New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't like the new version of mail. It doesn't have the user-friendly options that classic has.

My mother and I use Yahoo. My mother is 90 years old and deaf so she relies on her email for communication. She is getting more confused and the little box at the bottom right that says "one click away from your upgraded inbox" is annoyingly in the way. She is constantly clicking on it by accident and I have to change it back to the classic version on a daily basis. Is there a way to get rid of that box? She will never use the new version of email because the change is just too much for her…

160th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transitioning back to Classic does not work the ability to do so needs to be reinstated

Allow users to transition back to classic. The new "look" is a disaster. Having to go all the way to the BOTTOM of an email string to reply? WTH thought that would be a good idea?

379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How can I hide the right hand side column permanently?

I use the new Yahoo Mail web interface with "Right" side view message and the advertisement right hand side column pops up at every new email message view.
    Is yahoo so kind to make it go away permanently or they want us all to move over to gmail?

297th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Inappropriate ads

STOP showing me ad's that have a COMPLETELY NAKED BUTT to sell freaking underwear!!! I do not want a NAKED WOMAN'S BUTT ON MY SCREEN!!!!!!!

544th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sent folder items cannot be moved

sent folder items cannot be moved at all at the moment. they cannot be moved to other folders.
    I suppose that this is a temporary glitch and hope it will be resolved asap
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. font size

I want the font size of the inbox to be larger. I do not want to zoom in especially for yahoo mail and then have to zoom out again for every other webpage that I use. It is bizarre that the font on this yahoo page is larger than the font in the new inbox.

322nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New Mail Format is tiring to work in. Especially forwarding with attachments

Before, in classic mail, when you forwarded an e-mail you were given the option to change the subject directly, now you have to click on an arrow and click "edit subject" which then takes you to drafts. The problem here is, when you click on your attachment to preview it, it takes you BACK to the e-mail to preview which closes your "subject" line. If you try to edit the subject again it switches back to drafts and closes your attachment preview... did nobody test out forwarding..?

491st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix Adding Contacts to Lists in Yahoo New Mail

Expand Manage Contacts in Yahoo New Mail, to add the ability to add an existing contact to a previously established "List". This feature is available in Yahoo Classic but not in Yahoo New Mail.

379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Problem in downloading attachments

There is a constant problem in downloading attachments, please rectify this inconvenience to the users..thank you

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  35 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. leave my computer setting the h... olone you have now totally screwed my account up i have been at this all **** day

if it aint broke leave it alone and fire the person that thinks i / or millions of us want change if it aint broke leave it alone and get my basic mail back asap what have u dont to my mail and page what a nitemare fire the person that did this now POINT MADE !!!!!!

246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't view contacts details, only unasked-for past emails

Yet another unwelcome yahoo feature rammed down our throats on an old Windows platform. Now contacts show beside the new inbox. Good idea.

But how can I view all my contact info, addresses, ALT phone numbers etc.? Clicking on a contact only gives a string of previous emails, not all contact details. Instead of blocking access to valuable infot, please bring back ability to view and edit all details of a given contact, not the incomplete function now interfering.

562nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. the ads all over the place ****.

All the ads ****. This is the worst email ever. Will start to use Gmail exclusively if this is what Yahoo has become. Dying like every other old school irrelevant company that can't adapt and make things easier.

358th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring Back Ability to Access and Edit Group Contact Lists

The group lists I created in my email contacts are no longer accessible. Yahoo Help chat told me the feature was removed. Please bring it back! I need to edit those lists and possibly create new ones.

256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. KEEP THE FORMER METHOD OF ADDING NEW CONTACTS

Keep The Former Method For Adding New Contacts
    It was easy to add new contacts when all I had to do was scroll over the new email address and click on Add Contact. A window opened with the name and email address already there. Yahoo Mail is starting to look more like Gmail. That is not an improvement. I receive emails from new people almost daily. Please keep the good features you had and make it better from there. When you discontinue a useful feature you are creating more work and inconvenience for the people who are using the tools…

302nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option for adding new contacts

Yahoo should provide an option that enables you to tap on the email address of someone sending email, and adding this person to your contact list straight away. At the moment, I have to copy and paste (or write down) the email of the person sending an email, and then going into Contacts and manually add the person.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  42 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Time zone Warning

Delete this setting. It appears more than just me are annoyed with this. It is still amazing that this is an issue when the mobile phones figured this out well over a decade ago. Strange how a progressive company as Yahoo cant seem to figure this one out.

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  37 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The artwork for your newest emoticons looks as if they were drawn by a no talent 6 year old. Bring back last years emoticons.

Give us back the previous version of your emoticons. The new ones are less animated and the artwork is VERY poor quality and definitely not as creative as the previous ones available for use.

568th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 23rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  113 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filters

I just switched to the new email format. Not only is it very 'busy' now....I like the streamlined look, but I filter a lot of emails into folders to keep the Inbox clean. The problem is, with the old format, I could go to the drop down above the email and click to 'filter messages like these'. With the new format, this is gone andf I have to go to settings, copy and save thew email address, then go to filters and paste it so I can filter the emails into a folder. Who thought it was a good idea…

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  52 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Views folders need to be removed! A waste of space, can not see MY FOLDERS!

REMOVE THE WASTED SPACE VIEWS FOLDERS, THEY ONLY TAKE UP SPACE AND BLOCK MY FOLDERS!

309th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base