New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop-up of composing new emails

Could you please stop the popping up of a new "screen" when composing new emails in Ymail+. Per day this adds too much extra time in dealing with new emails.

In general, could you limit your new changes to adding flexibility for the user and not making our lives harder!

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I need all my bikini designs and beachwear stuff returned. immediately. can you please help. thanks.

I need all my bikini designs and beachwear stuff returned. immediately. can you please help me now. this is serious work over 20 years.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. compose

Compose: now I have to maximize the compose window to be normal?
    Every change to Composing email in the last 10 years has been worse: addresses can't be pasted, CC/BCC is a separate thing and now it is a pointlessly small window that I have to maximize. I pay for this: can you please put it back to how it was in 1999?

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. selecting all emails

This has been asked before and we cannot upvote. Would be great if we had the option to select all the emails in one date, or just one page of results at a time. The current checkbox selects so many at once, but it does not select "all" either, so it is useless until I have reviewed every single email

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow notifications for specific filters

Current notifications only on the Inbox aren't very helpful for users with lots of incoming mail and important ones filtered into folders- as others have also said
    I've seen folks request notifications for a priority sender (which is great) and for specific folders (also great). I assume the folder would be based on a filter, and that could work as a generalization for the priority sender also. Please consider a setting for Plus users to allow a notification to be set on a given filter being triggered, independent of what folder it ends up in. An alert with the filter…

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Oh No

I can no longer post. Please recover.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disposable address and "base name" issue

It is very disappointing that one cannot change the base name to create a disposable email address. I have contacted yahoo and the tech's have told me there is no way to edit the base name. I do not know who went in and created a base name and now I am stuck with it. Hi Yahoo, make adjustments/changes to the base name feature for you clients!!!

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. FIX UNREAD option displaying SENT MAIL

Why is UNREAD option displaying SENT mail? Sent mail, is not UNREAD, because I wrote it and read before I sent it. Who is the ******, programming yahoo website.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. how do you delete a mailbox?

your instructions "email alias" does not exist. How do I delete unwanted mailboxes?

57th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make the default spellchecker English(UK) not English(American)

Default spellchecker should be English(UK) not American

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need to be able to see at a glance if there are new emails in collapsed folders.

I have an extremely insane amount of filters and huge folder hierarchy; many folders and many sub-folders; and a couple subfolders with subfolders of their own.

I love to be able to see at a glance if I have new email in ALL my folders while they remain collapsed (for cleaner viewing). Meaning highlight the parent folder and display the number of new emails within that folder AND its sub-folders combined. That would be extremely helpful!

As it is now, the top level folder doesn't show any indication of any new email when it is collapsed. So if you were…

57th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Emails take too long to be received!

The email take too long to be received in your site, whereas in an APP in my phone it arrives instantly... what's going on? Why the delay?

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. One more time...stop putting non spam in the spam folder!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly how many times does Yahoo have to be told the same email address is NOT SPAM before they stop putting it in the Spam folder? They haven't changed their email address, they haven't changed their company name, nothing is different. So why don't you get it????

57th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. link preview

Please include the ability to remove link preview in the Android app. I can turn it off in the desktop version but not the app. It is freaking annoying!

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Daily Agenda Email (for all day event) comes on the day, but also on the day after

Daily Agenda Email (option from calendar settings, calendar summary receive in 1 mail every morining), for all day event, comes on the day, but also on the day after.

My time zone = France… could it be linked ?

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide an email (from indox folder) for 1 hour, 1 day or 1 month

Give the user the ability to hide an email from inbox folder for a period of time (1 hour, 1 day or 1 month).

Very usefull for Zero Inbox adapts ;-)

Please, please, please :-)

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need an option to remove the new heading that has the "Visit Site" button on it.

Please provide an option to hide or remove the new second heading on incoming emails. I want to remove the new heading that has the "Visit Site" button on it.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mail Plus and I still get ads?

I am visiting India, and that perhaps explains why I get ads even though I have Yahoo Mail Plus. In the USA I never did. So I just connected to Yahoo Mail using Nord VPN via a USA server, and the ads disappeared. I'm sure Yahoo can (and should) fix this problem.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Get rid of this New Mail Its rubbish and does not work! I spent 4 hours trying to recover two emails. All I get is a message saying try late

Get rid of this new rubbish It does not work I have spent all day trying to log into my account. Every time I try to log in I have to choose some pointless pictures on the pretext its a security device.
    The old system worked The new system doesn't
    Is someon's ego at stake by admitting they have got it wrong.
    Listen to your customers, they pay your salary!

57th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Che non sono "un robot" l'ho già dimstrato, ora dimostrate voi, di essere intelligenti: togliendo quell'inutile test per ogni accesso!!!

Che non sono "un robot" l'ho già dimstrato, ora dimostrate voi, di essere intelligenti: togliendo quell'inutile test per ogni accesso!!

57th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base