New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. trash can on spam

Why show the trash can icon if there is no spam in the spam folder? Makes you take and extra step everytime

441st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filters Drag and Insert

Ordering of filters list make it so you can drag them up or down.
    Adding a new filter make so you can select an existing filter and when you create the new filter have it insert at the current position in the list. If you have a bunch of filters and like to order them into groups then you have to click the up/down arrow a lot

401st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The look of the email needs to improve

Classic look was better

288th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unread

I like the Unread option, but when I open an email in the unread folder it suddenly becomes "read" and disappears before I can actually read it. It should let you read it, but when you go back to the Unread folder that's when ti should disappear

361st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. What happened to pasting copied image snippets? It used to work in the old UI. Sad!

Please bring it back! Even Facebook lets you do it now. Come on.

385th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. scroll

When scrolling down in Inbox to get to messages that are out of the screen, the preview link at the bottom left hides the very message that I'm trying to read. This is very annoying especially when scrolling with arrow keys, because once I get to the message I want, I can't see the sender because it's hidden by the preview link. The only way to see the sender is to scroll one more message down and then back up, which defeats the purpose of scrolling with arrow keys. Please, FIX THIS!!!! And please, don't tell me to switch to…

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. automatic folders

Automatic folders please. When I have more than three unread messages from the same sender, I would like a folder to automatically be created and all messages from that sender will be put in there from that moment forward.

I receive many emails from various businesses where they have sales on products. Right now I have over 1,000 unread mails, the majority being these sale emails. I don't keep up with them as I am not always in need of something from a particular store.

And I NEED a place for them to go and be stored, where I can…

227th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ads pane too big

the ads panel is just too big

361st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sent emails should not appear when Unread filter is used.

The Unread email link in the left menu, clicking this displays unread emails, but it also displays Sent emails - I'm not sure why this occurs as all sent emails have been read, as I'm the sender!

445th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Folder Views

You need to allow one to arrange folders in the order of usage frequency or preference, not just alphabetically!

413th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Windows 10 snipping tool no longer copy and pastes directly into mail.

Windows 10 Snipping tool will not paste into draft. It works on Gmail and other programs. I use this on an hourly basis. It worked on Friday 7/18/17.

445th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create New Contact by clicking on email address in an email

You should be able to create a new contact by clicking on the email address in an email. You should be able to right click on an email address in an email and select an option to quickly add the email address as a new contact. Right now it is wayyy toooo many steps to add a new contact. I shouldn't have to cut and paste to get this simple job done...... Thank you.

172nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show exact number of emails in Inbox

I *hate* that no even the Inbox folder is showing 999+ instead of the exact number if you have more than 1000 emails. Please reinstate the exact count!

159th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The emails adresses of my contact book does not show when making an email

Show the email address when composing email
    worked in the old version

278th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I want to see Spam without needing to REMEMBER to click MORE. That was not a good imporovement!

I want to see Spam without needing to REMEMBER to click MORE. That was not a good imporovement! Do you guys actually think that you are that good at determining what is spam and what is not? You are not. How arrogant of your industry to make that assumption.

391st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. bring back the progress bar for uploads, my upload didnt work, gmail worked careful

been sending work with yahoo for years, now with new version, uploads show error, so u simple sent it with my gmail account,

184th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. read/unread weirdness

It's nicer than before, but here are some issues:
    1. When you're on email and you mark it as unread, when you switch to other email it reset to "read" again. (so it marks it as read not when you open it but when you close it?)
    2. when you reply to email it then opens the next email in the grid, which sucks combined with the above issue, something I didn't actually look at is marked as "read" now.
    3. Sorting by "unread" is laggy, still better than before, but emails you open appear to stay as "unread" then…

391st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. calendar

It's very irritating to have new tabs created whenevef I go to my calendar or contacts. I only need one tab (one instance) of my mail. Fix this: decide how to implement the calendar and contacts function well or take them away (the latter would be a huge mistage!)

358th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Message management banner

The pop up banner indicating that messages have been deleted, moved etc sits too low, obscuring the bar of instructions including delete etc

297th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. YAHOO NEEDS AN OPTION WHERE YOU CAN CLEAN OUT ALL MESSAGES FROM INBOX TO TRASH.

WE NEED THE OPTION TO WIPE OUT THE ENTIRE INBOX. I HAVE SPAM THAT IS IN MY NEW MAIL AND ITS HARD TO SIFT OUT OLD FROM NEW ITS EXHAUSTING. SO ID RATHER DELETE EVERYTHING FROM MY INBOX AND START FRESH.

250th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base