New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How can I hide the right hand side column permanently?

I use the new Yahoo Mail web interface with "Right" side view message and the advertisement right hand side column pops up at every new email message view.
    Is yahoo so kind to make it go away permanently or they want us all to move over to gmail?

464th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring Back Ability to Access and Edit Group Contact Lists

The group lists I created in my email contacts are no longer accessible. Yahoo Help chat told me the feature was removed. Please bring it back! I need to edit those lists and possibly create new ones.

420th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Yahoo email is the primary reason I started using an ad blocker plug-in!

The constant loading of ads in my browser was slowing down my entire computer, my browser was becoming overloaded and unresponsive creating horrid lag with every few characters typed. When I tried the ad blocker, it counted HUNDREDS of attempted ads in minutes, 3-5 were blocked with every click of my mouse within Yahoo mail. I cannot use this account WITHOUT an ad blocker, so I will just keep closing the stupid pop-up with the raised eyebrow scolding me for blocking ads. I've had this account since the very first year Yahoo offered email service. But at this rate I…

85th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Images (logos) on signatures used to be possible on the old Yahoo system, why not the new system ?

Allow logos to be included in signatures - as they used to be under the old system

321st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More trouble in NEW mail.

After being TRICKED into upgrading to the new mail without a way to revert.

I have noticed: 

1. No more bulk e-mail blocking. I can get like 30+ nasty an inappropriate junk sometimes.

2. Domain blocking has been disabled, I need that as said domains that are spamming do NOT care that spammers are mass spamming others. 

3. My filters both the organization wise ones and blocks mysteriously got wiped. I can't fix the block list without the @domain block access.

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Printout of email - MAKE PRINT BIGGER!!!

Printout of email - the new version makes the actually pdf image must smaller. Prefer it to be full page size. MAKE PRINT BIGGER!!!

25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  93 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a contact from received message

Bring back the capability to add a new contact directly from a received message! It is ridiculous that you have to copy the email address, exit the email message, open up your contact list, and add a new contact! Why did you ever take away this function?!? Please bring back the drop down menu for accessing contact details when simply hovering your mouse over an email address!

510th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop the ads from slowing down my E-Mail response or I will be forced to change E-Mail Provider

Stop the ads from slowing down my E-Mail response or I will be forced to change E-Mail Provider

123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  57 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't try to fix what ain't broken

Stop messing with the e-mail system. It is was fine and worked great. Now it's nothing but delays, changes for no apparent reason. If something isn't broken, don't try to fix. Keep it simple and easy to use.

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. spam

You need better spam filters. If I receive a legitimate email with bitcoin in the subject field, this is always followed by hundreds of spam emails related to bitcoin. Same for dating, any legit online dating emails are immediately followed by hundreds of dating spam.

I also have Gmail, and that never happens in their system.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  123 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Block emails by IP address.

Give us a way to block spammers using there IP address since they just keep changing their email address.

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Deals - "Deals from Email"

'Deals From Email' (located in 'Views', on the left hand navigation bar) feature I do not fine helpful and it appears to have been forcibly added to the inbox, in the preview pane it sits right ontop of the emails consuming the viewing window and it cannot be closed or collapsed. I'm not sure what the value is as its mining all my email which I find annoying. Is this 'feature' part of a Yahoo enhancement or Verizon enhancement to bring more adds to me from the reviewed data in my inbox?

Reviews of the feature are predominately negative, so…

420th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. filters

Adding a filter remains inconvenient, as if designed in, like, 1993.? For example, if you want to add a filter, you might - naturally - want to create a new folder for your new filter. But did you think to do this before you went to create a filter? Most people wouldn't. Hint: WORKFLOW. As it is, you have to completely exit out of the filter thing, go back and add a folder, and then go back in and start adding a filter from scratch. There are much better ways to design this.

287th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. FIX YOUR BLOCKING AND FILTERING!

EVERY ADDRESS I BLOCK IS GONE 5 MINUTES LATER AND THE SAME WITH FILTERING, IT HAS NOT WORKED RIGHT FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW! TIME TO GET RID OF YAHOO!

84th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  122 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. deal view

1) Kill the banner that appears above the email message. It pushes down the actual message and is extremely irritating.

2) The collated deal view is fine in that I can look at it if I choose to.

Any time you do something that makes it more difficult for me to access the actual mail message, drives me to consider a different mail product.

510th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search Results

Search results only shows sub-folders locations - not the main folder & sub-folder as the Classic Mail version did. I use Yahoo for business and have main folders and sub-folders for organization and Client records. So the main folder for location along with the sub-folder is extremely important to view for the results. Please fix that!
    Also, When getting results from a search when your message layout is to the right, can you bring back it viewing as full screen like Classic Mail did? It doesn"t make sense to only be able to view partial results. Thank you!

536th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please give the user an option to not receive what ends up in SPAM.

Create a user option to NOT receive what ends up in SPAM.

81st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I wouldn't mind the ads on the right side of my email screen if they would just be still. No spinning, blinking, buzzing or whirring.

I wouldn't mind the ads on the right side of my email screen if they would just be still. No spinning, blinking, buzzing or whirring.

239th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base