New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop the ads from slowing down my E-Mail response or I will be forced to change E-Mail Provider

Stop the ads from slowing down my E-Mail response or I will be forced to change E-Mail Provider

134th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  38 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please restore the button for Classic mail. I don't want this version. Thanks! The button is missing.

Restore the Classic mail button. It is missing. People want the Classic format. This is a major thing...not a minor issue. Thanks!

450th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I wouldn't mind the ads on the right side of my email screen if they would just be still. No spinning, blinking, buzzing or whirring.

I wouldn't mind the ads on the right side of my email screen if they would just be still. No spinning, blinking, buzzing or whirring.

242nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 87th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customize Background Image Theme Option Needed, Add Your Own.

Customize Background Image Theme Option Needed, Add Your Own.

94th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  65 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Folder View

I can't see the entire folder name. Make the Folder view area width adjustable by the user.

87th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I don't like the new version of mail. It doesn't have the user-friendly options that classic has.

My mother and I use Yahoo. My mother is 90 years old and deaf so she relies on her email for communication. She is getting more confused and the little box at the bottom right that says "one click away from your upgraded inbox" is annoyingly in the way. She is constantly clicking on it by accident and I have to change it back to the classic version on a daily basis. Is there a way to get rid of that box? She will never use the new version of email because the change is just too much for her…

360th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Themes and Backgrounds

Please add more themes and backgrounds. The themes you have are few, and very dark. Please

161st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop Ads Over Personal Email on Left Side of Screen

stop putting ads over my personal mail boxes on left side so that I can't see my own boxes. I would also like my personal email boxes to be up at the top of the left side of the screen instead of "views" which I never use.

109th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. This sucks

I did not want to go to the new mail. I can not find my archive folder. The icon to switch to the new mail covered over my folders so now I have the new mail with the feed back covering the folders. This is totally messed up.

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Images (logos) on signatures used to be possible on the old Yahoo system, why not the new system ?

Allow logos to be included in signatures - as they used to be under the old system

373rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More options when writing emails.

It would be great to see more options when writing mail, with regards to font. Actual size (in pts.), underline, etc. Also a few more options in formatting, possibly columns with adjustable width and justification.

Also, and this is probably something I'm missing, but how do I create and save a signature?

45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Views folder in mail optional!

I have noted Yahoo has decided not to allow users to permanently remove Views. This is intrusive, especially as it keeps popping up with so-called news that I overpaid for something. This means Yahoo is monitoring all my online shopping! It is unacceptable. Yahoo, as a long time user, I implore you to rethink this. I am also talking to Verizon, your new owners.

482nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Many things are wrong with the new mail format/restore Classic mail. Thanks!

Hard to use. Delete is off center and purple may not be for men/women. I can't write an e mail without it malfunctioning..putting things in strange locations...takes up too much space. Buttons are in strange locations. Side list is too faint. Classic mail was perfect. The new mail is far from perfect. We are not bored with Classic mail. Restore Classic mail to all. Thanks!

469th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unable to open contacts

Unable to open contacts.

210th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. filters

Adding a filter remains inconvenient, as if designed in, like, 1993.? For example, if you want to add a filter, you might - naturally - want to create a new folder for your new filter. But did you think to do this before you went to create a filter? Most people wouldn't. Hint: WORKFLOW. As it is, you have to completely exit out of the filter thing, go back and add a folder, and then go back in and start adding a filter from scratch. There are much better ways to design this.

336th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please stop violating my privacy by reading my mail to harvest it for advertisers. Please don't make me switch to Gmail!

Please do not violate my privacy by reading my email. The fact that I am spending time on your site, reading your content and clicking on your ads should be enough. Please adopt industry standard behavior and stop this practice.

319th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop asking if I want Yahoo my home page when it ALREADY is my home page!

Stop asking me to do something that has been done YEARS ago. We know you ARE able to detect the home page settings, so it is endlessly, needlessly, INTRUSIVE to keep prompting for an action that has ALREADY been effected years ago. Detect that I have done it and please stop the prompting. Just stop please.

287th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The letters are blurry! It's like I need reading glasses now. Don't like the font at all.

Terrible blurry font. Hard to read - makes me dizzy, like all of a sudden, I can't see. going back to the old version.

28th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  131 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. the background settings are a total mess, please change it back.

the background settings are a total mess, please change it back.

384th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base