New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. put

put in a delete all selection for mail, I receive a lot of junck I don't care about anymore and its easier to just delete

1743rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Thank you for giving back the folder sorting option. Now, please make the sort effective ONLY on a single forlder!

Way back, Yahoo had a very convenient option to sort messages in a folder with the option saved for future. Then, sorting disappeared. Now, it is back (thank you!) yet, when I sort one folder, the sorting is applied to all the others - makes little sense to me. I want sorting to be effective for a single folder and stay such until I change it. Thanks.

1315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Thought this might be an improvement...NOT!! I have XP SP3 (btw) and after sending an email, this "New/Improved Version" highlig jumps into

Thought this "New/Improved Version" might be an improvement...NOT!! I have XP SP3 (btw) and after sending an email, this highlights an email and won't stop that until I go into the email (where the COMPLETE email is highlighted???) and then select an open area to un-highlight the contents. How do I switch back?!?!? I do NOT like the added problem, or your never-ending suggestions to upgrade to this version!

241st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "EASY" WAY TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM JUNK YOU NEVER SUBSCRIBED TOO IS STUPID AND INEFFECTIVE

While it is a good idea to suggesting unsubscribing from junk emails, your suggestions are so terrible that I suspect you of accepting bribes from junk mailers. Today you suggested that I unsubscribe from The New York Times, which I pay for monthly and various other items which I virtually never delete because I read them. Just after I have finished deleting my junk mail, you pop up cheerfully suggesting that I unsubscribe from the mail that I deliberately did not delete? Also when I have sat down and tried to unsubscribe it never makes any difference as all those…

392nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 243rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. change languange on files names

Recently the folders names changed from spanish to english. I can't see any setting to set spanish names of the folders.

1315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. skip inbox

I would like to create a filter that has certain emails skip my inbox. Just like google did with the "zero inbox technique". It would be nice if yahoo adopted zero inbox. its a struggle trying to clean my yahoo mail.

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. folders

I need to be able to move sent items into folders using the Yahoo email app on my phone. I can do it when on the compuer, but it is annoying that I can't do it when I am on my phone. Inbox items can be moved to folders so why not sent items too?

1315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. email addresses in 'boxes'

Having the email addresses go into the little boxes means, to correct an error, I have to retype the whole thing.

Get rid of the stupid boxes and let me type the address in like any other typing.

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. show attachment icon in emails folders

Difficult to find the attachments in emails that have been saved in folders or archived. Is there a solution to this?
    I am unable to locate attachments in emails that have been saved in folders or archived. There does not seem to be an icon to show an attachment either on (i) a list when you click into a folder; or (ii) when you open the email. In previous version, you can see whether an email has an attachment by seeing the icon at the right side of the email list. You can still do this in the inbox view…

1103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make the separate tabs for social networks

make the separate tabs for social networks

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import Email into Microsoft Excel

I would like to see the option for Import Email (Data) into Microsoft Excel for research and analysis purposes.

To further elaborate, if I set up a folder for Employment Search, I would use the employment data to:

1. Analyze to my inquiries to employers
    2. Analyze and review employee responses
    3. Examine the frequency of the employment search activity
    4. Analyze the attachments made in each email

This suggestion does not have to be dedicated to one (1) specific folder. The importing concept can be universal (any folder an user would create).

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Requests

Stop repeating requests once declined.

224th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring back visible trashcan icons

I don't like that fact that you have removed the visible trashcans in the left side bar.

1315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. while forwarding messages, the forward lines need to be removed as its automatically changing the format of the message

i would prefer forwarding messages without forward lines which usually comes beside the typed message. so kindly give options for clients to remove such lines in settings.

1743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base