New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. increase blocked accounts number or remove 500 account limit

My account was recently added by a fraudster to hundreds of different mailing lists. The only way to keep my yahoo account usable has been to block all senders and current/future email...but I reached a limit at 500. This limit should be eliminated or your spam filter greatly improved.

Many of the list they added the account to are not in English and it should be obvious. Because they are often real products or lists, the Spam filter is missing them. I was hoping I would be able to keep using my account but I'm no longer sure.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use the latest email date/time (for Sent or received email) for the date sorting order of the Inbox

Hello, very nice interface, but when Conversations are turned on, & when showing my Sent email in a Conversation, please use the Sent time/date in the date sorting order of the Inbox. In other words, please use the latest email date/time (for Sent or received email) in the date sorting order of the Inbox.
    Or please just move all Sent emails to the Inbox.
    Thanks!

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can I ask if you can put an A to Z

Can I ask if you can put an A to Z on the left side of the yahoo page. Under Folders. This would make it faster for us to find the things we have saved. Thank you for your help and have a nice safe night.

35th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. contacts from apple not listed to upload

Make apple contacts option to link to yahoo mail this is very frustrating i am new member may not have signed up if i had known yahoo not Mac friendly!

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not enough font types and sizes

There are not enough fonts on Yahoo Mail; its way too limiting. I find it boring to type and send an email from Yahoo; I feel that when typing an mail it's very transactional and not personal to me or from me.
    e.g. comic sans as a font type has been around for ages; why can't it be available.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. include export feature

Need to be able to export email to PST or other format. I have a legal issue that I need it for now.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add right-click option for Move item to folder

Please add the ability to move a selected/highlighted item to a particular folder in the right-click context menu.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow plain html on desktop

Allow plain html on desktop and mobile for low bandwidth situations and faster loading speed.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to edit the email title

I have stores email my receipts. I have a folder for each store. I use these receipts for different purposes especially for warranty status. I would like to locate the receipt I need without having to open each one. It would be nice if I could edit the title so I could tell which email I need to open.

339th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The Yahoo application for mobile phones works very very badly

Please correct the many malfunctions of your application for mobile phones, which makes it practically impossible to use!
    The new idea of putting together many messages by threads was a terrible mistake: now when I look for a single email that I sent to a single destinatary I don't find it anymore or I find it wrongly mixed with many other mails sent to other destinataries. This is terribly unpractical and confusing! Please restore the previous and more traditional version of the application for mobiles, because this one doesn't work at all.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why is Yahoo making it so difficult for me to transfer JPG photo attachments from email to Windows desktop without changing format???

A while back - to clear space on my Iphone, I emailed a bunch of pictures in Yahoo from my Iphone to myself in an effort to get them to my Windows computer so I can get them to a USB drive. BIG F'N MISTAKE because I since deleted these photos off my phone - this is before I found out that Yahoo has a goal to make it as difficult as possible to transfer photos to desktop without changing the JPEG format and picture date and info. Why doesn't it allow you to simply click and drag photos onto…

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. checkbox Not Checked - please remove feature

"Checkbox, Not Checked" hovrebox is unnecessary and blocks the above checkbox when navigating the inbox from the bottom up. Please disable this hoverbox. I see it several times in the list of ideas, but all are closed and did not allow additional votes. Looks like a pretty popular request.

I have returned to old Yahoo! Mail to avoid this feature.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. translation

Like web Outlook, it would be great to have a language translation. I do gets mails from other countries and it would take time to get those mails translated such as bing or google. It would be wonderful when there is a simple translation service though it would not be accurate at all.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please unbold/change color after message has been read

Right now I have a hard time sorting new mail and old ones. All the mail are important so I have to keep them. I don't find any problem with the old Yahoo (message become grey after read), but this new Yahoo format just make me confused. Please give the old Yahoo back, or please just change the color/format after message has been read. Thank you.

339th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You should turn on the comment section immediately....

Lot of fake news is being circulated, especially from rabidly anti-India news portals like Quint, Caravan, Scroll, Al-Jazeera and Print. Such sources of news put your credibility to shame. Do enable comment section so that such fake news can be reported. Else will have to report to federal authorities.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Short cut keys are not working....

Short cut keys are not working.... example : Ctrl D + 1 for moving the file to some folder... Ctrl D is happing and pop up is displayed, but after that if you press 1, 2 or 3 etc. its not working...

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. copy

It would be nice to have a (Copy To:) command along with the move command. It would be nice to split the emails.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make 2 email aliases emails accessible on the same interface (screen)

Now I can see emails going to one of my addresses ONLY
    I would like to see emails to my 2nd email addr showing on my same one screen , and can look them up without having to sign off the first then sign in to the other , when needed.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Deletion of all mail in inbox - 12 mos

Hello,
    Pretty upset that all my emails have been deleted from my inbox without consent or warning!! Especially at a time when I could not get to this inbox within 12 months during COVID-19 - with data use shortage. I didn't receive a warning on my cell phone, # un-changed and recorded with this email address. Not cool at all.
    Could you please have a way of extending this time limit or at least warning email users that it will be emptied? During these unprecedented times it is terribly unfair when you also do not allow free forwarding of mail.…

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. THIS SIGN IN WAS TOO LONG AN ********* GOT BETTER THING TOO DO THAN FIT WTH SIGN IN

HHAVE CHANGE THWE PASSWORD EVERYTIME I GO TOO SING IN NOT GOING TO DO THIS AGAIN WILL NOT USE AGAIN IF HAPPENS AGAIN

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base