New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add additional YAHOO mailbox

Add additional YAHOO mailbox

1360th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. unroll.me

It would be really nice if Yahoo Mail offered something like the Unroll.me service within Yahoo Mail. The service allows me to get emails that I want to stay subscribed to, but I get too many of, in one daily digest. It would be great if this service was offered by Yahoo directly, instead of a third party.

1360th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1360th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. adding new post code for Kosovo in Yahoo

Please add new post code for Kosovo (+383) in your list. I couldn't chose my county.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Email Virus? Adware? Spyware?

I get an audio message with big red page warning message do not turn off computer it is infected. About 7,8,9 times only in Yahoo email. No other place. I'm at the point to where I don't even want to login but I've had the email addy fior a decade or so.

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I move mail to a folder, it disappears

This is a folder where I know I have stored items. I just moved an item there, and then it won't open. Yahoo, you really suck. I may be forced to move to Gmail, I would be there already if it weren't so difficult. Continue to motivate me, I will learn.

222nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto-archive folders after time period

Would love the option to set a time period for folders after which mail inside auto-archives.

For example, say I have a filter that moves all promo and deal type emails into a "Deals" folder. By their nature, any of those promotions will likely have expired after a month, so if I could set the mail in that folder to auto-archive when it's a month old, that would be super helpful

1360th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New mail is horrible! Would not send my email after 3 attempts. Had to use my Gmail account to send a simple email. Fail!

Improve "New Mail" by bringing back "Old Mail". Shouldn't take 3 minutes to download an attachment. Shouldn't take 3 attempts to send an email, all of which were unsuccessful. I gave up and used my Gmail account. This is a poorly executed "upgrade" which I would rate FAIL!

218th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Secure the message contents

Don't show message contents. Opening a message is how malware is delivered. AND--may not want contents displayed to anyone else who may be looking at the screen.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hating some of the positions on your new "email"

In the "settings" you need to put where we have a CHOICE as to WHICH SIDE we want the calendar, note pad, and all on because I not only just dislike but I do LOATH, DESPISE, AND HATE WITH A PASSION that the calendar and all are on the RIGHT rather than the LEFT!!!! GAG ME WITH A FREAKING STICK WHY DON'T YA!

884th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be nice to actually be able to use more than one vertical line when writing emails.

It would be nice to actually be able to use more than one vertical line when writing emails.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. reviewing "read" emails

I get a lot of emails that I want to keep for a week or so then delete (weekly specials/limited time offers/what's on this week etc).

Instead of keeping them, then manually trawling through my emails deleting outdated offers, could you put in another tab "review/delete in x days"? We choose the number of days and they either pop up as unread again (to review) or automatically deletes after that number of days.

It would make housekeeping my emails so much easier!

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Yahoo email page is short?

Recently when I use the scroll bar on the side of Yahoo email it doesn't show the last few emails. this has started to happen since the last update that Yahoo did in Yahoo Email. I always have to view the oldest emails to see the emails at the bottom of the page anymore. Can someone fix it so that all emails on the page or being shown. thank you

1360th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Invasive Right Icon Bar

It looks like someone already complained about these icons being in the way and suggested the icons be arranged into a column. My complaint is you can put them into a column but just it only effects the email your viewing. After viewing another email it pops back out, and you have to manually hide every single time you open another email.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please get rid of the "give feedback" icon, or tag in my email folders area

Please get rid of the "give feedback" icon, or tag in my email folders area

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lettering "comic sans ms" available for users on mail.

I Would like to see on Yahoo! Mail the "comic sans ms" lettering available for users.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Yahoo mail box

I have been thinking bout the Mail Box, I wish there was a way just to group e-mails. For instance if I get emails from At&t, it would be nice to set something up to where all emails from At&t would be group together.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Larger recipient limit

Yahoo mail should allow more recipients for one email. This is something that's been bothering me for a while. Why limit it to 100? I am involved in regularly communicating with large groups of people (not spam), but the 100 recipient limit is an annoyance.

1139th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I'AM SO ******* MAD AT YOU, YOU JUST DELETED A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE THAT I NEEDED TO ANSWER DAMM YOU GIVE ME MY OLD FORMAT BACK

MY IDEA IS THAT YOU NEED TO GIVE ME BACK MY OLD FORMAT YOU JUST DELETED A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE THAT I NEED TO ANSWER AND YOU JUST UP AND DELETE IT BEFORE I COULD EVEN FINISH READING IT.

192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cannot create sub-folders in my mailbox.

I cannot create sub-folders in my mailbox as I could before. So I created a new folder & could not move it to create a sub-folder. Please fix this

208th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base