New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to remove the picture

I want to have my picture removed and replaced with an initial.

1715th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 203rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  36 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto deletion of old mail

You used to have a time limit on mail where folders would have old stuff deleted. I want to set my mailbox that way and whatever is not read in 2 months is gone. you have no help anymore?

588th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an 'Unread Mail' folder like Outlook has

Add an Unread Mail folder where any unread emails are shown and once read disappear just like Outlook. Now that you've no longer made it possible to see aggregated unread emails numbered in folders. Or bring that back. I HATE THIS NEW VERSION it's going backwards NOT forwards candidly.

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Spam

There is no indication that there are any email in the Spam folder. It is necessary to open the folder to check. A simple number next to the spam heading would suffice, just like that used for the inbox, as it used to be.

141st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  73 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I see that a million other people cannot add signature pictures. Wanna fix that or what???? We dont have all day. Movin to gmail if not.

I see that a million other people cannot add signature pictures. Wanna fix that or what???? We dont have all day. Movin to gmail if not.

1185th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give us the ability to disable spam filter

Give us the ability to disable spam filter. Many not-spam mail was uncorrectedly filtered.

716th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ADD SPECIAL CHARACTERS LIKE Ñ-ó-ñ and many others.

PLEASE ADD SPECIAL SPANISH CHARACTERS CONTAIN IN SPANISH ALPHABET SUCH AS: Ñ Ó ñ

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Failed to clear folder

There are a few very full folders of useless spam where every time I try to empty the folder I get a message 'Failed to clear folder [folder name]' or if I try to select a stack with the tick at the top of the folder and delete them it returns unable to delete the 100 folders.

I have individually deleted the 100 and found that its not a buggy email in the list.
    I cannot manually delete them as a couple of them have 4000+ emails in.

It would be very helpful if there was a working way of…

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stationery settings need to be visible on the main page

Stationery settings need to be visible on the main page

Thanks for consirering.

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Composing Email to Multiple Recipients - Related Suggestions - Bring This Back Please

Before this nightmare came out, a useful feature was when composing an email to someone, and after you select it, Yahoo would automatically suggest other contacts/email addresses related to that email that have been sent to in the same email before. Now it suggests other emails that are completely unrelated, making that completely useless. Please bring fix this feature (along with everything else). Thanks.

1715th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Animated emojis and GIF

I used to be able to copy and paste animated emojis and GIFs and they would move in the email, that ability is not available in the new email. I don't want to be restricted to the lame GIF's and emoticons the new email has

882nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 952nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give me the option to actually select ANY mail as SPAM!!!

Need to have the option - once again - to select any email I consider to be spam!

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please bring back the option to MOVE a folder!

The classic email allowed me to sort folders, and move them. Why have you removed this? It was useful.

1044th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Just let us put our pictures as background like before and I can live with it.

Just let us put our pictures as background like before and I can live with it.

1044th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. search by sender z to a instead of just a to z

Allow to sort senders both a to z and z to a. You had this feature a long time ago. Bring it back.

1715th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filter Option in the new yahoo mail needs an update

For the Filter Option to organize incoming email, kindly freeze the pane of Command Buttons for Move Up, Move Down, Delete Filter as these command buttons are also going up and can not be seen when we scroll down, if there are many filters assigned.

1715th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base