New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't care for the new format. It is very faded and hard to see. Too white and light gray.

The old format was easier to see. This new one is too faded. Gray on white just doesn't work.

51st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  35 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import contacts from Facebook

Bring back the option to import contacts from Facebook. It's a very important feature to get the contact details of Facebook Friends., It was Yahoo's unique capability that no one has.

176th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put back the add contacts from the email.

It takes TOO MUCH TIME TO ADD ADDRESSES NOW.
    I have emails going to my trash folder and spam folder that should not be there.

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  253 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. the ads all over the place ****.

All the ads ****. This is the worst email ever. Will start to use Gmail exclusively if this is what Yahoo has become. Dying like every other old school irrelevant company that can't adapt and make things easier.

479th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Annoying ad. blocker pop-up.

Just get rid of the annoying pop-up wanting me to pay you for blocking ads! It interferes with almost every email I attempt.
    If this persists, I shall be leaving TalkTalk. It is ruining an otherwise great service.
    Has it not occured to you that most of us who don't want ads. already have a service to stop them which, by the way, are cheaper than the service you offer!

73rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  52 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop with the popups asking if I want certain emails deleted or blocked

Stop with the popups asking if I want certain emails deleted or whatever

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. leave my computer setting the h... olone you have now totally screwed my account up i have been at this all **** day

if it aint broke leave it alone and fire the person that thinks i / or millions of us want change if it aint broke leave it alone and get my basic mail back asap what have u dont to my mail and page what a nitemare fire the person that did this now POINT MADE !!!!!!

347th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. mark as read

Before the latest update, we could check any number of unread mails and hit "k" as a hot key to mark them as "read". Now we have to go through the drop-down to do it. Bring back the hot key!

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Contact History

When entering a contact name, the historical email address takes precedence over a correctly edited and saved contact email address. Also, there seems to be no way to delete that historical email address that is no longer wanted and should not be used.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I don't like the new version of mail. It doesn't have the user-friendly options that classic has.

My mother and I use Yahoo. My mother is 90 years old and deaf so she relies on her email for communication. She is getting more confused and the little box at the bottom right that says "one click away from your upgraded inbox" is annoyingly in the way. She is constantly clicking on it by accident and I have to change it back to the classic version on a daily basis. Is there a way to get rid of that box? She will never use the new version of email because the change is just too much for her…

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The old format was easier to read

1. It's very slow. Moving the cursor back to correct an error is even slower.
    2. Reverse type (white on a color) is never a good idea, as each screen user gets a slightly different result.
    3. Sans-serif reverse type, using a thin font makes the whole page much harder to read.
    4. There seems to have been little user-testing. I know, I know, if it's free, the users become the beta test. This isn't working for me.

64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The folder panel is too narrow. Please add a control to adjust its width.

The names of my custom folders are truncated. It should be possible to display them fully.

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  199 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. stop ******* asking

stop asking me for feedback its ******* obnoxious

98th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. THEMES

These new themes are not attractive!!! There should be theme that are stimulating and inspirational. Themes like nature, geography, landscape, astronomy and other subjects.

76th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  77 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I don't mind ads but your ads are too intrusive.

I don't mind ads, after all yahoo provides us with a free service. But ads can be tailored not to be intrusive when one uses a service. In that case I will white-list yahoo mail.

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Phishing Malware coming through Yahoo ads

There is a phishing malware scheme coming through on yahoo advertising. It warns and threatens that your computer has been compromised, and then says through a recording that you need to call a number to restore the computer. DO NOT CALL THE NUMBER! Simply disconnect your internet connection and close your browser. Then restore the internet connection.
    This is annoying though, and most likely some people are unfortunately calling the phishing scheme. This has been going on for a couple of months now. Why has yahoo not fixed this? Yahoo is currently playing a part in distributing this phishing scheme…

99th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When I open an email and read down - it jumps back to the top all the time

Stop interfering when I am scrolling down and reading an email. The program keeps jumping me back to the top of the email.

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  233 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. too much wasted space on the screen.

too much wasted space on the screen.

16th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  139 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It would appear you have completely ignored the many people who want to Hide Views on a more permanent basis. Why cannot you allow for this? On my laptop, I have only so much real estate, and your expanded list of Views cuts down on my ability to look at my own, personal folders. Please, implement this, or let me have my old interface back permanently, where there was no such problem with Views.

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base