New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please highlight the folders with unread emails

Only a number next to the folder showing there are unread emails. However the folder itself is not highlighted. Would be good to highlight/bold the folders to make them standout.

164th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. email search

would be nice when you do search in the email that you will get all the emails from this sender even if some are deleted, and will be in the trash folder (sometimes you find you delete something by mistake and the search will help to find it)

333rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The emails adresses of my contact book does not show when making an email

Show the email address when composing email
    worked in the old version

276th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to see Spam without needing to REMEMBER to click MORE. That was not a good imporovement!

I want to see Spam without needing to REMEMBER to click MORE. That was not a good imporovement! Do you guys actually think that you are that good at determining what is spam and what is not? You are not. How arrogant of your industry to make that assumption.

388th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. bring back the progress bar for uploads, my upload didnt work, gmail worked careful

been sending work with yahoo for years, now with new version, uploads show error, so u simple sent it with my gmail account,

184th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. create folder when in email

when reading an email & wanting to file in a folder, if the folder has not been created you must go out & create the folder then go back to the email to move it to the newly created folder. You should be able to create a new folder from the email view or when in the email.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. read/unread weirdness

It's nicer than before, but here are some issues:
    1. When you're on email and you mark it as unread, when you switch to other email it reset to "read" again. (so it marks it as read not when you open it but when you close it?)
    2. when you reply to email it then opens the next email in the grid, which sucks combined with the above issue, something I didn't actually look at is marked as "read" now.
    3. Sorting by "unread" is laggy, still better than before, but emails you open appear to stay as "unread" then…

388th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. calendar

It's very irritating to have new tabs created whenevef I go to my calendar or contacts. I only need one tab (one instance) of my mail. Fix this: decide how to implement the calendar and contacts function well or take them away (the latter would be a huge mistage!)

353rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Message management banner

The pop up banner indicating that messages have been deleted, moved etc sits too low, obscuring the bar of instructions including delete etc

294th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. rename a folder with subfolders

renaming a folder with subfolders (or not) is crucial for organizing emails and boosting productivity, now that renaming a folder is no longer allowed once it has one or more subfolders.

266th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. YAHOO NEEDS AN OPTION WHERE YOU CAN CLEAN OUT ALL MESSAGES FROM INBOX TO TRASH.

WE NEED THE OPTION TO WIPE OUT THE ENTIRE INBOX. I HAVE SPAM THAT IS IN MY NEW MAIL AND ITS HARD TO SIFT OUT OLD FROM NEW ITS EXHAUSTING. SO ID RATHER DELETE EVERYTHING FROM MY INBOX AND START FRESH.

248th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Address Book - Deleting Old E-mail Addresses but keep coming back

I am getitng frustrated with old e-mail addresses coming back to my Contacts after I deleted them. Some people changed their e-mail address, I deleted them and they keep coming back. I have the correct settings too for that as well.

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Left side bar

I would like to be able to edit the side bar on the left. The flashing icons on the left are annoying.

206th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. sorting

I prefer to view my emails with the'oldest at the Top'. Why can't I permanently change this instead of it reverting back to 'newest on top' all the time.

410th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. copy paste from word, excel, etc

Please allow the user to copy/paste from source to yahoo mail and keep the format at the source. When copying from Word that has tab delimited columns the columns are no longer aligned in Yahoo mail. When copying from Excel the user should have the option of keeping the grid boxes. When copying a table from either the size of the table should remain constant not turn into jumbo size.

302nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How do I move the VIEWS below FOLDERS?

As above. VIEWS are just in the way. How do I move them out of the way?

218th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No place to do a web search, like before

No place to do a web search, like before

210th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. spam

Why do items that are sent to your spam folder now still have embedded links active? In the old mail, any links in an item (which are usually bogus or even dangerous) were not active to click on, as a safety measure. If they really were not spam, you would move them to the inbox (or some other folder, I guess) and then you could use the links.

239th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow mass selection by date

Since there are large date headers, allow selecting and options: such as, delete all mail under "today" instead of individual clicking

383rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Too easy to open emails accidentally while ticking to select them for deletion

If you aren't 100% accurate ticking the box, it's far too easy to accidentally end up opening an email, rather than selecting it. The box needs a much bigger "catch zone" for mouse clicks

290th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base