New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Breaking up emails in date category

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you treat us like children when you break up emails into "today" "yesterday" "earlier this month" "last month" and all that nonsense. We can see the dates listed on the right hand side of the inbox. Appears that all you have to do is sit around and think up nonsense like this.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. filter emails

Pls put on tool for filtering emails in the inbox itself by selecting them from inbox, and create filters, this is how emails get filters and can add to spam together. but in yahoo... need to choose one mail separate and then filter mail of each sender.
    For reference: check gmail functions for filtering emails together.

272nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. slow

Why does it take 12 hours to get an email? You must be using the most archaic system that it takes so long.
    It takes over 12 hours to receive a majority of my emails, making it a pointless system for what I use it for.
    I have no problem paying $500 for new business cards with my new GMAIL address on it.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How can i open new co.in mail

Hai .I want open new co.in mail id not .com for yahoo so please help me.Its very important to my life.i get one password at yahoo.co.in mail id so please help me how i rectify is

553rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. i SAY THE SAME THINGEVERY TIME, STOP FIXING WHAT IS NOT BORKEN AND GIVE ME BASIC OLD EMAIL BACK.

Stop listening to the kids who need to update. use the basic old email and quit fixing what isn't broken.....

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Possibility to change date format !! European version: Day/Month/Year

I want to update the format of the date for my Yahoo Mail account. I live in Europe and the current date format here is: Day/Month/Year. Please make this setting possible.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I hate the new email. I want my original classic mail back, not stupid basic mail. Your basic mail is what i get when I try to switch back

Read my title. I HATE THE NEW MAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. can't see the light colored font

Darker font. It's too light. I cannot read it!

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Getting a FAKE WARNING email (2x) You will lose your email unless update security, stewart2170@yahoo.co.uk & chloecampbell60@yahoo.co.uk

2 emails in 2 days with this FAKE Warning to update security - I did not open the body of the email, just deleted, but subject shows what I put as subject of this post.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. printing problem

hello! i want my old yahoo back!! when i try to print the "sent" message with an atachment, the atach doesen.t appear! so give me an idea or give my email back!

152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. To many false message and add related mail is coming every day please stop.

To many false message and add related mail is coming every day please stop.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. This is ****.... want to delete an empty folder that easy there is no reason anyone should have to scroll this

Give user basic options called common sense read what yours users are asking for

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Get a better "user friendly" email platform

Improve your email platform - its impossible to use!! its not user friendly at all...worst email platform Ive ever used.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Themes and Backgrounds are lacking

More backgrounds, seasonal, holidays or customize your own with a picture in your personal gallery. That would be nice to have. I just went to change my background to something Christmas but nothing. I couldn't find anything for Thanksgiving or fall. Almost December and no background to show it. ]

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Searching spam

Currently, you can search through all folders but spam. 1 in 10 of my Paypal emails go into spam and I need to scroll through tons of spam and cannot search to find them.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Accidentally opened an email while trying to multi select? Let it still be unchecked when you get back into the mailbox.

When selecting multiple emails to delete and accidentally opening an email, please let the emails still be selected. It sucks having to check everything once again. GMAIL handles this perfectly. Get with it Yahoo.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Quite deleting my ******* trash folder!!!!!!

Quite deleting my ******* trash folder!!!!!!

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Get rid of "You may have paid too much" notification-annoying!

"You may have paid too much" This notification is very annoying yet I have no way to remove it. Gets in the way of viewing mail. I am not at all interested in this.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. spam mail

spam mail which is unnecessary coming to my mailbox

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)