New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Classic Mail is better -- please let us keep it

I have continued using Classic Mail for as long as I can because the overall look works so much better for me:

1. I can see more of my folders and emails on the screen. The list of folders on the left is more compact.
    2. "Smart Views" stays hidden -- I don't have to change it each time like I do with "Views" in the new Mail. (Disabling this altogether would be even better.)
    3. The tabs at the top take up less space.
    4. The themes are more pleasing, IMO.

Please consider keeping Classic Mail available for those…

291st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As in January, I am not able to edit my contact list and assign contacts to groups. Could you enable it and don't disable again? Thanks

As in January, I am not able to edit my contact list and assign contacts to groups. Could you enable it and don't disable again? Thanks

468th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  16 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. all the backgrounds are too dark and the white background is too bright

provide some pastel coloured backgrounds which are more restful on the eyes, particularly for more elderly users!

236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AD's

The **** ad's slow the email process, during the composition of an email as the ad changes it freezes the program. There is no need to have ad's in the email section, seriously how many people do you honestly think watch the **** at all? I'll give this **** a chance, but there should be an option to change back .

6th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  370 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Annoying .....

The unsubscribe doesn't work at yahoo mail.. Will not send the request to unsubscribe .. Be nice if just one you tested new ideas before you force us all to switch over to something we didn't want or need in the first place .. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old Yahoo Mail ..One again yahoo has managed to annoy its subscribers ..

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  33 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  304 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MAJOR SECURITY THREAT on mail.yahoo.com

You have a security exploit on the mail.yahoo.com website. It is in the ad-generator portion of the page, which you lease/sell to third party vendors. The ad vendors are able to place malware into the ad code, so during an ad refresh on the page, it redirects the whole page to a malware/"click here to close"/virus website. THIS IS A MAJOR SECURITY THREAT. it tracks across 4 browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and 3 operating systems. The flaw is in mail.yahoo.com...not the end-user. You can fix this in server side/client side coding if you have a good coder who puts…

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Switch back to the previous version of Yahoo Mail PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!

Switch back to the previous version of Yahoo Mail PLEASEEEE!!!!!!!

268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. i dont like this mail

i can not ues this mail

342nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Views folders need to be removed! A waste of space, can not see MY FOLDERS!

REMOVE THE WASTED SPACE VIEWS FOLDERS, THEY ONLY TAKE UP SPACE AND BLOCK MY FOLDERS!

342nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please restore the button for Classic mail. I don't want this version. Thanks! The button is missing.

Restore the Classic mail button. It is missing. People want the Classic format. This is a major thing...not a minor issue. Thanks!

313th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Are you scanning our emails to sell our personal information to advertisers?!?!

Yahoo, Bucking Industry, Scans Emails for Data to Sell Advertisers
    Web giant analyzes more than 200 million inboxes for clues about what products people might buy—a practice much of Silicon Valley has declared off-limits

190th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Slow Performace

Too annoying and not even responsive when needed... Want to get ride off but couldn't. Either fix or remove your mail service. Everybody is fade up. There is no comparison in between gmail and yahoo. Gmail is much much better. At least make ymail quite lighter and fast responsive .

83rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. saving email address to contacts

Why can't I save new contacts from the email? I used to have an option to add the email to the contacts. A pop up would come up and I'd fill in the missing information. Why can't you fix that and bring it back?

230th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. STOP ALL THE ADVERTISEMENTS POP UP

STOP THE ADVERTISEING YOU CANT READ YOUR MAIL FOR THE ADVERTISEMENTS YOU PEOPLE AT YAHOO HAVE POPING UP ON THE RIGHT SIDE

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  39 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Many things are wrong with the new mail format/restore Classic mail. Thanks!

Hard to use. Delete is off center and purple may not be for men/women. I can't write an e mail without it malfunctioning..putting things in strange locations...takes up too much space. Buttons are in strange locations. Side list is too faint. Classic mail was perfect. The new mail is far from perfect. We are not bored with Classic mail. Restore Classic mail to all. Thanks!

353rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. font size

I want the font size of the inbox to be larger. I do not want to zoom in especially for yahoo mail and then have to zoom out again for every other webpage that I use. It is bizarre that the font on this yahoo page is larger than the font in the new inbox.

442nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't want upgrade!!!!

I don't want this upgrade. It's terrible and has too many extras that I don't want. All I want is the simple email that I had.

352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filters

You used to be able to "filter" emails straight from the body of the email. Now there's not an option for that. Instead you have to open the settings, create a filter, going back and forth to the actual message to create the filter. Bring back the option of "filter emails like this" in the body of the email.

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  76 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base