and don't use in it the internet browser. So where and why did you get my phone number? And how can I remove it from my email account (can't find such option)? Yahoo is severely violating my privacy + is giving an opportunity to do that to all spams & etc. Please fix this situation.

2. Please keep old Emojis, as they were funny…

446th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make contact updates immediate

When I add contacts to a group they should be available immediately when used in a new or forwarded email. Changes to contacts should also be immediate. I have added new contacts to a list, but they do not appear when I use that list.

289th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. dropbox

Dropbox access needs to be added back to emails so that large files can be sent. If this isn't added, then i'll have to go to a new email provider and I've had yahoo for 20 years.

831st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How do I move the VIEWS below FOLDERS?

As above. VIEWS are just in the way. How do I move them out of the way?

224th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 364th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple filter values in any of the filter classes

Multiple filter values in any of the filter classes.

Ex:
    Filter Name: Family
    From: Contains: test.smith@test.com; test2.smith@test.com; test3.smith@test.com

Even though the family is not that interesting, they at least have a small domain, and the feature is very useful for little Test3.
    Also the same concept could go for the other filters.

683rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. bring back the progress bar for uploads, my upload didnt work, gmail worked careful

been sending work with yahoo for years, now with new version, uploads show error, so u simple sent it with my gmail account,

218th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 341st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base