New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo mail no longer shows pdf attachments correctly.

Yahoo mail is not showing pdf previews correctly anymore. This is a change from months prior, where pdf previews were working correctly.

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. LEAVE PEOPLE'S EMAILS ALONE

My feedback is that you suck! I am finding out now that you people are deleting emails without consent or knowledge!! You suck! I'm ******!

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please update filters

1-most important! allow a filter to have a list of comma separated emails so that 20 filters can be simplified to one filter
    2-on the list of filters, please lock the heading and buttons (up down delete) at the top of the screen so they remain visible when I have scrolled to the bottom of my 300 filters
    3-please add buttons for move filter to top of list, and move to bottom
    4-this uservoice doesn't let me vote for existing ideas!

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Move or Move To to right-click menu

Please add a Move or Move To option to the right-click menu. Outlook and Gmail both use it, and I am stunned each time I encounter it missing in my Yahoo Mail. (Then I remember that I have to click the Move icon at the top.)

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Yahoo Calendar is difficult to integrate with ANY calendar apps....its getting old and I am about to shut down this account.

Yahoo is getting antiquated. It is not keeping up with other email and calendaring systems that are free and can be synced with many applications. Yahoo needs to change or die. That is where we are now. Google is gobbling up your market share.

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow multiple tabs of emails to be open at once.

Yahoo is one of the only email providers that does not have this feature. It makes using Yahoo more difficult because I have to open a whole new browser tab to have two or more emails open at once. Very unaccommodating.

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. yahoo mail

Hi with several mail boxes the chosen mailbox is highlighted good. but maybe also the "inbox" to Inbox abcdefg" so its even more obvious which inbox is in use... just something simple would be cool (colours? letters? numbers) thanks anyway Yahoo is great :)

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let me "search" all my filters, so I can find and adjust the ones that need adjustment!

Let me "search" all my filters, so I can find and adjust the ones that need adjustment!

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Modify mail filters to allow lists of search terms, regexs

I use mail filters extensively to organize my mail. I like to manually curate these filters, so automatic mail sorting is not of interest to me. Often, a particular topic or source will send messages from many different 'from' addresses. Currently, my only option is to create a separate filter for each each sender - which makes it difficult to manage filters; or to determine some substring of the senders' emails (which can catch unintended emails).

To resolve this, I would appreciate if the filter management tool were modified so that multiple options can be entered for a rule.

(As…

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please restore the EMAILS - they are all important.

the emails were all important and request to please help to re-store all the emails back.

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restoring the old emails

I cant see my old mails in the mailbox. Please restore old emails!!!

68th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Not all original recipients show in sent box reply

Would be nice to see entire header in sent emails that have been replied to. Currently, only condensed, incomplete information displays in email in the sent box that is replied to. This has nothing to do with the new recipients, only the info garnered from the original sender.

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. contacts app

Why is there no contacts section in the Android app? Also, I have contact lists that I cannot access in the app. When I start typing in the contact list name, it does not pop up. Dumb.

68th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifications and alerts for emails in sub folders

I need notifications for filtered emails going into folders and sub folders. Did try to vote but the 'idea has been closed'. So anything done about this or is it just being ignored.!!!

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It should be MY CHOICE when I WANT to empty MY TRASH! Maybe I need to switch to GOOGLE!

It should be MY CHOICE when I WANT to empty MY TRASH! Maybe I need to switch to GOOGLE!

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Yahoo Mail Plus should have annual pay option, instead of just monthly

An annual pay option for the new Yahoo Mail Plus would be a great improvement, to simplify record keeping (I hate monthly bills!).

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Widend Folder View for Long Names

Can the feature to widen the folder view window be implemented so when long folder names are created you don't have to hover over them to see the entire name.

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The previous versiion of YAHOO Contacts was a easy to use and one could print off a individual listing. the current Contact listONTats , sE

go back to tie previous way the CONTACTS listing were displayed and worked. We could print off a Individual group listing then forward to the members on that particular listing, IE: Bridge or Golf Groups.
    Now you can not??? A bad change, go back to the previous Yahoo contact lisitings.

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Option to Turn Off Group by Date in Inbox

I do not want to group by date. It is unnecessary and takes up space in my inbox. Please give me the option to turn this off.

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. reply to message with attachments

When I Reply to a message that has attachments I get the dialog about sending the message to new recipients and asking if I want to include the attachments. In theory it's nice to be asked, but logically the sender of the message I'm replying to isn't a new recipient and almost certainly already has the attachments. The "From:" header of the original message should be considered a source of previous recipients when checking whether or not the reply is going to new recipients.

137th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base