New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Horrible Resolution

My Laptop is 13 Inch and max resolutionis 1366x786 - the letters are blurry, fuzzy....which doesn't happen to the older versions

507th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. attachments

I used to be able to upload (using the paperclip button) pdf attachments up to less than 10 MGB but now it doesn't work. I can only upload small sized documents. Now I have to open my gmail account and can easily upload it there and then send it to yahoo account to forward. Makes keeping my yahoo account active seem ridiculous. Unless yahoo can fix this, I'll move all my activity to gmail. It is simply better these days....

323rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I need to put in MY location, not the location of my server. I am in the US and they are in Europe and this is causing all kinds of problem

Please let me put in my location and don't allow sites to use my IP server which is in Europe. I'm in the US.

1904th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. subject search doesn't fully work, misses most messages

I've noticed this getting worse. When I enter a search term like "subject:***" that the messages retrieved never fully match what I see in the inbox. Really odd for a company that started out as a search engine. I can't imagine how hard it is to do a string match on a subject line, but apparently Yahoo Mail has a lot of trouble with it.

1190th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow to preview or ability to open

Please allow PDF attachment to either preview or open while you are composing an email. Long file names appear shrieked with ... I wanted to double check whether I have attached correct file or not, but to no avail

344th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give back the option to bring up a group of emails and then choose only the inbox item to be moved to a folder.

Give back the option to bring up a group of emails and then choose only the inbox item to be moved to a folder

1190th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Yahoo! with Safari...problematic now

My new Yahoo! does not work well at all with Safari...

911th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. paste

Pasting text does not work properly - at least, not in Internet Explorer. The pasted content goes to the beginning of the email message, not to the spot where I want to insert it. I then have to cut all the text that is supposed to go above the pasted content and paste that, too. Very kludgy.

314th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Some of us are visually impaired. Please use lighter color print on dark backgrounds, and your boxes like this one too. Hard to find.

Some of us are visually impaired. Use light in color letters on a dark background, Please. And you outlined boxes, like this one are hard to find sometimes. Why are you changing the format all the time!!!! I am getting ready to leave Yahoo!!!!

460th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Smart View was important to me & is no longer availabe

I do not like the new version. When switched to the new i was told that i could go back if i did not like the new. There is no apparent way to do this. This is dishonest or just incompetence. What i want is the Smart View of my previous version which is not listed under views in the new version. I trade stocks. With the old version all issues of all advisory e-letters and alerts from a given publisher were in one place. There i could easily review past emails for investing and trading. This is not possible…

460th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get rid of related contacts automatically appearing when forwarding mail

Turn off related contacts appearing automatically when only forwarding an email to an individual. This is a nuisance. Probably was suggested by someone to lazy to go to contacts. Get rid of it. It's a PAIN

705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. there should be an automatic filter like gmail is providing viz. primary, social, and promotional etc.

there should be an automatic filter like gmail is providing viz. primary, social, and promotional etc. so one can easily sort the mails received.

1190th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Forwarding history

I can see by the arrow that an email has been forwarded or replied to. But there is no indication to "whom" it was forwarded. I need this as a sort of "receipt" that this information was indeed sent to them.

831st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Folders (large) display

Smaller/Medium/Large display setting option (just like under settings for messages). It's too big and I have to keep scrolling down.

1190th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want control over when my trash gets deleted!!

There should be a setting that allows me to choose how often my trash gets cleared out. I don't want to archive everything but I often delete something I ended up needing. There is no predictability or order to when items get deleted from the trash that I can see.

621st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1015th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. wave mouse over account icon

Used to be able to wave mouse over account icon and the account email address would pop up. That's not working today.

1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would love to have different color or shape of flags for my mail

I would really love to have additional colors or shapes of flags for my emails. If Yahoo had that, I wouldn't have to use any other email...

1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base