New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New idea

I understand that we can add multiple email accounts (even non-Yahoo ones!) to be managed from one place, which is great. But what if we also added our cell phone numbers to write and read SMS messages quickly? A lot of times people text me, but I want to save it and access the whole coversation with them in a more permanent, email-kinda way.

413th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Closing original email after replying or forwarding automatically

I want my original email to close automatically after replying or forwarding any email message.

413th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix it!

I'm trying to reply to an email. However, it totally changed the original email. This is TERRIBLE!!!

478th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It seems silly to me to go back to an original message to reply. Why would I reply to myself? This has been the most maddening thing.

Make it easier to reply to someone rather than having to go back to an original message between two recipients. It makes no sense that I would reply to myself. Please fix this. It truly is ridiculous!

1043rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. resend option

A simple resend option for sent emails

1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1) I didn't ask for, nor do I want the "NO" icon before my name in emails I send. REMOVE IT! 2nd request. THANK YOU.

1) I didn't ask for, nor do I want the "NO" icon before my name in emails I send. REMOVE IT! 2nd request. THANK YOU

1230th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unread

I like the Unread option, but when I open an email in the unread folder it suddenly becomes "read" and disappears before I can actually read it. It should let you read it, but when you go back to the Unread folder that's when ti should disappear

435th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. increase from 100 to 250 mails

inbox messages from 100 increase to 250 mails

1230th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unlimited spam storage

Enable unlimited spam storage. My email is at 200 max and that's just ridiculous. I can't believe Yahoo has a maximum limit!!

1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expand MAIL Page & LOCK It

Expand MAIL Page & LOCK It

1230th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add photo to contact

Please brings back the feature let user add photo of their contact.

1230th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow mass selection by date

Since there are large date headers, allow selecting and options: such as, delete all mail under "today" instead of individual clicking

435th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1230th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Highlighting feature on E-mail

You know when you get something like a piece of paper with some info like a hard-copy letter, and you use a highlighter just to highlight the few important bits that concern you the most for future references?

How about you make a feature that can do the same for our inboxes/saved e-mails, so that we can skip easily to the highlighted/important bits when going through them again. Additionally, when this idea goes though, indicate on the "folder search page" when an E-mail has highlighted bits with this feature.

1230th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. DISPLAY FULL FOLDER PATH

When moving messages to folders and I type a sub-folder name, one or more folders with that name show up but when hovering my mouse over one of the names only THAT NAME shows up not the full folder path. I may have many sub folders named "comments" so I want to make sure I pick the right destination. This feature was OK in the current mail format but changed for the NEW format. Please change it back.

435th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. had a button to clean all email at once

had a button to clean all email at once

1476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Disposable addresses randomized AGAIN - please alphabetize and add search function in settings

Disposable addresses are, again, listed in a randomized order, making it extremely time consuming to find a specific address. Please ensure that all future mail versions have alphabetized disposable addresses when composing a message AND in the settings window to add/edit/delete disposable addresses. A search bar would also be useful in the settings window.

1043rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow the Export of folders to other formats

Over time inboxes get cluttered with good stuff and junk. It can be daunting to sort and puzzling to horde. Not only that sometimes there arises a need for Email addresses to be changed. Rather than using tons of paper and ink to preserve old emails (to some that's an enviromental impact and carbon footprint issue), how about you allow the true export of emails to other formats? It would give your email customers more peace of mind, ease of use, and free up space in the cloud.

This could help Yahoo's image. You could be seen as being more…

1043rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why would you put 'archive' as the first choice in mail? Why not 'delete'? I don't want to 'archive' much of anything, but I do delete a lot

Why would you put 'archive' as the first choice in mail? Why not 'delete'? I don't want to 'archive' much of anything, but I do delete a lot!

I thought I clicked 'give feedback' - not vote on some post! Gaaahhhhh!

1043rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ads pane too big

the ads panel is just too big

435th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base