New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Right click options missing

Right click options on mails on inbox list view completely disappeared in the new mail.

113th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make email filtering a one touch proces - like in the old version.

Make email filtering to folders a one touch process

891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get rid of the login CAPTCHA.

The login CAPTCHA is a terrible idea.

The CAPTCHA request might be (barely) forgiveable if I were logging in from another country. When I'm at home or at work, on the same IP I use every single day, there's absolutely no excuse for it. MAKE THE BAD THING STOP. (And please don't merge this into a thread about location history again - that's not the topic. This is about the never to be sufficiently damned CAPTCHA.)

2453rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How to know on what date and time i have read/ opened my email in my inbox?

How to know on what date and time i have read/ opened email in my inbox?

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New mail: I can't copy paste email addresses anymore! WTH

I need to be able to copy paste email addresses from clients to another web page for notes, appointments, and invoices. You forced me to switch to the "new email" and it still doesn't have that ability. Can't right click, highlight, save, or anything anymore! You are making me write it on paper and re-type WTF year is this???

1432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. drafts

I have 3 drafts but I can't retrieve any. The message after spinning several minutes is " nothing to see" ????

195th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  56 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Full contact

Show full contact fields in Andriod App.

Right now you can't see all the contact fields in Andriod app like you can on https://address.yahoo.com

Change the Yahoo email andriod app to show all contact fields

838th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. spam filter

Yahoo's spam filter used to work remarkably well, but for the past month or so I've been getting lots of spam in my inbox, mostly about innocent sounding things like insurance, health plans, gift certificates to Amazon or retail stores, or investment opportunities. They all come from third party advertising sources and are obviously spam. The e-mail addresses keep changing so there's no point in me adding filters for specific senders. You need to identify these messages and dump them before they hit my inbox.

616th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. REMOVE NAME TAGS!!! When I send an email, the email address & name of persons I am sending email(s) to are NOT listed on email.

When I SEND an email, neither the email address nor the name of the person that I am sending the email to is shown. Instead the ICON NAME/NAME TAG is shown (for example, instead of "**********@email.com" being shown on the email, the ICON NAME "BROTHER" is being shown). I want the EMAIL ADDRESS AND/OR the NAME of the person listed that I am sending the email to.

1216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. calander

I love Yahoo Calendar on my PC, just wish I had it on my Android Yahoo Mail app. Other calendars mobile apps are not as good as Yahoo calendar.

891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hard to read

Why did you close all "the hard to read" issues.

1) Content in left rail, hard to read
    2) List of email in main area, hard to read
    3) Navigation once in an incoming email, replies and the like, hard to read
    Really, are you trying to drive people to GMail?

648th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. stationary doesnt allow to add your own image.

stationary doesnt allow to add your own image. I was told that this feature is available but i do not see it.

2453rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Besides the new format stinking, says I have a draft until I click it

It says I have a draft after I send an email and doesn't go away until I click on drafts only to see nothing is there.
    Spam doesn't show that I have spam, when I click on it there is spam to delete.
    This new version is buggy, the layout is terrible and people hate it yet you refuse to switch back and make everyone happy.
    Does this make any sense?

2453rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Is there a way that I can add a Note or a Task on each email, like gmail?

For example, I have an email, and I would like to add some notes on why I am holding that email, or why I took certain decision on that email.

I can do that on Gmail emails, but I don't want to delete my Yahoo email, I prefer you to improve it because I love my yahoo email.

Thank you!
    Thank you!!!

1432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. All new Disposable Email Address comes with @yahoo.com instead of @yahoo.com.sg.

All new Disposable Email Address comes with @yahoo.com instead of @yahoo.com.sg. Can user able to edit the previous com.sg to .com instead so as not being confused of which disposable address are having only .com or is .com.sg? Better still if it can put back to previous format representing its specific country identity like Singapore as .com.sg or Malaysia as .com.my will be perfect and loved by all users I believes thay will agreed to it.

1432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Help. Something happened. Cannot view the full width of an email along with my list of folders on the left!

Need to adjust both the width of the email column and the folders so they both appear on the screen simultaneously.
    Better yet - just go back to the last format of yahoo. Why is it that "new is always better"??? It ISN"T.

1216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Filters/Folders are too hard to make and manage

Making Filters is almost impossible. It's TOO HARD. It's ridiculous how hard it is. Please make it very easy to find and use. This is not rocket science, people. It's simple UI/UX design. Please add a simple contextual menu for adding an email address to a given or new filter. It's so slow having to create new filters and folders everytime I get a new email, I just gave up and now just delete every single email read or unread. I stopped reading email because Yahoo makes it too ******* their users. I just want and need good easy to…

1216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Who gave you permission to change my mail preference?! I demand to have my old mail replaced!

Who gave you permission to change my mail settings? I demand to have my mail returned to the original settings! You had no business doing this without my express permissions!

243rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. small space for email

Space for actual emails is reduced enormously. Why yahoo ribbon takes up so much more space. The email list is squeezed from the top and from the side into 30% of the area.

838th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base