New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add sorting/ranking for notepad

There hasn't been an update to notepad for ages. Can you consider adding sorting, even the most basic sorting, to notepad, so you could sort notes by date, as oppossed to having them listed from oldest to newest by default. Or rank feature, so you could manually move some notes to top?

910th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. printing problem

hello! i want my old yahoo back!! when i try to print the "sent" message with an atachment, the atach doesen.t appear! so give me an idea or give my email back!

149th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restore ability to insert photos from sent or received emails using the attach icon

Used to us the feature of inserting a photo in my message from a sent or received photo... used this ALL the time! Now it is gone and there is no way to insert a photo, only attach it from my computer. I really really hate the new Yahoo and when I go back to "classic" it is NOT classic, it is a much disabled version which makes me angry at Yahoo even more now.

564th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make it simple to attache files !! - it is rubbish

make it simple to attache files to mail !! - it is rubbish

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why can't you let us change the font size of our INCOMING mail? I can change the font size of what I send. It is ridiculous.

The size of the font to VIEW my mail is entirely too small and you don't have a way for us to adjust it. To tell someone to use the plus key to enlarge the size of everything on the screen is ridiculous, I would have to do that EVERY time I logged into my mail. People have been complaining for MONTHS about this. That should tell you to make this fix a priority.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I am not able to create a new folder when I have a message open

I am not able to create a new filter from the message. I have to go to Settings first and then create the filter.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto add reciepents in yahoo app

The "STOP" auto add recipients I was referring to was in the yahoo mail app. Your response was to yahoo mail in a browser. It seems like the yahoo mail in the browser would or should sync the settings from the browser to the yahoo mail app. The yahoo mail app is what has added thousands of people I have emailed or replied to in an email. I want to stop this function in the app itself and there is not a way to do that.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Smaller top bar -

Smaller top bar - No need for the big one. Especially when using it privately in the office, it could be more discrete.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Degraded behavior in folder view when moving to new yahoo mail: message time, rightclick operations

Hi, I sent this feedback when I switched back from “new” to “classic” around Apr 2018, and apparently this wasn't changed.
    Now that the switch to "new" is mandatory I am posting again here.

1) In "classic" I can hover over the date column (e.g. in the inbox) and see the time and not just the date; in "new" it is always hidden by the trash icon upon hovering.
    2) In "classic" when I rightclick on an email (e.g. in the inbox) I get Yahoo Mail options such as reply, forward, etc; in "new" I just get the browser rightclick…

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. CONTACTS ARE NOT ACCESSIBLE THRU THE NEW MAIL. HOW STUPID IS THAT??

STILL CANNOT ACCESS MY CONTACTS THRU THE NEW MAIL. HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS. WHEN THE OLD MAIL FORMAT IS DISCONTINUED THIS WEEK ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM? IF I LOSE MY CONTACTS, YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM ME.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Still no way to clear the message preview window

Still no way to clear preview window. I don't like leaving a message open when I am not actively using my e-mail. I leave it open so I can see when e-mails come in and I want to clear the message after reading it.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Where is the divider between the message and reply?

For years and years when replying to a message, Yahoo auto-inserted a dividing line below the reply, to separate the reply text from the original message text. Now you've done away with that? Why? Every person I know who uses Yahoo Mail has said something about that and is bothered by it. Every time I reply I have to insert a few carriage returns, draw a dashed-line and then go back up a couple lines to start typing my reply (or draw the line after typing my reply). This is very inefficient and makes zero sense to me that you…

564th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give Option to TURN OFF Yahoo's "reading" of Emails

Please give the option to turn off Yahoo's "reading" of emails to see if there are coupons, receipts, pictures, and what not in them. I do not need these features!

564th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. photo attachments won't load

I cannot even send ONE photo now. It loads and then has an exclamation point and I have to choose whether to send as an image or delete. Well of course I want to send it as an image, but I would prefer to send it as an attachment like in the past. When I tried to load it as an image into the email it fails every time and no, the image is not too big. Your changes are so stupid. Why do you keep doing this? Leave something that already works alone!

170th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to filter my emails to the appropriate folders. That is why I use Yahoo mail!!!

Please set up mail filtering in this format. I have ADD and need to have things sorted for me to be able to find what I need.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. move

too many feedback messages to go through to see if any is the same as mine, so: in the 'classic' version, if you typed (a part of the) folder's name in 'find a folder', it would show the (sub) folders which contained the letters/word you typed, as it does now, but it would also show the name of the main folder, to enable you to choose the right folder if you named a sub folder identically

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop grouping "sent messages" together

Suddenly my "sent messages" are all blocked together. Not user friendly.

910th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix the connection with the purchase tab and earny!

it would be nice that all my purchases are in the purchase tab and that it syncs with Earny. I am missing so many purchases and Earny is not displaying some that are in the tab. Please fix this.

910th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base