New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1818th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. no fake business cards when entering contact name in the "To" line

Please get rid of the sort of business card that comes up each time I enter the email address of a contact when sending an email. It blocks the field where I am typing so I cannot see what I am doing.

1818th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep boxes checked on selected emails even if I accidentally open an email so I don't have to start over.

It happens very regularly where I'll have over 40 messages selected for deletion and I accidentally miss the select box and open an email instead. While that's mildly annoying, it's very frustrating to start all over and have to select all of the messages again. I've read other submissions where people would like the check box bigger, but I would love if the boxes remained checked/selected after you back out of the email you accidentally opened.

696th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the horrible New Mail compatible with the text-based Lynx browser and the Blynx (Blind friendly settings)

Make the horrible New Mail compatible with the text-based Lynx browser and the Blynx (Blind friendly settings)

2592nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Replying to email with alt+r

Why can I no longer hit "alt+R" and have the reply to an email pop up?! This is a generic feature on virtually all other mail platforms and I really am considering dropping Yahoo! Mail because of it.

2592nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Viewing Format

I want to be able to hide the "Starred" and "Unread" folder as I never use those folders. I want to also be able to hide the Views folder permanently (it opens up the sub-folders when I come back to the Inbox occasionally). I also want to be able to view my list of emails in a list format that is not separated by "Today", "Earlier this week", "Last Week", "Earlier in January", etc.

1818th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2592nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. attaching files from the document to any mail

Hi Team,

Please give the options to attach the files from the document folder when we are replying to any conversation. What is the idea of having documents on web if the mailbox does not allow them to be attached to the on going conversation.

2592nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Your 'Yahoo mail pro' service needs some sweetening for the price.

Your 'Yahoo mail pro' service needs some sweetening for the price. Offer a better security package and 'big files' transfer support.

1465th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You should be able to recover draft emails that delete on their own!!!

be able to recover draft emails that we deleted by mistake

762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ATTENTION GODLESS YAHOO MARKETING DEVILS I HATE BEING FORCE-FED SUGGESIONS. HATE NEW YAHOO MAIL. LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVE PROVIDER.

TO: G-DLESS YAHOO MARKETING EXECUTIVES (and Associated Stooges). I hate being FORCE-FED content in my EMPTY MAILBOX FOLDERS. AM LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE TO YOUR MAIL PRODUCT.

1246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sub-folders can't be named because another folder has the same name OUTSIDE of it??? You are either ****** or just lazy.

This wasn't an issue IN THE OLD EMAIL. You know, the one that worked. So I can no longer organize my folders for a magazine I do where I have subfolders for each year under "Magazine"; 2017, 2018, etc. In each year's subfolder I have additional subfolders such as "Ads, Photos, Articles", etc. BUT NOW! for 2019, I can't name a folder "ads" because it exists outside of my new subfolder. As I said, ****** or LAZY!!

1246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Very confusing - misleading sent/received email

When forwarding an email to one person, if you go back to the main inbox/sent interface it lists the previous emails involved. Therefore it appears as if you forwarded the email to all other other email addresses, not just the ONE you intended to. and the only way you can see who you forwarded it to is if you click the email and scroll down to look at the "FROM/TO" portion.
    Please fix this, it is very misleading. I just go off the phone with customer support about this, and she agreed that it does look misleading and has caused…

1465th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Filters error

I went to check my filters and found that when I clicked on some it came up with an error that it was trying to go back to the Inbox and it wouldn't open my filter. I couldn't click on the filter to delete it. It looked like some of my filters got corrupted?? I couldn't delete so I had to switch back to classic mail, then successfully deleted the filters, then switch back to the new mode and re-created the filters again.
    Are there problems with filters?

1072nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow us to distinguish off-topic emails from a Conversation

"Group by Conversation" is excellent for reading, but doesn't allow for separating off-topic replies. Please provide a "Remove from Conversation" option in each email's "More" menu.

A less-desirable workaround: move the "Group by Conversation" switch to the quick Settings drop-down, where the "Message Tabs" toggle is now (does anyone need to toggle that on and off all the time?).

641st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mobile Multi-contact Deleting

Need the ability to delete more than one contact at a time in the app AND PC version of Yahoo Mail. The mobile one-at-a-time restriction is ridiculous.

1246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dark background for empty folders..?

Empty spam folder is white, although I have "dark mode" enabled. This "dark mode" is THE reason for me to use this updated Yahoo mail, it is so much easier for eyes. But when I empty spam folder, background goes all white, which was quite a shock first time! Could you please adjust this to the selected colouring scheme?
    Also, the spam folder does not show "immediately" whether there is spam, like the older version did with the number of new messages in that folder.
    But, basically I like the new Yahoo mail! Usually I don't like major updates in…

1818th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. STOP TRANSLATE

STOP TRANSLATE PLEASE!

1818th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide Storage with Yahoo Mail Pro

With all the free email out there today I think Yahoo should provide a little more with the paid subscription. I was thinking like 1Tb of Cloud Storage with your Pro Account. This would be more of an incentive and would offer a nice benefit to your subscribers. I was looking for a backup tool for my pictures and files and I was thinking why pay for multiple services. So I hope you would consider this since $35 is getting to be a lot to pay just for email without ads.

Thanks,

1818th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add the translator to ymail and also use the translator as another website. try to become service provider by merging all sites of y

Please add the translator to ymail and also use the translator as another website. try to become a service provider by merging all sites of yahoo. Merging site will help you in promoting yahoo

1818th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base