New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full contact

Show full contact fields in Andriod App.

Right now you can't see all the contact fields in Andriod app like you can on https://address.yahoo.com

Change the Yahoo email andriod app to show all contact fields

824th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accidentally opened an email while trying to multi select? Let it still be unchecked when you get back into the mailbox.

When selecting multiple emails to delete and accidentally opening an email, please let the emails still be selected. It sucks having to check everything once again. GMAIL handles this perfectly. Get with it Yahoo.

689th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unwanted Folders

I want the ability to do my own filing. Please remove that Coupons folder. I want all coupon emails in my inbox. If I want it, I use it otherwise I just delete it. Please remove the coupons, photos, documents and travel folders..Let us handle our own filing, please.

284th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One giant leap backwards. How do I get my prevoious one back. I have lost all tool bars and many other things. This is really bad Yahoo

One giant leap backwards. How do I get my previous one back. I have lost all tool bars and many other things. This is really bad Yahoo

646th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add option to include contact birthdays and anniversaries to calendar

Add ability to add my yahoo contact birthdays and anniversaries to my yahoo calendar. Or provide instructions to upload from another format.

1045th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Artsy Fartsy Icons you put in front of my contacts list for cc,bcc or forward: How do I get rid of those. Totally annoying and distracting

Artsy Fartsy Icons you put in front of my contacts list for cc,bcc or forward: How do I get rid of those. Totally annoying and distracting.
    Slows me down. Totally useless ****.

903rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need a 'Sent To' column

It would be nice to have a 'sent to' column when viewing the sent folder. If I have 50 emails in there, all sent to different people, it would be nice to have a sent to column so I can sort by who I sent the emails to. It is so cumbersome right now. I don't like using the search field because it brings up everything when I only want to view the sent to emails.

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Like to always print in black ink

would like to always print in black ink. Have to select this option now to print in black and it is a bother

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hate the background

HATE THE BACKGROUND, HATE THE SO SLOW SCROLLING, HATE THE TON OF SPAM, HATE THAT THE SCROLLING DOESN"T KEEP YOU AT THE MOST CURRENT MESSAGE

597th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I want to remove the picture

I want to have my picture removed and replaced with an initial.

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add contacts to address book

When I look through emails in my inbox or email a new person, I want to be able to right-click and add them to my address book, in a specific list if necessary

1045th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Email composer formatting is dysfunctional

The composer editor is bug ridden. Your old one was bad, but this new one is totally dysfunctional.

1) If the formatting on a selected block of text is modified, meaning one changes the font, size or color. One cannot undo all of the formatting. One needs to trash the email and start over.

2) In an HTML formatted email. If there happens to be table in the original forwarded body. The table suddenly gets a black border around every HTML table cell.

These are just two of the many bugs in your new and improved email.
    New versions of…

903rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When I receive an em sent to my alias (penname), the reply doesn't always use my alias, but the default instead; which I do not want to happ

When I receive an em sent to my alias (penname), the reply doesn't always use my alias, but the default instead; which I do not want to happen ever again. And I keep forgetting to double check to make sure it's done properly because it's done automatically for convenience. Therefore, I want the option to leave sender address blank so I have to enter the sender em myself. So I know it's done right.

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. desktop key

When I request a key for my Outlook Desktop Mail app, I select Outlook Desktop in the dropdown, but later when I go into my app keys it calls it Outlook Android, except that Outlook Android was a completely different choice in the selection. I suggest you make sure if someone requests an Outlook Desktop key that their key is saved as such and not as Android as this caused a couple cycles of confusion.

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. save emails as pdf

We have the option to print an email, but i would like the option to save the body of an email as a pdf

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Colors

Please put in some light, soft colors. What you have now is too intense and dark. Can't you put in a variety and please everyone? At one time, you had more choices. Please give us more options.

903rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to delete more than what is allowed at a time (200) with over 3,000 it takes too long.

I would like to be able to delete more than 200 emails at at time, can you please fix this, I work a lot and can't get to all my emails so they pile up and it is just too time consuming to sit and try to delete thousands of emails even at 200 at a time...I've literally have been deleting for 6 1/2 hours today and still have thousands to go.

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please bring back the old shortcuts like k for read message

Please bring back the old shortcuts like k for read message

824th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Attachment size and Uploading is Horrible

Attachment size is way TOO SMALL ! Attaching PDFs , documents and especially Images is a chore. Attaching fails way too often even when attachments are well within the current 25mb size.
    Increase file sizes and Also ADD a simple "GREEN CHECK" or something similar , sometimes I don't even know if something uploaded correctly and a simple mark to verify would be GREAT !!
    Also get a lot of "can not save as draft" errors while trying to upload attachments. PLEASE PLEASE GET A FIX ON THIS !!

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Security

Yahoo mail Security:

Why do you allow ransomware to be mailed in yahoo mail?

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base