New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. move commands

On my Android cellphone after I move a message (from inbox) to a folder, when I move a second message it opens SAME area of folders list where I moved 1st message. This is the behavior that I want.
    But on my PC (Windows 10) for the move command it Always open the folders list at the start of the list.
    Is there a way to set on a PC behavior as on Android cellphone?

1260th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. filter

You need to be able to "add selected email" to an existing filter. If you want people to use Yahoo. It gets too filled up with junk/spam/political stuff otherwise. Plus the "settings button" is very hard to find on normal view, and the filter tab works poorly (pull down menu disappears beyond bottom of page)

137th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Printing Features

Problem: Can`t get an attachement to print properly

When I download the *.xlsx and open it with my default program, it has errors in the document. Yet somehow the attachment preview displays just find. Okay, so then I`ll just print i from the preview right; no it wants to download it again instead. Okay, let's enlarge the preview to fill the whole page; I got it now - NO it only prints the section that is displayed on screen and not the whole attachement. If I scroll to a different part of the preview it only displays that; and when…

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. emails

why when I get response to email person sending email should be on top not on the bottom

981st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There is no bottom slide bar to move and read the text written whil composing on the extreme right. on has to use the arrow keys to reach th

While composing the mail in yahoo mail, there is no bottom slide bar to move and read the text written on the extreme right. One has to go through with the help of the arrow keys and cannot go directly to it.

981st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. E-mail attaching issue

While attaching a new file to an e-mail, it does not get completed and "draft not saved" message flashes mostly for 8MB+ files.

--
    panditmm@yahoo.com

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. COLOR OPTIONS FOR STARS

Desperately need more ways to flag / star an e-mail. Please add additional shapes or colors for better organization.

We currently use Yahoo Mail Pro for business and our shop shares a single e-mail account that our customers send to. Having additional flag options would make it so much easier to organize e-mails per employee.

(For example: Everything marked red would be jobs Josh is responsible for and green would be Andrew's current jobs / or blue are jobs waiting for a customer response and yellow are jobs that need proofs sent to etc.)

This would let us quickly see…

645th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow subject changes when forwarding conversations!

You have taken away my ability to change the subject when forwarding or replying to an email. I often have to forward one email to several individuals that would require a different subject for each, and can no longer do that. I also often reply to one email several times with different photos, different information, and can no longer edit the subject to reflect what updates I am including. It is extremely frustrating when you "improve" something by taking away basic, necessary functionality.

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A serious malware issue!

I have received ransomware simply by opening a Yahoo email. After clearing up the ransomware, I found that I could right click on the email and use RAW to check the header before opening the email...in Classic Version. Now, the only way to check the header is to open the email first and that is too late as ransomware will be activated. Please restore the RAW function to the new version without having to open the email first. If Yahoo is really concerned about malware, adding RAW back to unopened email should be a "no brainer."

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Incorporate an smtp protocol to allow people to receive emails from outside sources.

I would like to be able to have my broker send me push notifications to my email account when something happens in my trading account. I, along with a multitude of other people, according to my broker's blog, would like to have this be a possibility. We have the capability to set up our trading accounts so it will generate an email when something happens, such as a trade opening or closing. It would be nice to be able to have those come to my email, which is also on my phone, so I can be aware of what's happening…

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. TRIPLE VALIDATION???

sign - in triple validation !

I'm tired of constantly having to sign in, wvwn when I've asked to leave me signed in to me email/ I'm tired of being asked to pres the key, get the sign in code, then have the code fail to work, but asking me to instead go to a couple of other choices. I then choose "send me a text" and have to go to my cell phone _ I'm on my PC at home... and find the text, back to my email app on my 'puter, type in the new text and finally…

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. get rid of bcc and cc when they arent being used. very little SPACE is left for the message -- to READ it ---

get rid of bcc and cc when they arent being used. very little SPACE is left for the message - to READ it ) and WHY did you move Calenadr to the RIT ? I guess You figure We like new Surprises ' There's a saying ' if It aint Broke don't FIX (? ) it ??

158th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please Replace the "me"in my inbox with my actual name .

I mentioned it before. I've sent links of websites or of photos to myself from my phone, to keep in my e-mail, but ever since I upgraded, instead of seeing my name in the inbox folder ( I would send things to myself, or receive e-mails from people, but my full name was listed instead of the word "me" ) I now see the word me. I would really appreciate it if you would kindly remove the word "me" and please allow me to see my full official name . It looks much better that way and for me, more…

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. multiselect

When I am trying to multiselect all of the spam my spam filter doesn't seem to catch and I accidentally click on one of the emails to open it up, my selected emails get deselected!
    - Please make the check boxes bigger
    - Please do not deselect everything email that I have gone through and selected when I open an email to check it out. I should be able to click back and all the emails still be selected.
    - Please add a MASS select button. Like select all from: "Marriott" I don't know, but it would be helpful.
    -…

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Date column format to include time

I want the date and time of the email, not just the date in the layout. I don't want to open up the email to see what time it come in.

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. block adult content

There should be a setting to completely block all emails that include adult content. I want to block anyone (not just put it in another folder) that sends messages with words "nude" or "*****" or "adult dating" etc. I looked at the advice on how to set filters on another post, that does not solve my issue because all it says to do is send things to "spam" but then it's still accessible. I want to completely BLOCK those emails.

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I spent an hour trying to find my contacts list. It should be posted on the left menu bar for easy access.

Post the Contact link on the left menu bar for easy access. It's really hard to find it and if you click out, it's difficult remembering how you got there in the first place.

686th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When I am reading an e-mail, and I get to the bottom of the page, the blue dot at the top of the page has disappeared and I have to Page Up

When I am reading an e-mail and I get to the bottom of the page, the blue dot at the top of the page disappears and I have to Page Up to find it, to mark as "read". This was not what happened to the blue dot before your change. Very annoying to have to constantly Page Up. Extremely annoying and a waste of time!

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base