New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. NO NO NO!!!!!

We don't want "quick contacts" This is not an improvement.
    Just give us what we want! PLEASE!!!
    I don't understand. Are you all < 18? > 80?
    Do you not pay 1 second of attention to what your PAYING customers are saying? What the heck is going on at Yahoo??

539th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can no longer access my contacts personal data

I can no longer access MY contacts & the personal information associated with that contact. Address, birthdays, anniversary etc.
    Why has that disappeared ??
    What is the point of storing data if we can no longer access it from our
    contacts list ??? WTH ??

607th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Former CONTACTS was much BETTER and User Friendly

TOO SLOW also NOT convenient, cannot ADD "ADDITIONAL or MORE INFORMATION" to the "CONTACTS", just NAME and EMAIL...NO Birthday/Address/Phone/Notes/Business Info/Other Emails/Website, etc...When you guys make changes and/or create "NEW Yahoo Mail UPGRADES"...You guys seem to SKIP or FORGET Important "DETAILS"...Like NOT thoroughly thought through or more like HALF-ASSED...Yahoo! Used to be WONDERFUL FOR MANY YEARS...then...lately...DOWN THE TUBES!!!...What happened??? I really prefer the OLDER VERSION,
    this one SUCKS and SLOW!!!...

554th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. the ads all over the place ****.

All the ads ****. This is the worst email ever. Will start to use Gmail exclusively if this is what Yahoo has become. Dying like every other old school irrelevant company that can't adapt and make things easier.

341st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. leave my computer setting the h... olone you have now totally screwed my account up i have been at this all **** day

if it aint broke leave it alone and fire the person that thinks i / or millions of us want change if it aint broke leave it alone and get my basic mail back asap what have u dont to my mail and page what a nitemare fire the person that did this now POINT MADE !!!!!!

248th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. sent folder items cannot be moved

sent folder items cannot be moved at all at the moment. they cannot be moved to other folders.
    I suppose that this is a temporary glitch and hope it will be resolved asap
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

168th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. spam

Spam folder does not update item count until the folder is actually slected.

Since Yahoo has the habit of flagging my legit mail as spam (50% of what get flagged as spam is not), I need to know when I have new items in my spam folder. The count indicator does not update until after I've opened the folder for 10-20 seconds. So that means I need to manually check my spam box more often than my inbox so I don't miss mail.

This is basic functionality that was lost with the forced move to the "improved" interface.

349th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Alphabetize by last name

I want contact list alphabetized by LAST names not first names.

317th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Problem in downloading attachments

There is a constant problem in downloading attachments, please rectify this inconvenience to the users..thank you

105th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  36 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The new contact list email setup is absolutely WORTHLESS!!!!! The old way was better. CHANGE IT BACK

Put it back the way it was. When I pull an address from the to field to put it in the BCC field it used to disappear from the to field and now it doesn't. FIX IT

575th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. print one list in contacts

I want to print one list of contacts. The only thing that will print is my entire contact file, not just one list. I've had to switch back to the Basic email to do this, but then when I try to use Basic to email a list of contacts, the list will not appear and I have to switch back to New email. I am very frustrated. Do I need to take my account elsewhere?

607th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. new contacts list

When I go to the contacts list I want to see ALL the names on the list not just a few for each letter of the alphabet with X more if I click on that tab

YOU have no right to decide who should appear on my list and who should be hidden from view

please stop messing with things, old system is better, new system is garbage!

575th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. blocking domain

I want to block a domain. Blocking the email address does no good because the spammers just use another name each time.

391st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disposable addresses broken

Not sure where to post - today did not receive any of my news emails, although my main account is working fine, the disposable email addresses that have worked for the past years are not coming through today. Sent a test email to one of these disposable email addresses for my yahoo.co.za account - failed with "This user does not have a yahoo.co.za account". Tried with my older yahoo.co.in disposable email addresses, these also fail and again the main yahoo.co.in account works.

677th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option for adding new contacts

Yahoo should provide an option that enables you to tap on the email address of someone sending email, and adding this person to your contact list straight away. At the moment, I have to copy and paste (or write down) the email of the person sending an email, and then going into Contacts and manually add the person.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  43 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Time zone Warning

Delete this setting. It appears more than just me are annoyed with this. It is still amazing that this is an issue when the mobile phones figured this out well over a decade ago. Strange how a progressive company as Yahoo cant seem to figure this one out.

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  38 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Inport csv

This new version of mail does not allow for import of a csv file. It only allows from social media or other email types. Please put back the ability to import csv files. I could do it 2 weeks ago. Today is 8/22/2019.

727th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. deal view

1) Kill the banner that appears above the email message. It pushes down the actual message and is extremely irritating.

2) The collated deal view is fine in that I can look at it if I choose to.

Any time you do something that makes it more difficult for me to access the actual mail message, drives me to consider a different mail product.

359th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Views folders need to be removed! A waste of space, can not see MY FOLDERS!

REMOVE THE WASTED SPACE VIEWS FOLDERS, THEY ONLY TAKE UP SPACE AND BLOCK MY FOLDERS!

315th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 23rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  113 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base