New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Personalizating options for visually challenged.

Background options for the visually challenged, which include BLACK/darker text for folders, inbox, etc., with light toned, not bright white backgrounds. The eyes struggle with white ones. To bright! Right now the options do not offer this in settings, for personalizing. The old inbox did. I could have a non-white background and still have dark text. This is exactly why I refused to click the change to new option. I knew I'd lose what worked so well. Judging by other posts, I'm far from alone on this issue. The question is, will Yahoo care and accommodate these needs? I'm sure…

2362nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I just want attach from cloud

I just want 1 changes from yahoo, switch on attach from cloud option

2362nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unread

Unread messages sent to other folders than Inbox are not counted. I have quite a number of folders, and I need them. It's a real pain to have to check the whole list each time.
    Seriously, this is NOT an UPgrade, but a DOWNgrade.

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatically delete spam

I would like to see spam deleted automatically once every 7 days,. The volume that would accumulate over 30 days would be in the hundreds of emails.

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. attachments

When forwarding emails with multiple attachments, I get an error saying that "we encountered a problem and cannot send," or something to that effect. Saved as a draft and then resent and it goes out immediately.

Also, composing emails with multiple .zip files never finishing uploading. You just continue to see the spinning widget over the file. Prior version with progress bar was much better.

Finally, when receiving an email with multiple attachments you could click the "download all attachments as zip file" link. Now when i click it, nothing happens.

Lots of little bugs in this new version. After…

193rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "TAG" email?

Can you make it possible to "TAG" email? not just folder it.- But have word/topic tags for search ? On FB they made an option for post saves to be tagged by topic type...I REALLY helps tracking those posts in folders

1394th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spam button is next to Mark as unread. 'WAY too easy if one is in a hurry to hit Spam instead of sub-menu for Mark as unread

Spam button is next to Mark as Unread sub-menu. 'WAY too easy if one is in a hurry to hit Spam instead of sub-menu for Mark as Unread. This has caused untold angst and anguish for me. Make Spam button harder to accidentally hit (different size; different color; requires right click or double click; asks you if you're SURE you want to Mark as Spam) and MOVE IT ELSEWHERE so it's not so easy to mistakenly choose AND it's not so close to a much-more-frequently-used sub-menu. Spam is a nuclear option. You should have to REALLY MEAN IT to use…

3962nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2362nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Get rid of the blank line between messages on the Inbox.

Get rid of the blank line between message in the message list. I want to see as many messages as possible since I can delete a lot of them because they are solicitations wanting my money. There is no need for a blank line between messages. Or go back to Classic mail..... an excellent application.

1038th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. star/flag function

I use the star/flag function a lot and would love to have different colors!

1038th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. link preview

Link preview not working

2362nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. if would be nice and more convinien for user if yahoo could add a feature to remove email after sending in the aprociate time

if would be nice and more convinien for user if yahoo could add a feature to remove email after it have been sent for few minutes . Please .

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let me use my Contact groups, let me forward pictures and cartoons and put back auto saving to draft

You took away valuable functions that were in the "old" Mail. Please put back the use of Contact Groups, the automatic sending things to drafts and allow me to forward pictures and cartoons (which I cannot do under this new mail).

1175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. urgent email

How do I compose and send an urgent email? The recipient must know that it is an urgent email.

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can Verizon Yahoo add filing features and mechanisms to the "new" email?

There should be a category for "architecture" to list feedback of the Verizon Yahoo email system that they recently built. Unfortunately, Verizon Yahoo doesn't permit the new email users to distinguish between filed emails and unfiled emails. To Verizon Yahoo users it will all look the same. This is a throwback to the 1970s-1980s email, when application architects hadn't given enough thought to email systems, and what users would need to function. Why can't users have the opportunity to view and distinguish between filed and unfiled emails? Why would a system designer create an email system under the assumption that…

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Missing Features - SPAM

Please replace removed features from old email to new in the SPAM folder. Features in the SPAM folder, reply, forward, view raw message and mail indicator need to be added. Recently I have reduced/stopped spam mail by forwarding to FTC and appropriate domains ie... amazon, bank, usps etc...

I was getting 20 plus email daily from an amazon affiliate that has since stopped by my forwarding the email/raw email to the appropriate abuse domain. Now to do this I have to put the email in my inbox to copy/paste raw messages and forward unsolicited email for review.

I just don't…

1038th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. unable to use DropBox, so upset with the new format!

I ambsolutely hate the new Yahoo format and by looking at these comment I am not alone! The one thing I use most is Drop Box to send large format files. It is absolutely crucial to everything I do in my email. I was avoiding the switch as long as possible as it took that function away but now Yahoo has forced me to update and my Drop Box capabilities are gone! I loved Yahoo but now am absolutely infuriated by this change! My email has become useless and I cannot send files to the people I need to and…

3962nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make BLOCKING emails easier!

Make BLOCKING emails easier!

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  65 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add 2FA via an app (like Authy)

Please add 2FA via an app (like Authy)

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base