New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block addresses by domain name

Blocking individual addresses does little to stop the plethora of SPAM these days. If we can add a block by domain name feature, this would help cut down on repeat spammer domains.

62nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  58 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why the **** can't you people just leave the Mail alone?

Just leave OUR mail alone! This "new" design is UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY. When something works (and there was NOTHING wrong with the "Classic" look--and why would you call it "Classic" if YOU people thought it was good?), THERE'S NO NEED TO FIX IT OR CHANGE IT.

234th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. KEEP THE FORMER METHOD OF ADDING NEW CONTACTS

Keep The Former Method For Adding New Contacts
    It was easy to add new contacts when all I had to do was scroll over the new email address and click on Add Contact. A window opened with the name and email address already there. Yahoo Mail is starting to look more like Gmail. That is not an improvement. I receive emails from new people almost daily. Please keep the good features you had and make it better from there. When you discontinue a useful feature you are creating more work and inconvenience for the people who are using the tools…

234th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Former CONTACTS was much BETTER and User Friendly

TOO SLOW also NOT convenient, cannot ADD "ADDITIONAL or MORE INFORMATION" to the "CONTACTS", just NAME and EMAIL...NO Birthday/Address/Phone/Notes/Business Info/Other Emails/Website, etc...When you guys make changes and/or create "NEW Yahoo Mail UPGRADES"...You guys seem to SKIP or FORGET Important "DETAILS"...Like NOT thoroughly thought through or more like HALF-ASSED...Yahoo! Used to be WONDERFUL FOR MANY YEARS...then...lately...DOWN THE TUBES!!!...What happened??? I really prefer the OLDER VERSION,
    this one SUCKS and SLOW!!!...

503rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring Back Ability to Access and Edit Group Contact Lists

The group lists I created in my email contacts are no longer accessible. Yahoo Help chat told me the feature was removed. Please bring it back! I need to edit those lists and possibly create new ones.

195th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Inport csv

This new version of mail does not allow for import of a csv file. It only allows from social media or other email types. Please put back the ability to import csv files. I could do it 2 weeks ago. Today is 8/22/2019.

609th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Transitioning back to Classic does not work the ability to do so needs to be reinstated

Allow users to transition back to classic. The new "look" is a disaster. Having to go all the way to the BOTTOM of an email string to reply? WTH thought that would be a good idea?

327th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. NO NO NO!!!!!

We don't want "quick contacts" This is not an improvement.

Just give us what we want! PLEASE!!!
    I don't understand. Are you all < 18? > 80?

Do you not pay 1 second of attention to what your PAYING customers are saying? What the heck is going on at Yahoo??

489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dump unnecessary views

Get rid of Deals, Travel, Purchases, Groceries, etc and definitely get rid of all the **** pop ups

156th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Where are the contacts?

Every time I try to access my contacts, the mail system opens a new window and takes me back to the old version of Yahoo. This is very annoying.

Also, something weird has been happening with my mail lists. I haven't changed a thing, but suddenly one of my longer list is missing about 30 addresses. I just tried to send out an email to one of my lists with about 10 people on it. Only 5 people actually received the email, despite me very carefully checking to see that I had clicked on the appropriate email list. Again, very…

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  417 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Mail Format is tiring to work in. Especially forwarding with attachments

Before, in classic mail, when you forwarded an e-mail you were given the option to change the subject directly, now you have to click on an arrow and click "edit subject" which then takes you to drafts. The problem here is, when you click on your attachment to preview it, it takes you BACK to the e-mail to preview which closes your "subject" line. If you try to edit the subject again it switches back to drafts and closes your attachment preview... did nobody test out forwarding..?

436th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow sorting of contacts by last name, employer, location, etc

Allow sorting of contacts by last name, employer, location, etc. I can't BELIEVE that Yahoo was STUPID enough to remove contact sorting by last name. Also, a lot of my contacts disappeared with the new contact format.

583rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I don't like the new version of mail. It doesn't have the user-friendly options that classic has.

My mother and I use Yahoo. My mother is 90 years old and deaf so she relies on her email for communication. She is getting more confused and the little box at the bottom right that says "one click away from your upgraded inbox" is annoyingly in the way. She is constantly clicking on it by accident and I have to change it back to the classic version on a daily basis. Is there a way to get rid of that box? She will never use the new version of email because the change is just too much for her…

151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New version is a downgrade missing lots of features, list below:

1. In an incoming email, lost the menu you would get when clicking on the sender address. No fast way to add to the contacts, search email from, etc.

2. When sending emails. "Add photos from recent emails"

3. When sending emails. "Add several files from from recent emails"

4. When sending emails. "Share files from cloud providers"

5. Customize the interface to avoid the icon with the monogram near name or address of people in the From, To and Cc fields?

6. RTL support: In the previous version when typing Hebrew it would automatically sense it and change the writing direction to be from Right…

545th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. TURN OFF DUPLICATE EMAILS TO YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS.

"CAN NOT TURN OFF, "SEND DUPLICATE EMAIL TO MY OWN EMAIL ADDRESS". SO WHEN I FORWARD AN EMAIL TO ANOTHER DIFFERENT PERSONS' EMAIL. MY EMAIL FORWARD SENDS A DUPLICATE TO THE NEW PERSON EMAIL ADDRESS...TOO MANY DUPLICATES IN 1 EMAIL. WHERE IN THE SETTINGS IS THIS TURN OFF BUTTON FOR DUPLICATE EMAILS TO MY OWN ADDRESS.

1005th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I understand you are not willing to allow your customers the option of deleting Views but can you at least allow us to move it under our Folders so we don't have to "Hide" it everytime we sign into Yahoo mail?

286th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. COPYING CONTENT FROM EXCEL

Please allow the user to copy/paste from source to yahoo mail and keep the format at the source. When copying from Word that has tab delimited columns the columns are no longer aligned in Yahoo mail. When copying from Excel the user should have the option of keeping the grid boxes.

545th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The artwork for your newest emoticons looks as if they were drawn by a no talent 6 year old. Bring back last years emoticons.

Give us back the previous version of your emoticons. The new ones are less animated and the artwork is VERY poor quality and definitely not as creative as the previous ones available for use.

530th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The new contact list email setup is absolutely WORTHLESS!!!!! The old way was better. CHANGE IT BACK

Put it back the way it was. When I pull an address from the to field to put it in the BCC field it used to disappear from the to field and now it doesn't. FIX IT

536th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. print one list in contacts

I want to print one list of contacts. The only thing that will print is my entire contact file, not just one list. I've had to switch back to the Basic email to do this, but then when I try to use Basic to email a list of contacts, the list will not appear and I have to switch back to New email. I am very frustrated. Do I need to take my account elsewhere?

578th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base