New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 270th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Very confusing - misleading sent/received email

When forwarding an email to one person, if you go back to the main inbox/sent interface it lists the previous emails involved. Therefore it appears as if you forwarded the email to all other other email addresses, not just the ONE you intended to. and the only way you can see who you forwarded it to is if you click the email and scroll down to look at the "FROM/TO" portion.
    Please fix this, it is very misleading. I just go off the phone with customer support about this, and she agreed that it does look misleading and has caused…

1359th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filters error

I went to check my filters and found that when I clicked on some it came up with an error that it was trying to go back to the Inbox and it wouldn't open my filter. I couldn't click on the filter to delete it. It looked like some of my filters got corrupted?? I couldn't delete so I had to switch back to classic mail, then successfully deleted the filters, then switch back to the new mode and re-created the filters again.
    Are there problems with filters?

1021st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow us to distinguish off-topic emails from a Conversation

"Group by Conversation" is excellent for reading, but doesn't allow for separating off-topic replies. Please provide a "Remove from Conversation" option in each email's "More" menu.

A less-desirable workaround: move the "Group by Conversation" switch to the quick Settings drop-down, where the "Message Tabs" toggle is now (does anyone need to toggle that on and off all the time?).

636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mobile Multi-contact Deleting

Need the ability to delete more than one contact at a time in the app AND PC version of Yahoo Mail. The mobile one-at-a-time restriction is ridiculous.

1154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dark background for empty folders..?

Empty spam folder is white, although I have "dark mode" enabled. This "dark mode" is THE reason for me to use this updated Yahoo mail, it is so much easier for eyes. But when I empty spam folder, background goes all white, which was quite a shock first time! Could you please adjust this to the selected colouring scheme?
    Also, the spam folder does not show "immediately" whether there is spam, like the older version did with the number of new messages in that folder.
    But, basically I like the new Yahoo mail! Usually I don't like major updates in…

1675th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP TRANSLATE

STOP TRANSLATE PLEASE!

1675th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide Storage with Yahoo Mail Pro

With all the free email out there today I think Yahoo should provide a little more with the paid subscription. I was thinking like 1Tb of Cloud Storage with your Pro Account. This would be more of an incentive and would offer a nice benefit to your subscribers. I was looking for a backup tool for my pictures and files and I was thinking why pay for multiple services. So I hope you would consider this since $35 is getting to be a lot to pay just for email without ads.

Thanks,

1675th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add the translator to ymail and also use the translator as another website. try to become service provider by merging all sites of y

Please add the translator to ymail and also use the translator as another website. try to become a service provider by merging all sites of yahoo. Merging site will help you in promoting yahoo

1675th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. stop telling me to turn on notifications. I DON'T WANT THEM

THAT'S IT. STOP ASKING ME TO TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS. THAT'S ALL. STOP MAKING CHANGES, THEY DO NOT HELP WHAT SO EVER.

2294th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I suggest that you turn SPAM filter on again. I keep markin as spam and getting the SAME messages in my Inbox...over an over again! You all

I suggest that you turn SPAM filter on again. I keep markin as spam and getting the SAME messages in my Inbox...over an over again!

1154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When I log out/off, when I come back the next day you say, I was logged off for security? Hello I log off everytime! Yahoo keeps me logged i

When a subscriber logs off, log them off! STOP keep them logged on the show increased usage, it only leads to hacking of accounts!

676th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It adds a separate blank line when composing a message.

When pressing enter to start a sentence on a new line it adds a separate blank line.This appears to be a formatting problem.

150th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. automatically delete emails once they are 30 days unless the owner saves them in an envelope

To stop from having such klutter in our email that makes it so overwhelming when we open it. why not give us the choice to add an automatic delete check mark on old messages that we don't want or sales adds. Like 2 weeks or 30 days. That way we use up less storage and it's not so overwhelming.

2294th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. access to Comcast.Net email through Yahoo

used to be able to receive my comcast.net email through Yahoo mail. Please make that possible again.

2294th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New format does not return to the top of the inbox to display the latest emails after viewing earlier ones (same day). An "improvement"?

Well, let's see: when returning to "inbox", shouldn't emails display beginning with the latest? Not several emails down from the top? You know, just a thought. Pls stop w/the "improved looks", bells/whistles and stick with the basics.

2294th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to see the background picture on my screen without the big white square covering it

I like the nautical theme but it is always covered by a big white square even if I have no mail - can it just show the theme until I click on inbox?

2294th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. imap

Please add IMAP IDLE command.
    This makes mail receiving much faster and reduce load on server as long as clients don't need to poll it.

Thanks.

1359th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I use Safari and about 15 days ago Yahoo's website&mail uses a lot of memory. I end up closing it. Its that bad!!! Help!

I use Safari and about 15 days ago Yahoo's website&mail uses a lot of memory. I end up closing it. Its that bad!!! Help!

1021st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. PASSWORD CHANGE NOT HAPPENING. COMPLICATED PROCESS

FAILED TO CHANGE PASSWORD. SO COMPLICATED NOW! WAS SO CONVENIENT EARLIER

258th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base