New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to edit recipients during email reply

We are unable to edit recipients when reply to an email. We are unable to add or delete recipients as well.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print to PFD does not work

I have problem with printing from my yahoo email - using classic look. When I print it to pdf, it generates just a single text line. Not always, 50% of the time.

35th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. spam

With the location of the SPAM button I have found myself on several occastions trying to mark my mail as read and hitting the spam button by mistake. Maybe you can swap the location of these options or move the spam button farther away fromt he 3 dots

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New Idea suggestions - Are any of the posted ideas actually implemented?

You have a ton of New Idea Suggestions posted. But why are they still posted? Are they implemented? Are the ideas rejected? There is no information about these ideas other than they have already been suggested. So do we suggest the same ideas again? Are the supposedly solved? There is no information about the status of posted messages. Simply tagging them as 'accepted', 'implemented', 'scheduled', 'deferred', 'rejected', 'repeated suggestion', any of these statuses would tell users what they need to know, and would probably prevent a lot of duplicate requests.

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Searching bar not working!

An error occurred while trying to retrieve items from this list!

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. separate window

unable to open a mail such as a composing mail or inbox mail into a separate window it is available in gmail.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Contact List Not making it to the 'TO' field

It was working as of 2 weeks ago. Now it's not. I have 36 names in one of my list. I click to compose, type the name of the list, and get only 22 names inserted to the 'TO' field. I try instead to click on 'TO' select my list, select 'ALL' and I still get only 22 of the 36 names in my list. This thing was working a couple weeks ago. I am really fed up with YAHOO list. Extremely poor job of allowing user to maintain contacts and list.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mail inbox

Why when I open yahoo mail is taking me to one of my Folders and not the Mail inbox. Is annoying!

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Impossible to find help. Need to pay to reach customer support. What a joke.

Impossible to find help. Need to pay to reach customer support. What a joke.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Spam button

Keep accidentally hitting the Spam button.

1) Can you please add a setting that gives us the option to "Confirm" a message as "Spam"?

Or

2) Could you add a setting that moves the Spam button under the 3 dots?

Or

SOMETHING! I have seen that I am not alone in this (I just cannot vote on the other posts anymore).

35th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. in classic mail we can open different messages in different tabs but we could not in new mail, why?

add the possiblity to open different messages in different tabs at the same time

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. abuse

Bring back abuse@yahoo.com. Non-Yahoo users (like myself) who want to help you shut down accounts used for spam shouldn't have to jump through the hoops of reporting through a form on your site. I used to be able to forward the original message + message headers to abuse@yahoo.com - something I can still do with almost every other major email provider out there, and something that I'm sure they're grateful for.

You've just made it so that I won't report, and you won't know to investigate and shut down abusive accounts, making Yahoo less relevant in the long run.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Currently, you are much, much worse than Gmail!

Dear programmers and other stakeholders of Yahoo!mail, you must be better than Gmail. Gmail is free, you are not. Gmail keeps my important messages from deleting. You delete them without my permission. Too much spam even without subscribing. Awkward, chaotic navigation. Too small buttons, so I must play with Zoom. And I must to pay for it?! No I will not, but escape to always free Gmail, thank you. And where the **** I can delete my Yahoo! account?! Really, really annoying! And to post this feedback, I must to sign in, but I AM already signed in! What is…

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Contact list not working - can't create or delete

Contact list not working - can't create or delete
    It says I have created and saved the contact, yet they do not come up in a search. I end up entering them multiple times, and then it does not give me the option to delete the multiple entries, if they do go through

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Themes and background

Ugh, how about some newness each year? I could stand a change right about now. Thanks for considering.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Trying to cancel account - pro subscription blocks you for 90 days after subscription, even if you are not asking for refund

Enable a person to cancel account, regardless if they have an active subscription - as long as they acknowledge this.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spam message rejecting the Email when using BCC

What is the number of contacts that can be added to "BCC" before the message is called "Spam" and rejected?

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. recover emails that you lose

You lost all my sent emails and blame my iphone. You cannot recover my sent emails. The most important emails in my account. And you cannot recover them. Your iphone app is impossible to setup. Your phone support is terrible and useless. You blame the loss of my emails on my iphone "third party" app, yet the yahoo mail app has to use an internet browser-- a third part app-- to access my email account. My yahoo account-- managing, options, settings, filters-- is messy, disorganized and confusing.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. how to remove pictures from the "attach photo from recent email" Its to cluttered with old photos I don't care about.

When writing a new email: Need a way / how to remove pictures from the "attach photo from recent email" Its to cluttered with old photos I don't care about.
    I tried to click , hover, right click, I can't find a option to remove the ones I no longer want on that list.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base