New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back shift+3 (#) to delete

Sure there is a "delete" key, but many of us keyboard users can use the right hand to navigate and the left hand to # delete. The delete key is buried way over on the right side of the keyboard.

2617th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. type face too light

The typeface used in the new Yahoo mail is too light and hard to read. Why change it? It was fine before.

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Views Folder

Hello,

one improvement that would be useful is the ability to delete all documents from the 'Views' folder. While it is a useful feature, I am a little apprehensive about the security aspect of not being able to permanently delete documents from this folder. If you can implement that security option, it would be an improvement. Thank you.

407th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Preview of attachments isn't working

As mentioned below by others, the preview of attachments isn't working. I'm posting this myself as I see that the advice given by the mail support person is completely unhelpful:

"If you click on the box for the attachment it will open in preview mode. If you click below the box it will download the attachment.

Thank you!
    Mail Support".

I think anyone letting you know that the thing isn't working has already tried to open it. Ditto the advice of another support person:

"If you still find that the issue is happening, please see this help page for troubleshooting: …

337th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. homepage: give me the choice ONCE in settings and not what is a de facto default change if i inadvertently click on it.

homepage: give me the choice ONCE in settings and not what is a de facto default change if i inadvertently click on it.

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Kindly introduce snooz option in Yahoo mail so that we can retrieve the mail when date and time selected

Kindly introduce snooz option in Yahoo mail so that we can retrieve the mail when date and time was selected

1479th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop your stupid ******* sidebar ********.

Stop your stupid * sidebar **.

1075th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Yahoo mails

Why is the ALWAYS a problem with Yahoo mails and hardly any with gmails? Goodness me

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. fake draft with adds

Yahoo shows (1) draft in my Drafts folder. I click on it, and the page says at the top there are zero messages in the folder, but THERE IS A VIDEO ADD. (A YAHOO ADD, NOT A MESSAGE, SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF MY DRAFT FOLDER VIEWING PANE) This is baiting me to look into a folder so you can put up a full size add in the middle of my screen, right in front of my face without me clicking on anything. There's enough add space available without diving right into auto-launch videos triggered by YAHOO's false reporting of…

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. entries are squeezed together and hard to read now!

This has been happening for about a week or more now - the emails that are underneath the wonderful 'ads" now are squeezed underneath it so its not only hard to read the header on the email but hard to get to it to open it! This happens at all the ads you have added into the email box! Also you can barely see the last entry in the email listing as well. Same thing happens but you cant scroll down far enough to see the last one. I hope you can fix this - its very annoying

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Viewing emails

I clicked "go back to original folder" in the "After moving a message" section of the settings, but after deleting/moving an email, but it always opens the next email. How do I stop this?

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Raw email address lists. It is very difficult to see the actual emails or email list of people that you are writing an email to.

Please make it possible to see the actual email list that one is sending an email to before you send it. I see the name tags but can not review the actual addresses easily to make sure that they are correct. Toggle button to go from nametag view to actual addresses.
    Thankyou

972nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Theme in Notepad - Not Available As a Mail Theme

I love the blueish-greenish background color that seems to be automatic in the 'Yahoo Notepad' and would like to use it as well in Yahoo Mail but I can't find it or anything like it as a 'theme' in mail. Am I missing something?

A Yahoo representative responded:

I just gone through the issue and the note pad theme which is coming is in Classic mail version but the account is in New mail version.

Since you have a Yahoo account through one of our network partners, you cannot access the Classic Mail any more. I can see how that'd…

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. photo attachments won't load

I cannot even send ONE photo now. It loads and then has an exclamation point and I have to choose whether to send as an image or delete. Well of course I want to send it as an image, but I would prefer to send it as an attachment like in the past. When I tried to load it as an image into the email it fails every time and no, the image is not too big. Your changes are so stupid. Why do you keep doing this? Leave something that already works alone!

198th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. printing problem

hello! i want my old yahoo back!! when i try to print the "sent" message with an atachment, the atach doesen.t appear! so give me an idea or give my email back!

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 420th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it easier like before to block unwanted emails mlike previous version. Why do I have to type in each of maybe 15 junk emails.

Bring back just clicking on unwanted emails and blocking all selections at once. Having to enter all email addresses when emails don't even show address is beyond ridiculous!

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Blank Subject Line

Yes, I do want to send the email with no subject line. No, I don't want that question asked. Sometimes I send an email to myself for work. Don't need a subject. Sometimes my wife wants me to send a brief email, maybe an attachment....no, I don't need a subject. Can we at least get the option to turn that annoyance off? Thanks.

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base