New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In Holland we have suddenly got a so-called Dutch version of Yahoo Mail. The translations are ludicrous. Give up translating!

In Holland we have suddenly got a so-called Dutch version of Yahoo Mail. The translations are ludicrous. Give up translating! 'Move' has been translated as 'verhuizen', which means: pack all your belongings and start living in another house.

1385th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. spam

There should be a way to delete spam that appears from the same sender automatically and then you can look at anything unusual.

363rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New mail format

I like it - I like that the contacts are over on the right instead of the left. New stuff always takes getting used to.
    HOWEVER, I thought I was selecting to use this new format - but every time I used my contacts list - the OLD format is back.

481st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When I click the X to close an email, it just opens the last one I had open. Please CLOSE and go back to LIST.

Go back to list of emails when I close open message instead of going back to the previously opened message. I don't want to just toggle between emails. I would never want that.

302nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back the links to other yahoo sites - there used to be a link to yahoo calendar under mail and links to yahoo sports, finance, etc

Bring back the links to other yahoo sites - there used to be a link to yahoo calendar under mail and links to yahoo sports, finance, etc

353rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 560th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. scroll

When scrolling down in Inbox to get to messages that are out of the screen, the preview link at the bottom left hides the very message that I'm trying to read. This is very annoying especially when scrolling with arrow keys, because once I get to the message I want, I can't see the sender because it's hidden by the preview link. The only way to see the sender is to scroll one more message down and then back up, which defeats the purpose of scrolling with arrow keys. Please, FIX THIS!!!! And please, don't tell me to switch to…

182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. read/unread weirdness

It's nicer than before, but here are some issues:
    1. When you're on email and you mark it as unread, when you switch to other email it reset to "read" again. (so it marks it as read not when you open it but when you close it?)
    2. when you reply to email it then opens the next email in the grid, which sucks combined with the above issue, something I didn't actually look at is marked as "read" now.
    3. Sorting by "unread" is laggy, still better than before, but emails you open appear to stay as "unread" then…

491st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Message management banner

The pop up banner indicating that messages have been deleted, moved etc sits too low, obscuring the bar of instructions including delete etc

363rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Left side bar

I would like to be able to edit the side bar on the left. The flashing icons on the left are annoying.

252nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mistake in French Holiday Calendar

Hello,

The French Holiday Calendar wrongly displays the "Ascension" holiday on Fridays when it actually takes place on Thursdays (e.g. Fri 31 May 2019 instead of Thu 30 May 2019, Fri 22 May 2020 instead of Thu 21 May 2020, and so on).

2569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple fixes needed to the "upgraded" email

1. Emails that I reply to are no longer showing up in my sent email. If I compose an email it will show up but not a reply. I have dead lines I have to meet for work (this is my work email and yes I pay for it) and I can no longer show when I sent an email.
    2. I can no longer search old or deleted emails. This was one of the best features of the old email. Please bring this back. I really don't want to save every single email I send or receive.
    3. A…

2569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop asking for 'recovery' phone #

Stop asking for 'recovery' phone numbers for my mail account. I'm not going to allow yahoo to monetize that as well. I give you one of the phony numbers used by robo marketeers anyway, so why bother?

2569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Changing the date format

I want the date format to be DD-MM-YYYY rather than MM-DD-YYYY, but there seems to be no option for changing it.

2569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Open, Print, Deleting prior to Jan.1

Cannot open, print, delete old email dating before Dec. 31, 2018.....Whats up? I have receipts and docs that I need for tax purposes!!!!!!!

2569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Backup inbox

I think it would be a good idea to have the option to backup your inbox, preferably on a local drive. I'm considering subscribing to Mail Pro and having this option with Pro would seal the deal for me.

2569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow deleted emails to remain in folder for at least 60 days.

Deleted emails are removed from computer (7 days) too soon.

2569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base