New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. contacts

Contacts DO NOT POPULATE the "TO" line when you type the recipients name. The contact folder cannot be found in the new Yahoo Email design. When you click on the Contacts folder on the upper right it takes you completely back to the "Old" format. Clicking on the "TO" on the recipient line does NOT access the address book. What good is a new format for email that does NOT include my contacts. Basically the new format is incomplete and it SUCKS. I don't plan to use it anymore especially since several users have completely lost all of their contacts.…

54th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  32 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 148th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I don't like the trash being on the right side.

How do I get back to the OTHER mail? I don't like this version.

381st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 242nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 212th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix it!

I'm trying to reply to an email. However, it totally changed the original email. This is TERRIBLE!!!

385th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. spam shows images even when I check it to NOT do that, fix it!

fix the setting so that when you say DO NOT show images in spam, then they do not show

324th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New idea

I understand that we can add multiple email accounts (even non-Yahoo ones!) to be managed from one place, which is great. But what if we also added our cell phone numbers to write and read SMS messages quickly? A lot of times people text me, but I want to save it and access the whole coversation with them in a more permanent, email-kinda way.

343rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Formatting

Formatting is never retained when cutting and pasting into email format. Why? It is very difficult for me to run my business. I draft documents in word, then cut and paste into an email. Paragraph formatting, indenting, bullet points are NEVER retained in the correct format. PLEASE FIX THIS! It has been going on since the last update, and this update did not fix it.

441st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like to be able to remove some tabs and reorder others in the mail menu.

For instance, I never use "Starred" or "Archive". Also, I'd like any folders I make to be included in the main mail menu. I don't need a separate "Folders" sub-category.

338th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. cut out "Views"

cut out "Views"

314th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Advertisement at the top of the inbox items list

Advertisements give the means to Yahoo! necessary for providing the great experience for their customers (us); however, these ads, when misplaced or in the way of normal surfing, can be as harmful as losing user-base (who actually make the advertising possible in the first place).
    In light of these comments, I would like to suggest that you (Yahoo!):
    1. give the customers (and users) the ability to disable auto-playback of video and
    2. apply a different background color to the text advertisement place at the top of the Inbox items list.

Thank you for your great services, Yahoo!

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When I click the X to close an email, it just opens the last one I had open. Please CLOSE and go back to LIST.

Go back to list of emails when I close open message instead of going back to the previously opened message. I don't want to just toggle between emails. I would never want that.

254th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My signature - I can't edit the spacing, Why? I don't like the way it is - too much space between the lines.

I can't edit the spacing with my signature. Too much space between the lines

265th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  27 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Contacts are not in the new format. Although accessible by going to the old format, this is a weakness & should be corrected

Contacts are not in the new format. Although accessible by going to the old format, this is a weakness & should be corrected.

201st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. download

There's no option to download your emails and there is no option to print out emails groups at a time.

361st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring back the links to other yahoo sites - there used to be a link to yahoo calendar under mail and links to yahoo sports, finance, etc

Bring back the links to other yahoo sites - there used to be a link to yahoo calendar under mail and links to yahoo sports, finance, etc

288th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. scroll

why can't the scroll bar for the bottom of the screen stay static like the old yahoo mail??
    This is very frustrating!

244th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. paste

Pasting text does not work properly - at least, not in Internet Explorer. The pasted content goes to the beginning of the email message, not to the spot where I want to insert it. I then have to cut all the text that is supposed to go above the pasted content and paste that, too. Very kludgy.

271st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 445th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base