New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. By allowing to sort by recipient in the sent box

Cannot sort mail by recipient in the sent box. They are usually all sent by the same person.

372nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Schedule email send times

Would be really nice if we could schedule a time for emails to be sent. For instance, if I am drafting a message today that I don't want to send until Monday morning, it would be great if there was a way to schedule that instead of having to remind myself to send it Monday morning or having to have someone else send it because I am not going to be connected at the time that I need it to be sent.

454th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. deleting emails a hastle!!!

When I try to select and email in the checkbox, it takes 10 to 15 clicks for the check mark to stay in the box. Also, after I have selected an email to delete, when it is deleted, Yahoo takes one and sometimes two of the emails below the selected email by mistake. Then, I have to go to the trash file to retrieve the emails deleted by mistake (by Yahoo mail) to sent them back to my inbox. It also takes extra emails back to my inbox that are unchecked. Please correct this error or bug!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

1014th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sorting bars above email messages

Can we have sorting bars above the email messages? This way we can just click on the bar above the relevant column to sort (e.g. from, subject, date, etc) instead of clicking on a drop down menu to search for the sorting option.

Also, if an email is selected and then the sorting option is clicked, that email message should remain selected. This helps with searching or browsing.
    For instance, if I select an email from "John" and I click on the sort by name bar, all emails from all Johns should be together; if I select an email whose…

419th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 831st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. can you please offer a Hanukkah stationary option to compose an email in?

can you please offer a Hanukkah stationary option to compose an email in?

1900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. folder

When I open an email in a folder, then close it, I'm tossed back to the inbox, instead of the folder I opened the message from. This makes looking through messages to find anything ... irksome.

446th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. * Back button for ads *

Ads switch quickly. We need a back button to scroll through ads that have passed so Yahoo can get more clickthroughs. Look at the way you can see previous songs in your history on Pandora. It needs to work like that. Thanks for your consideration.

1900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. paste email

Until last week, I was able to copy and paste a distribution list into the bcc to send. Now, it only transfers the first and last email?!?!!

440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create icon in every folder and have the ability to change color

It would be nice if every folder and subfolder had an icon and we have the ability to change its color.

1185th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow splitting one message out from a Conversation

This is valuable because huge numbers of people send replies that are off the original topic without changing the Subject field.

1185th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop putting the trashcan next to the message in the Yahoo list.

Between the sender's name and the message, a star and a trashcan and a magnifying glass pop up when we are going to answer the note. STOP the trashcan! I am forever ready to click on the message when the trash can pops up and changes the spacing, so my click sends my message to the TRASH. We don't need that tiny trash can when the ordinary "delete" works fine.

1900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When can we get Yahoo Mail Pro in Canada?

I can upgrade my Yahoo mail app to Pro, but not the browser-based email in Canada.

1014th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Customer Service!

Phone, email, I'll even take Chat! What is this, Facebook? When you offer a service, you need Customer Service!!!

518th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No place to do a web search, like before

No place to do a web search, like before

248th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop posting add while we checking our emails!

Yesterday I was about to open of my important emails, I saw it in my inbox later on after checking another email when I was looking that one to open I couldn't find it, your system just disappear that one and show my unread emails increased number! That's so frustrating! Please improve your system

1435th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Move, Sort and Resize Columns

I want to be able to move, resize, and sort columns by clicking on them, just like pretty much every other mail program around. I want to move the "trash can" column to the left so I can get to it easily, without being asked "Do you really want to delete this?" like you are when you use the icon at the top. I want to click on the sender column and sort by that, so I can quickly find all messages by a certain sender. Please either bring this functionality, or revert to the old version. Thanks.

653rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. spam

Why do items that are sent to your spam folder now still have embedded links active? In the old mail, any links in an item (which are usually bogus or even dangerous) were not active to click on, as a safety measure. If they really were not spam, you would move them to the inbox (or some other folder, I guess) and then you could use the links.

280th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base