New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. layout

The "new" Yahoo mail is especially disconcerting and NOT user friendly if you have certain disabilities as I do. Adding glitz and glamor to a basic communication medium creates greater difficulty than using a more straight forward layout that Yahoo had with the previous version. More stuff is not better, and simple presentation without adding more needless clutter is far better for those of us with issues. Please provide the option to stick with the previous version. Thank you.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cannot search mail

wheel keeps turning but nobodys home...WHY with this dumb new yahoo can i not search the inbox or anywhere else to find emails? SEARCH does not load any results at all. this is an important feature and i see many old complaints. is nobody working to FIX this or what? now i cant post comment because it somehow automatically signed me out? i am signed in, but it canceled that. also it opens a new window every time instead of changing pages. 4 yahoo mail pages open and still cant perform? bummer

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No forwarding without paying extra

I am really not pleased with not being able to have @yahoo.com emails forward automatically unless I pay extra. My main account is, and has been, a plus account for many years. In fact, the price has recently gone up significantly. I'd really like an explanation as to why the other 2 yahoo.com accounts we utilize cannot be auto-forwarded to this account without paying for it. Please note that I am also currently trying to make arrangements to stop using Yahoo mail completely and you would then lose the amount I already pay. I don't know where else to put…

54th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why is there no "add contacts" button in the contacts section?

Could we have an Add Contacts button somewhere, thanks?

54th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. We need to be able to export contacts as .vcf files, not just .csv. Android folks need .vct.

We need to be able to export contacts as .vcf files, not just .csv. All us Android folks need .vcf.

54th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Top bar disappears after reading email. Bring back old version

Whenever I go into email (on desktop version), the Archive, Move, Delete, Spam icons at the top disappears. This is so annoying. Can no longer delete emails from the top or file emails under different folders, after you go in and read an email and click back to inbox, the top bar disappears including profile, settings, all disappears. Please fix.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Filters should not default to include the subject line

By default, filters include the subject line (although this behavior doesn't appear consistent). Typically, we want to filter senders, not subjects. I have to click through to 'more options' and remove the subject line from each filter I create.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. probleme sending mail to @bcr.ro

I can not send emails to addresses on @bcr.ro.
    It is a Romanian bank.
    Can you please check?
    Thanks!

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Recall message options

Hi,

Why don't you impose Recall options in sent email for business use.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. open calendar automatically on right

I would like the calendar to open automatically on the right side when opening email and stay opened even when changing folders. Like it shows when I click on the Calendar icon on top right. Sorry, there is no option to attach screenshots!

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Calendar Reminder notification email address changes

Enable Calendar Reminder Email notification address changes.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Be able to forward a suspicious email without opening it

I get been getting emails concerning PayPal and I cannot send them to PayPal for verification without opening them. It would be a lot better if I could so I would not have to chance a hack.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. No “UNDO” function

The UNDO function is NOT AVAILABLE on the Yahoo Mail app and I LOST A VERY IMPORTANT DRAFT!!
    This feature would be extremely valuable to me and it would GREATLY IMPROVE the application, if it would be added to its features in future versions.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spam button

Keep accidentally hitting the Spam button.

1) Can you please add a setting that gives us the option to "Confirm" a message as "Spam"?

Or

2) Could you add a setting that moves the Spam button under the 3 dots?

Or

SOMETHING! I have seen that I am not alone in this (I just cannot vote on the other posts anymore).

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. file folder on top

Hi, It will be nice if you could show folder name on top row along with other options.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. amount of unread messages in trash folder

it'd be nice to be able to see how many unread email messages are in the trash folder. you used to have that

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have the option to include original email when reply to.

Have the option to include original email when reply to.

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. alpha order list choice

I want contacts listed in alpha order by last name; do not want to have to change to this option every day. The list defaults to alpha by first name every day - very annoying. Thank you

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. the space for a photo in the "add contact" makes it impossible to add a contact since there is only room for "first name", no email address.

make the photo area removable so that i can add a contact. this is frustrating to me because i have been using Yahoo FOREVER, normally like it, but this might make me move to gmail or something else.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have contacts updated once it's entered.

When entering a contact and saving it, it does not show up when you type in search window. Although, when you look it up manually it's there... Why? Please fix contacts to work properly!!

54th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base