New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unread mails in folders should appear in the stats in the inbox

Because I'm not alerted as before the change, that I have unread mails in the special folders.

1757th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make sure "View Raw Message" works in SPAM folder.

Make sure "View Raw Message" works in SPAM folder

729th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to know how to retrieve an email sent to wrong party?

I would like the power to retrieve an email sent to the wrong person.

1433rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Words on Email should be as Dark as Home Page

The words on Mail are lighter than used on the Home Page. Changing the colors has no effect.

1433rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. where is my contact

If you are encouraging people to use the new mail, then you should put the contacts in the new view. When we access contacts, it puts us back to the old mail. Why both using the new one then? This is very annoying!

539th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 344th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. bigger memory for saved emails

I need more memory for my emails to keep more saved

1433rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The area for the sender name is too wide and can't be adjusted. If it was adjustable width that would be helpful. if

Please consider making the width of the sender filed narrower. It is too wide and reduces the subject line info more than needed.

964th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Print

I tried to print a portrait document, but only part 2/3 printed. I switched to landscape and still couldn't get all of the right side.

330th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1757th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. extortion is there

This is tantamount to extortion!!!!! I'm leaving... there are other mail services far better than yahoo.

1757th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. What everyone else says, and more

1.The column listing the emails is too wide and I cannot make it narrower, so I've had to make the whole screen smaller and I squint to read it. Please add the ability to change column widths.
    2.Please return the ability to print the email itself from a drop-down menu.
    3.Often as I'm reading through my emails--and I've clicked "Show Images"--the entire image of the email in the far-right column suddenly goes blank with the gray image of an envelope and I have to click on the email in the column to the left and start all over again reading…

891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. left column hard to read

Folder names are too light, difficult to read easily.

467th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shift key functions do not play nicely with other operations on "selected" strings or characters.

I still like being able to highlight part or all of the email, and change the capitalization by pressing the Shift key one or more times, BUT I STILL WANT TO BE ABLE TO SELECT A GROUP OF CHARACTERS FOR OTHER PURPOSES, WITHOUT having the "capitalization" function hijack the operation. For example, I might want to "highlight" a word or phrase with a color, or with underscore, or with italics. Or I might just want to replace a string of characters with something else. DON'T let Yahoo ASSUME that "selecting" a word or phrase has anything to do with capitalization!…

1757th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. upload photo

It would be great to be able to upload a photo for my back ground on my e mail account

1217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. everythings fine but two things to be updated try insert refresh button on the inbox ,, options missing after after right click on message

everythings fine but two things to be updated try insert refresh button on the inbox ,, options missing after after right click on message

1217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. documents attachments, need to see progress and to know when its finished

you dont see the progress of your attachment uploading or whether its finished or not

598th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unread tab

The Unread tab needs to just be completely removed!! Every time I check an email 1 or 3 of my messages disappear and I have to click different tabs go back to inbox then click unread and then click back on Inbox to find missing emails. Just get rid of it there is no point in that tab at all.

1433rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Where are attachments on outgoing email? I need to SEE them to know they attached. A progress bar is nice too. Sticking to gmail for now.

Where are attachments on outgoing email? I need to SEE them to know they attached. A progress bar is nice too. Sticking to gmail for now.

729th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reply feedback only works sometimes

You only get the reply/fwd arrow markers on some of the email. This is worse than not getting them at all since you have to check Send to see if you replied or not.

444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base