New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. your email totally sucks the worse ever period

your email totally sucks i am weeding yahoo out, slowly because your email sucks sucks sucks sucks!!!

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spammers tempering with same e-mail addresses to access Spam messages

Spammers using same e-mail addresses with added alphabets or numbers to full my Spam inbox again. When e-mail addresses are added to block senders, any email address with similar naming should also be included to future spammers mails

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to have black text

In order for me to use the new Mail format, I would need to have the option of having black text with a colored background. Right now, the only option is white text on a colored background. Until that is changed, I won't be using the latest version. I am going to go back to using the Classic Mail.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. common sense

Improve mail by returning to old setup: when you could see entire mail at a glance!! Who wants this nonsense???
    YAHOO I and billions more say return to old format. but you do not listen😫🤣😢

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Santa's list

You guys should make a new forwarding email for Santa that parents can sign up for that can get transferred to there account. It would be a new form of a Santa list

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The boxes to select msg are TOO SMALL

Make the pick boxes bigger in the app. I keep selecting the email when I’m trying to pick the box to select emails. Super annoying because when you go “back” all the other boxes you had picked are unselected.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. By letting us customize our back grounds cause you guys don't give us enough choices.

We need to be a loud to customize our back grounds cause you only give us three choices.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dont make yahoo like FB! Keep it simple.!

Keep it simple. Why do all internet idiots think complex is better? I just want email! Now I can't even monitor my contacts! What the **** are you idiots thinking?

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sorting

It would be nice to be able to sort by sender in reverse alphabetical order as well as regular.

302nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. make it where i can delete more emails in one click ,please

please make it where emails can be deleted by the 1000 instead of 100 takes forever to clear out mees I have over 300,000 unread messages and deleteing 100 is nothing ,can not spending all day deleting

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Base Name Change

It would be great to allow a one-time base name change for the disposable e-mail addresses. I did not realize when I created it, that it can't be changed. I understand the reasoning behind the "no change" rule, but please give a one time change for honest people like me who have used yahoo for years, but messed this one up. Or, have us be able to e-mail and request a one-time base name change. Thanks for listening.

522nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I have not receiving the mails from mcaadm@mca.gov.in from November month. kindly check as those are important official mails

I have not receiving the mails from mcaadm@mca.gov.in from November month. kindly check as those are important official mails

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I have not receiving the mails from mcaadm@mca.gov.in from November month. kindly sort out

I have not receiving the mails from mcaadm@mca.gov.in from November month. kindly sort out

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. all the backgrounds are too dark and the white background is too bright

provide some pastel coloured backgrounds which are more restful on the eyes, particularly for more elderly users!

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Too Small

Everything in inbox, sent box, everything is too small. I was on it days ago while the view was normal size then suddenly everything went small. I clicked nothing to make it small. Now there's no button to adjust the font size or view of anything. Help please! I'm not talking about outgoing new emails that I'm writing either. Those are the only thing that can be adjusted.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The selection box for mail is too frigging small. 90% of the time you select mail to delete it and the **** thing opens anyway.

The selection boxes for emails is too small. 90% of the time when selecting emails to delete or move the dang thing opens the email, losing the selections you just made. I use several email programs and only YAHOO has this quality problem. STOP OPENING EMAILS when selected. This email is a POC.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. domain

Allow us to make accounts under other yahoo domains other than just the basic Yahoo.com. I lost an account with a yahoo.com.sg domain which is greatly inconveniencing me right now.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It is really memorable for me and my family. I dont find Grihapravesam Photos in my inbox (date 29.04.2010). Please help.

t is really memorable for me and my family. I dont find Grihapravesam Photos in my inbox (date 29.04.2010). Please post the photos to my inbox.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow quotes in 'Search for messages with this subject', and ignore attachments in the search criteria

I use my yahoo! email address and webmail with a number of Yahoo! Groups and groups.io forums. As such, I frequently use the "Search for messages with this subject" magnifying glass icon on "Unread" messages. There are two significant problems:

1) If the subject contains double quotes, i.e. Bob has a "new car", clicking the magnifying glass icon results in "An error occurred while trying to fetch the items in this list." and Retry does no better. This should be fixed as quotes are common in subject lines.

2) If a thread / subject contains an attachment, i.e. Bobs new…

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cannot create new filter

Recently I am unable to create new filters (I get an error message saying unable to create new filter). I have less than 50 filters so I'm not sure if it's a limit issue. Why can't I create new filters?

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base