New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WE BOUGHT 5 EMAIL ADDRESSES....and we need to pay for the yahoo mail app? Your PAID Yahoo Small Business SHOULD come with an app.

Your Yahoo Mail App is VERY annoying. We paid for 5 yahoo business inboxes and when we use the app ALL YOU ADS come up disguised as emails and we ended up clicking thinking they are coming from our clients. YOU should create a new app or open the yahoo mail app for paid accounts. We shouldn't need to pay additional to have an app. ALSO your signature feature on the app is awful. It changes the format and look very unprofessional. We have to send it from our laptops instead because of the signature looking as a text and…

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would love to have the function provided that would sinc my Iphone 7 contacts list with my yahoo acct. contacts list.

This would allow one to make additions, deletions, and/or edits to either their yahoo contacts or their their Iphone contacts, and have those changes implemented on the other contacts list.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folder-specific Notifications

Environment: Yahoo! Email app - Android
    Issue: No way to receive notifications for emails in subfolders
    Idea: Add an option for each subfolder to enable or disable notifications

I believe I saw similar feedback on here in the past, but it was closed with no response.

My biggest complaint right now is that I get a lot of a certain type of email that I would like to sort into a folder rather than being mixed with the general Inbox, but if I have a rule to send it to a folder, I don't get alerted when they arrive.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. reply to button doesn't work properly. Also, dragging and dropping email no longer works as expected

reply to button doesn't work properly. Also, dragging and dropping email no longer works as expected

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ReCaptcha is malfunctioning

Please replace the reCaptcha with hCaptcha. ReCaptcha is malfunctioning. It took me solving 5 reCaptchas today, three yesterday. I know what a fire hydrant looks like, but I doubt the AI does. On one hand it assures me that movie-style rise of the machines and AI taking over humankind is not about to happen anytime soon, but it's sooooooo annoying!

Please try hCaptca instead. Thank you.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. cc

yahoo im unable to remove members from TO and CC. if im trying to switch from TO to CC it is forming duplicates. Hope you fix this soon its annoying

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. enhanced contacts

Do NOT enable Enhanced contacts without absolute permission from the user. (I would NEVER allow such a pointless collection of phone numbers in my email list, and am outraged to find this was enabled.)

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. search not working

Search Emails is not working. Is there a problem with this today? Never had this happen but have 100's of emails from customers and need to search them as looking though manually is impossible.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. star folder is empty.

It says my star folder is empty, even though in my inbox i clearly see stared emails, what is happening? Also i found a similar mention from 2020 may, but this yahoo thing won't let me upvote.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When I want to forward an email I can't alter the subject. I can not add a new email address to a contact list. See how easy aol is.

When I want to forward an email I can't alter the subject.
    I can not add a new email address to a contact list.
    See how easy aol is.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why are only three emails showing? Used to be 25 - with a choice of how many.

Used to be the customer could decide how many emails showed in the In Box. Now there are only 3. Who decided to take that useful benefit away?

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. new cursor

Accessing email now shows a new thin cursor, which automatically changes from the Windows standard arrow. This new cursor points to a different position and makes editing difficult. I see no setting to restore the Windows standard.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Email yahoo forgets my device. Too much cadmium in the internet?

Suddenly yesterday (Jul 23 2021) my yahoo email demanded I enter capcha because i used it to log into my laptop the first time. I checked and message is that device unrecognised. Hello! i have been using this laptop with my email for last 12 months. Suddenly, email yahoo suffered from amnesia. ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Contact List Phone Number

When viewing my list a contact will be list 2 or more times. Once with the email, once with the phone number and again with another phone number. Sometimes the contact list with just the phone number, but not the email address. I gave up and deleted ALL info in YAHOO list except for full name typed in the "Last Name" field and the email. NO phone number, no address, no other info of any kind. ANY other info completely confuses YAHOO. What a piece of junk.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New Contact List Poor

New contact list is terrible. Sorting stinks; NO ONE sorts first name then last name. Stupid. Finally gave up and rekeyed all name info on the last name with commas where they belong. Now I leave the first name and middle initial blank. Yahoo doesn't know how to sort a name list.. Why, why do I have to hit X to see names? And what's with the name listing twice, once with email and once with phone number. It's only set up once. Poor, poor, poor design.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Flexibility for regular meetings

Allow regular meetings on a 2 weekly and a 4 weekly basis.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Black theme, icons not visibile

Hi,
    The icons next to "SEND" button are not visible under the black theme. Please make default all the tools and utility text as white. The Light gray text is hard to read especially when you use any outdoor devices.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Backup

It's been said before but needs repeating...the ability to easily back up everything in an account, including folder structure and attachments and ability to download it all to a local storage. This feature is well worth paying for.

100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 100th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base