New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Plain text" ******, because it isn't plain text! Don't fetch my URL links!

When I paste a link it shouldn't go fetch images and videos, etc!

Jesus Christ how can Yahoo *****-up a simple email system so badly!

They have SO many design and interface problems, and now they can't even make it work right?!?

1705th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Composing Emails

When composing a new email in the old format, I could just use the [SHIFT] [ TAB] key to move to the "From:" field and type the first letter of the email address from which I wanted to send the email. Under your new format, I have to use the cursor and select the drop-down box to choose the correct email address from which I wish to send the email. This is much slower than the old format.

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 173rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. re-send option for when no reply and you want to send a reminder

there are times when you need to either re-send or send again since you did not get a reply. rather than copy & paste 1st message, it would show the original send date along with the new.

2366th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add another sort category

under "Inbox" should have a category for Important or Awaiting Reply for mail. if it is put into a folder, it can be overlooked.

2366th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix the Interface

I don't like the tab on the right side, which showing the details of the sender. I can't remove it, just minimize it but it always expand back. It makes me uncomfortable because the area of the messages is decreased. Feel so tight.

2366th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. moment the mail is sent or receive from a person the address contact should automatically be stored by the system and we should not search f

moment the mail is sent or received from a person the address contact should automatically be stored by the system and we should not search for it please

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. right side panel with emails sender's info is unnecessary and too big. STOP GIVING US WHAT YOU THINK WE NEED AND WANT.

right side panel with emails sender's info is unnecessary and too big. STOP GIVING US WHAT YOU THINK WE NEED AND WANT.

950th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase line-height when increasing font size.

When you increase the font-size, but not the line-height, the lines get very close together making it harder to read. Whenever the font-size is changed, the line-height should change accordingly.

82nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. After deleting email

Presently after deleting an opened e-mail, the app directly goes to inbox. This is very annoying as I have to open next email from inbox whenever I have deleted an email.
    To resolve the situation you have to adjust the app so that after deleting an email, the app should show next email directly instead of going to inbox.

623rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Contact Window on Right Side of Screen

there is an annoying window on the right side of the screen that keeps popping up with the contact info for the e-mail that is open. I click on the arrow to minimize it, but every time I go back to my e-mail it's there again, hogging a quarter of the screen. If I set it as closed, I expect it to stay that way. Hope you didn't spend a lot on this"upgrade"; real waste of time and money.

878th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Iwant my inbox to go back the way it was please and I want to be able to viev all my emails in one long scroll not different pages that suck

This sucks give me back the good inbox with full scrolling not different pages and the nice appearence the classic I had this is just an inbox we don't need the rubbish or is this a thing bought in by the new partner well hands off our inboxes leave them as they were and dump this new rubbish.

585th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow subject changes when forwarding conversations!

You have taken away my ability to change the subject when forwarding or replying to an email. I often have to forward one email to several individuals that would require a different subject for each, and can no longer do that. I also often reply to one email several times with different photos, different information, and can no longer edit the subject to reflect what updates I am including. It is extremely frustrating when you "improve" something by taking away basic, necessary functionality.

1039th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mail pakistan

Why Mail plus Account subscription payment stopped in Pakistan. There are many people using who are loyal since years.
    Pls start this service again.

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Move colllumn is STILL not fixed. WHAT are you people dooing -. cant be that difficult :(

Få Move-kolonnen til at holde bredden og IKKE floppe ind når man scroller :(

2366th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Size

How to change fields' width?
    Was very easy previously!

2366th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please make it easier to write Right to left in Arabic

Please make it easier to write Right to left in Arabic

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. no way to get a list of keyboard shortcuts

Changing the keyboard shortcuts was stupid. Removing the link to display them should get someone fired.

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have beta testing

1. Options like search, delete, and star was very near to each other and thus it was easy to select an option. now one has to move cursor far right to delete.

2. Search feature needs more interactions now as against earlier search interactions. eg. User clicks search icon of one mail from mail list in inbox . this will list all mails across all folders as search results, user clicks search box and selects inbox in the dropdown box to filter mails from inbox only, mail list is not updated/refreshed as was happening earlier. one has to click search icon on…
    1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need to know who the emails are from. Cannot move emails to folders as no tabs. Cannot move to next email without going back to in box.

Need to know who the emails are from. Cannot move emails to folders as no tabs. Cannot move to next email without going back to in box. Cannot check boxes and delete multiple emails. I will be changing my stuff over to Google.

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base