New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want the reading pane to be blank when I choose

In the old Yahoo mail when I clicked the inbox icon to refresh the reading pane went blank. This is good for privacy in case of shoulder surfers please can we have it back.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to append a note to any saved message

How about adding an option to be able to append a NOTE to any saved email? This would be very helpful for references.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. With new browsers (like Firefox or Chrome), a Mail user can not select to save attachments to a designated folder like under IE.

With new browsers (like Firefox or Chrome), a Y!Mail user can not select to save attachments to a designated folder like previously under IE browser. Just like with IE browser, within Mail a user should be able to "save" any attachments to any directory / folder of his/her preference, to help organize the files / data. With the new browsers, however, currently a user can save / download attachments to some directory / folder (which is not selectable and is almost unknown to the user).

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I can't find how to move sub-folders back to the highest level. I could do this in classic email. HELP!

I can't find how to move sub-folders back to the highest level. I could do this in classic email. HELP!

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lists for Basic.

I am being forced back to “Basic” email as I have an XP operating system. I need the ability to use my “lists” of grouped email contacts. I send out dog rescue run sheets to groups of people at once. I was able to do that before but now not on the basic email. Can you PLEASE add use of lists to the basic version. I believe I’m paying for Pro Lots of people still use XP. Thank you.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why am I getting Yahoo news via email... ?? How can I stop it.

Why am I getting yahoo news via email. ?? How can I stop it.

687th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Promote a day for people to delete old emails and empty their trash. I bet it saves many Exabytes of storage and helps speed searches.

Have a national recycling day for emails. MANY emails we get are garbage or daily list mails. I bet if every Yahoo user deleted unimportant emails like sales ads or old conversations and emptied their trash and spam folders just once, it'd save huge amounts of storage on Yahoo and probably speed the system up since searches should improve. Some people already do this diligently but I bet many or even most don't. I try to be good about it but I just saw I have 6000 emails in my inbox. I bet I need to keep about 50 of…

585th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filters

You should have a 'Create New Filter' at the ... or right click button so that it can automatically does everything. Now it is too troublesome.

283rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. email display in new format is bad, without a good setting

The overall upgrade is worse but still usable. However, there's one problem that needs to be fixed. Emails are being displayed in a format that isn't fully expanded to the right. There's an arrow to expand it, but I can't find a setting that makes it show expanded automatically.

Poor UI design

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would to be able to alphabetize my password entries, but to date can only SORT them by newest or oldest date. Would appreciate if Yahoo ea

I want to list my passwords entries alphabetically, but only options are to SORT by newest or oldest dates. I would appreciate it if Yahoo gave the ability to alphabetize password entries.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Control buttons missing

Control buttons missing!!

If you insist on using this "new" format, either put the control buttons back on the header (particularly delete and move) or leave the old one. It is working well.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. STOP REMINDING ME TO CHANGE MY TIME ZONE!! I have it set to UT for a solid reason!

STOP REMINDING ME TO CHANGE MY TIME ZONE! I have it set to UT for a very good reason!

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alphabetize by last name

I want contact list alphabetized by LAST names not first names.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. download attachment file name with timestamp

This feature was there with Yahoo Mail before. Then they removed it.

When downloading the attachment, it would be nice to have unique file name, preferably date and time, like 201901241430. It was only date before.

It always comes up with the file name archive, which might overwrite previous files and slows down.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. scale to Screen resolution

I was forced to upgrade to the new email this morning

I run a 1440p resolution. Old mail use up/scaled to the whole screen.
    New mail, only uses about 60% of the screen with a centered bias

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I hate scrolling down multiple page when I forget to check my email for days. having multiple pages was much better

I hate scrolling down multiple page when I forget to check my email for days. having multiple pages was much better I would know which page to look for something. clicking a button was easier then scrolling forever to get to a real old email.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. disposable email address

the paid account can not make more than 3-time of change disposable email address

it should be more

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. time zone

If you live in Arizona, which stays on MST/PDT year-round, you cannot choose a suitable city to set the time zone correctly. As a result, the annoying flag and notice stays on the screen and there's nothing you can do about it. Please add Phoenix or Tucson to the pull-down list of suitable cities.

1152nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We couldn't load this message. Retry!

No email will load since yesterday. Tried on Chrome and Safari. Also can't check boxes to move items to delete/spam. I see a lot of these messages in the feedback. Please advise the community on an estimated fix date.

308th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base