New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When I do a seach for an email, I cannot see what folder it is in anymore.

I cannot see which folder an email is when I do a search for it. When I complete an order, I move all the emails pertaining to that order in a shipped folder. I can no longer see all of them in a search.

952nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When in a mailing list and one contact has two contact addresses, I have to copy and paste 2nd email to add to email.

You should be able to click on both addresses to add to the "To" line when composing an email.

952nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Space Usage on Compose, Reply, ReplyAll

The new email format insists on keeping the addressee, sender, and subject on the screen, without the ability to scroll it off the visible page. when I am trying to write an email (often with large distribution lists or on Reply/Reply All), this sometimes leaves the data entry space for me at a mere 1 or 2 lines. I can enter as many lines of message as I want, but I can only SEE the one or two lines at a time. With the large Yahoo Mail banner & broad spacing on sender/recipients/subject, this wastes a lot of space for…

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When I start an e-mail, I start with my message. Yahoo annoys me by moving the insertion bar to the “To” Please stop.

When I start an e-mail, I start with my message.
    Yahoo annoys me by moving the insertion bar to the “To”
    Please stop.
    Let me finish my message before typing in the recipient.

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to see the sender's name ,not just the first line of the e-mail, before I open it. Is there an option in settings that I am missing?

I cannot find any option is settings that allows me to choose a view that displays the sender's name in my inbox. I wish to know who the sender is before I open an e-mail.

You're new look is not appealing to many people. The design is so not you!

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be really nice if you could have a way to put emails that you want to keep at the top that are important

It would be really nice if a person could put an important email(s) at the top of all emails. This way I don't forget about them.

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. R to L

Right to Left text doesn't stay right indented after sending
    Why!
    Was fine in the previous Excellent version!

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Larger scroll bar current one is difficult to locate and use.

Please fix the scroll bar - very hard to use. i have to select emails one at a time from a list, and I can't move paste first screen

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. YAHOO FRONTPAGINA

Ik zou blij zijn moest de eerste pagina van Yahoo niet altijd in het frans verschijnen , maar eerst in het Nederlands zodat ik dit niet steeds moet omschakelen hetzelfde met de standoort voor het weer , alle dagen moet ik weer Blankenberge invoeren

1714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notepad should open in new message tab

It's counter intuitive to for a button (calendar) to open new Chrome tab. Instead, it should open new message tab ("turn on tabs for multitasking" in settings have to be ON).

1714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How do I mark "unread" I use to able to but not now.

I use to be able to right click and mark unread to one that I have opened. now how do I?

1714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. i don't want 'classic mail' i just want my old format, the one that has real photos, real color and the BBC works ...

if i am in the 'new format' and click on 'settings' i seethe place for switching back to 'classic mail'.. but i DO NOT WANT CLASSIC or the new version, i want the version i had last week, before i was put intothe new ugly one without my concent.

829th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Anti-Trump videos

We don't need to see your left wing videos after deleting the spam.

716th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please allow us to use our own wallpaper for Yahoo Mail. You don't give us enough nice choices.

Most other email providers allow background changes of the user's choice, either from a provided list or the user's own graphics. Personally, I'm not fond of any of the choices you provide.

1714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move, Delete and Spam buttons are too far away (both too high and too far to the right) from the message list.

Move, Delete and Spam buttons (I don't care about Archive, never use it) are too far away from the message list. They are both too high and too far to the right, so there's too much of a reach between selecting the message and choosing the action.

1714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Inclusion of info tabs

Please add news, info & other tabs like cricket, Bollywood etc at the top as in previous version. It will be easy to navigate to the specific topic immediately from email section as well as I was doing before.

1714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Displaying the full details of date of the emails.

I would be nice to see the full details of the date (time, day, month, year) of ALL emails including the sent and drafts. Thank you.

1714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop having trailers AUTOPLAY when I refresh, nearly blew my hearing out even though it said it was muted...very lame.

Stop having trailers AUTOPLAY volume/adds when I refresh, nearly blew my hearing out even though it said it was muted...very lame.

2381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base