New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Actually you giving a best services always. I loving it. Easy and Safe

My small suggestion is, mails will be categorized based on titles automatically. like Facebook, Twitter, instagram and other social websites, will be help more.

611th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 945th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. email expiration date

Add Emails should have an optional expiration date!
    I've seen a similar idea, that has been reviewed, but did not get any response. This is sad, because this idea would save a lot of memory space for Yahoo and a lot of work for millions of users who need to cleanup their Inbox. I do not want to define as Spam a commercial site I might use in the future, but if they send me an add like "Buy until Sunday for 50% off", then this email should be automatically deleted on Monday because the offer expired. What Email providers…

643rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Emails in the Trash or Spam folder will delete themselves automatically. The Coupons view in New Mail will keep track of most coupons and offers that come into the mailbox, as well. Yahoo occasionally asks if you want to clean up your inbox, if there are a lot of old emails in there. This option moves emails to the Archive folder, where they aren’t deleted automatically.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

4. Suspend Account

Users need a "Suspend Account" feature. This will send auto responses to spam emailers ultimately utilizing their resources for each undelivered email. This WILL prompt spammers to take your account off of their list, lest their resources be used up by the thousands of non delivery notifications.

Help us fight spam, Yahoo. Dont be part of the problem.

1100th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Long after I've ALREADY Chosen the Upgraded Mail, my recent Logins always open to Classic Mail with the "one click away" label. STOP it.

This last week when I login, the Yahoo Mail opens to the OLD Classic Mail with the "updated mail is only a click away" message below, despite my having already set it to the NEW mail months ago. I don't know why it's doing this and barely care, but I want it to STOP NOW because its a repetitive annoyance that insults my intelligence.

1312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. An Organizer with capability to integrate other vendor calander will be awesome

An Organizer with capability to integrate other vendor calander will be awesome

1312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. single line e-mails, columns that are sortable, preview on right

I'm tired of posting this every year. We all just want maximum space efficiency, to be able to see lots of e-mail (sortable) and see a decent preview pane of the selected e-mail. There is already an answer and has been for years. Just look at old fashioned outlook. Sortable columns, one line e-mails, and preview on the right... and please remove all the dead space at the top while you are at it... however I fiddle about with the settings I can only see 8 e-mails at a time without scrolling...in Outlook on this laptop I can see 28…

1734th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notification of the number of unread e-mails should also include those under filters and not just the inbox!

Because I would frequently miss out on unread e-mails in the filters and I have to ensure now to scroll down and check out my filtered folders if there are any unread e-mails.
    And also, can you get rid of the extra classifier 'unread'? It just wastes space and blocks viewing further classes of e-mails.

1312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Interface Change - Delete the box by the Month or Year

I like to have the ability to delete from the box by highlighting or clicking the trash with the options to delete by the months/years from the box.
    'Today' can become a menu pull down to select by year or month. I am not sure would it be easier to select year than the list of year populate or enter it in. Same applies to months.

1312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let block unnecessary email inbox because it is can be disturbed our worked.

The new email is great look, and I haven't any comment on this.

1100th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. share a folder with another user as read only.

share a folder with another user as read only.

753rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Yahoo needs a service like the Google Inactive Account Manager

Google provides a mechanism to allow you to designate trusted people who will get access to your accounts after you have died or become disabled. Their service name is Google Inactive Account Manager. It would be extremely useful for estate planning purposes if Yahoo were to build an equivalent feature to allow the same type of trusted access

1734th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1734th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide option to set number of items displayed in search

Please provide an option to display more than 50 messages at a time in search. I use search to find messages to delete. In cases were I have hundreds from a sender for example, it is cumbersome to have to go through numerous searches to accomplish this.

1734th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto-Delete Feature for Emails

Although it's mentioned here, an auto-delete feature for emails would be an essential function I'd like. I feel after two years time, emails that aren't starred simply have little to no value and could be erased without troubling the user to search for them and manually delete. Maybe not as auto-feature, but I'd certainly turn it on to erase anything over two years in age that wasn't starred!

945th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be helpful if You could locate all my email accounts via my IP address

It would be helpful if You could locate all my email accounts via my IP address

1734th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Saved emails can easily be unintentionally deleted

When using "search for messages from this sender" the default parameter is "All Mail". This feature by default searches all mail in all folders including folders created by the user. When there is a large search list displayed, it is very hard to designate the emails that are already saved against the emails you want to potentially delete. In the search results there is no designation as to the location of the email as in previous versions of Yahoo Mail. Not until opening the header and displaying the contents of the email is the location displayed in the upper RH…

502nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How do I tag a message for follow up and then that teh follow up is complete?

As per Outlook, the ability to tag a message to be followed up and then tag it as complete. and then of course remove the tag if required.

682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PLEASE ADD EDIT OPTION

Please Add Edit Option in Disposable Base Account in Yahoo Mail...

945th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to Move One Email in A Conversation to a Folder

You keep squashing this suggestion, but huge numbers of people would benefit by it.

1312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base