New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow more control over deleting emails with one click.

Allow more control over deleting emails with one click. Sometimes you can delete 100 emails with one click, other times it is 200, 300, etc. I would like to be able to choose the number of emails to be deleted at one time.

2621st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo mail used to be easy to switch between accounts. Now it's a pain. I like the old Yahoo mail. Bring it back.

Bring back the old Yahoo Mail. This new one is a pain to switch back and forth between accounts. Or maybe that's what you want? Those of us with multiple accounts to go elsewhere?

597th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 124th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A suggestion on the folder column resize issue......

If Yahoo mail can't or won't allow resizing the folder, then perhaps it can "word wrap" the truncated names.

1251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. turn the link previews off already. My setting is set to NO yet they still show. Turn it off!

turn the link previews off already. My setting is set to NO yet they still show. Turn it off!

597th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto Highlighting

Auto Highlighting. Please return auto highlighting. I like to close an email before moving or deleteing it. It's easier to just click "delete" after closing a just read email. Now when you close an email that highlight line shows up somewhere else in a random pattern. To keep that highlight on the email just read I have to "check" the box before reading. That adds an extra stroke I never remember to do.

2621st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to able to open my messages in a new tab. It's much faster to review them.

I would like to able to open my messages in a new tab. It's much faster to review them.

839th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. calendar time zone unintuitive

adjusting time zone without affecting existing events

1824th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Since videos automatically play when my inbox is empty, I exit Yahoo mail. With old mail I gladly kept it active all the time.

Please provide an easy way to disable automtic video play when the inbox is empty. Thanks.

583rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. spam

You need better spam filters. If I receive a legitimate email with bitcoin in the subject field, this is always followed by hundreds of spam emails related to bitcoin. Same for dating, any legit online dating emails are immediately followed by hundreds of dating spam.

I also have Gmail, and that never happens in their system.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  124 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. when printing the emails the text is too small

when printing the emails the text is too small

972nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. get rid of the circles with the big letters in them

get rid of the circles with the big letters in them that are in front of the contacts email address

1075th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give us more interesting 'theme' options that aren't so dark, when they're on the full or what are currently referred to as dark setting.

The the themes are sparse and unimaginative. On the 'dark' setting they're too dark and on the medium and light settings the page is too all white. Otherwise, I have no real objection to the change in format.

541st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sort by Unread

When i sort by unread, I want to go to the next unread message when I click the down arrow or delete a message. Right now it goes to the next oldest email, not the next unread one.

Also I like being able to keep tabs of emails open if they are something I need to return back to soon.

I also don't like the "Deals" header and things that show up above the body of the email now. Distracting and complicates getting to the actual message.

All in all, I do not like the new mail format!!

1251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to view headers from the message itself !!!

Add back the option to view headers from the message itself, to reveal spammers' info !!!!

1480th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. reply all

I rec'd your response to a previous problem I was having but you closed the comments on that response and you suggested a solution that is not possible.

If I respond to an email with "reply" and start typing and then realize I need to "reply all" there is no option to click this anywhere on the screen. The response I rec'd said to just hit the three "reply all" arrows but there is no such thing once I start the email by just hitting "reply".

Here was your response to my previous issue that still exists:

Responded · AdminProduct…

1480th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Wish the Filters get updated after renaming of Folders

1. Create a Folder

2. Create a Filter on it.

3. Rename the folder created in step 1.

4. Created filter will stop working.

Wish you fix this!

1824th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. slows down - speed it up

When I first log on, Yahoo Mail is responsive - slower than it was, but if I leave, even for a few minutes, Yahoo Mail slows almost to a stop.

631st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Could you put in a spell check, not everyone is a good speller

When a word is misspelled, make suggestions to choose from.to correct it.

505th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add outside POP3 mailbox

In the past 18 months, Yahoo mail has really improved. The only thing keeping me from fully switching from Gmail is the inability to add outside POP3 mailboxes.

Is this going to be added?

1824th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base