New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It should be MY CHOICE when I WANT to empty MY TRASH! Maybe I need to switch to GOOGLE!

It should be MY CHOICE when I WANT to empty MY TRASH! Maybe I need to switch to GOOGLE!

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo Mail Plus should have annual pay option, instead of just monthly

An annual pay option for the new Yahoo Mail Plus would be a great improvement, to simplify record keeping (I hate monthly bills!).

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Widend Folder View for Long Names

Can the feature to widen the folder view window be implemented so when long folder names are created you don't have to hover over them to see the entire name.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The previous versiion of YAHOO Contacts was a easy to use and one could print off a individual listing. the current Contact listONTats , sE

go back to tie previous way the CONTACTS listing were displayed and worked. We could print off a Individual group listing then forward to the members on that particular listing, IE: Bridge or Golf Groups.
    Now you can not??? A bad change, go back to the previous Yahoo contact lisitings.

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Option to Turn Off Group by Date in Inbox

I do not want to group by date. It is unnecessary and takes up space in my inbox. Please give me the option to turn this off.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. reply to message with attachments

When I Reply to a message that has attachments I get the dialog about sending the message to new recipients and asking if I want to include the attachments. In theory it's nice to be asked, but logically the sender of the message I'm replying to isn't a new recipient and almost certainly already has the attachments. The "From:" header of the original message should be considered a source of previous recipients when checking whether or not the reply is going to new recipients.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Block Snovio

There is an extension called Snov.io that can be added to Chrome, which adds a tracking pixel to Gmails sent, which then allows the sender to see how many times the email has been opened.

For the privacy of Yahoo! Mail users, the tracking pixel should be blocked.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Replying an email, how to put my answer on top or bottom?

I don't find a setting i think you used to have: formatting a eply: to select where to insert my answer: on top or at bottom any more. It is inserted at the bottom... Or have I missed something??

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Marking as spam not working

I've posted about this recently and Yahoo marked the idea as resolved, linking to a post saying to just keep marking spam e-mails as spam and it'll work. It doesn't, over the past year I've gotten a collective of hundreds of e-mails very similar to each other from these senders:
    │📢 Thank You. Sams Club 💌│
    ||.Please confirm your order..||
    ║ 💌 Thank You. CVS ║
    ☑..You've been chosen..
    -.-You're Invited.--
    °KOHL'S Reward°
    etc. I've marked every single one as spam as it always ends up in my inbox. I get regular kinds of spam that are appropriately in the…

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trash folder

The trash folder on the app doesn't show all the items deleted like the browser version.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Yahoo system filters rejecting emails

Is there any way to control Yahoo system filters for email. Legitimate mails from and for other people are being rejected by system filters, not just for receiving but also for sending, Yahoo refuses to send my emails to specific addresses with telling me that my email is spam!? Is there a possibility of creating exceptions for the filters? To make things clear, I have no filters activated myself, this is system stuff.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. unreadable emails

All email alerts I get from TdAmeritrade are unreadable. It just looks like HTML code. Ameritrade's customer service talked to tech team, and they said it must be on the email service providers end.

Who at Yahoo can I contact in order to figure this out?

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Email goes to drafts without notification. It has delayed important business related emails without knowledge. This has cost me time and $$$

There are many times an email goes to drafts when sent. When I think it has been sent, it never was, causing major disruptions in my business. This shouldn't happen without a popup or some alarm to affirm this. It's been a terrible problem, leading to faults in productivity and business delivery.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I'm getting blasted with spam emails, and half of them are landing in my inbox!

Either get this fixed or I'll move to Gmail. I'm not joking. A lot of these emails are extremely offensive to me. They are about wives riding African princes, or some other sexually explicit garbage. Start blocking this trash NOW OR I'M GONE!!!!!!!!! And I want an answer to this by the end of business today too. GET MOVING!!!!!!!

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SPAM FILTER HAS BEEN FAILING FOR THE PAST WEEK. WHY IS THERE SO MUCH JUNK IN MY INBOX?!!!!

What the **** Yahoo? I am being pushed to start transitioning away from this email account because of how bad the spam filter has been failing for the last week.

FIX IT!!!

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. next email

Every time I open an email, it gives me around 30 seconds before it opens the next email. I'm not seeing an option in the settings to disable this, and it has not gone away with restarting the computer, browser, or page. Please fix this bug.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can you please turn off the Ads on top of inbox email list? It is really annoying.

Please remove ads on the top of inbox mail list, it is really annoying.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow for sorting emails by sender to allow for easier maintenance of inbox.

There need to be more categories for sorting emails. I've practically stopped reading email because it is just too cumbersome to try to keep up with. Need the sort function to make it easier to do bulk deleting of advertising emails

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ???????

Why yahoo cannot stop or spam email sender of Aliexpress?

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base