New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow changes to letter color for low contrast - vision impaired. I prefer dark letters on semi dark background.

Allow changes to letter color for low contrast - vision impaired. I prefer dark letters on semi dark background.

764th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It would appear you have completely ignored the many people who want to Hide Views on a more permanent basis. Why cannot you allow for this? On my laptop, I have only so much real estate, and your expanded list of Views cuts down on my ability to look at my own, personal folders. Please, implement this, or let me have my old interface back permanently, where there was no such problem with Views.

206th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't try to fix what ain't broken

Stop messing with the e-mail system. It is was fine and worked great. Now it's nothing but delays, changes for no apparent reason. If something isn't broken, don't try to fix. Keep it simple and easy to use.

100th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. too much wasted space on the screen.

too much wasted space on the screen.

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  146 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. super bad move. unable to retrieve valuable info previously entered on Mail contacts. unable to locate 'work-around'. what was yahoo think

.. add a tool where we can see our original mail contact detail. unable to re-assign to list..... what was the yahoo folks thinking to devise this seemingly unworkable 'new' format......…….

1077th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve ability to control Line Spacing

You can 'improve New Mail' by letting us control Line Spacing.

1077th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. E-Mail Video's

Has anyone figured out a way to eliminate the automatic video's in email yet?

1077th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Default or selected email message is not being highlighted

This is an error on a functionality which I think needs fixed. Below is the scenario...

1. I am in the Inbox

2. Clicked on the recent email message (maybe any email in the Inbox but needs testing) and opened and read

3. Close the email message by clicking the "X" or hit "Esc" button on the keypad

4. I expect the current email message row to get highlighted, i.e. default row should be highlighted \ selected

5. Instead the selection is on a different message \ row which is a concern

This is a concern as, if I (or a user) closes the email…

1827th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1827th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reply / Reply All options when composing email

Previously, there was a "reply to all" or "reply to sender" option in the upper right corner next to the "show/hide CC/BCC" option. This was very useful if you selected "reply" arrow but realized it was more appropriate to send to the entire group, or converseley, if you realied that it should be targeted only to the sender. You could toggle back to either "Reply to Sender" or "Reply to All", meaning you could reply to all other recipients when replying to an email you had initially selected on ly "Reply" for. Now I have to copy the text, delete…

764th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Filters: Manage Massive Filters More Effectively - Idea 06, Simulate Emails to Test Filter Rules

Enhance users productivity and experience. Make managing tens or even hundreds of email filters easier.
    Making YahooMail more POWERful...
    Purpose:
    1) Easily understand which folder an email ends in without asking sender to be involved in the troubleshooting process
    2) Easier to trace-back the filter logic sequence to fix or confirm the logic
    3) No actual email to be routed, sent or received
    How?
    Create a simulated email and have the system to:
    a) show which rule was triggered
    b) show the Destination Folder filtered to
    1. Have a [Simulate/Test] button at the Setting>Filter page
    2. a) Compose an…

1077th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. i don't want symbols next to my contacts

I hate the symbols or initials next to each contact. It is so distracting

840th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Would like to view my starred email again.

Allow us to pull up starred email again.

2626th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. can't download photo attachment

There is no ability to download a photo attachment anymore. What is displayed within an e-mail is a "thumbnail" view rather than the actual attachment, provided the actual attachment is too large to display full size or was rotated right side up. I want and need to be able to download the actual attachment, not your automatically modified copy.

1251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. reply all

When I click anywhere in the reply box it goes Reply All by default.

I'ts great that the Reply, Reply All, or Forward buttons are right there and easy enough to see, but I have been caught out before when I just quickly click in the box and accidentally Replied All to about 40 people when I only intended to Reply to the person in the previous message.

I appreciate being able to click anywhere within the box (it's very efficient), but I think the default should be to just Reply, not Reply All.

1480th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow to Copy email address from existing email

Please allow us to copy email address from an old email to send a new one. The current version of yahoo mail don't allow us to do so though the basic version allows.

This is really an important feature for email user. This time I always have to hit forward button>copy address>delete the mail from draft folder.... This is very tiring. Please fix this ASAP.

1480th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. stars

1. It would be really helpful if the stars could be made different colours : Ie: if i don't want to file the email yet, and have half a dozen that I am waiting on dealing with, then to be able to 'star' them with a different colour for the 'status' of my conversations would be really handy.

1827th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The changes to yahoo mail over the past 6 weeks have rendered its performance completely abysmal.

The changes to yahoo mail over the past 6 weeks have rendered its performance completely abysmal. The recent changes to contacts are extremely regressive. I have used yahoo mail for over 20 years and have been a paying email customer for no ads for about 7 or 8 years. If a path back to the previously functional email and contacts is not provided, I will stop being a paying customer and leave yahoo mail permanently. I am so completely disgusted with all these unnecessary and regressive changes. Probably Yahoo does not give a **** if they lose paying customers. It…

972nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop the ads from slowing down my E-Mail response or I will be forced to change E-Mail Provider

Stop the ads from slowing down my E-Mail response or I will be forced to change E-Mail Provider

123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  60 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. i like having all 1 group

i do not like that you sort my mail by day.......
    i like having all 1 group with the date/time at the end.

none of this today, yesterday, last week, last month,.......

how can i turn it OFF....

1077th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base