New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You can improve by being able to get my main email from Comcast. Such a big company, I would think it was a no brainer to add it.

Get it set up so that I can get my email from Comcast PLEASE!!!! Do not understand why you don't.

1260th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When will you move the contact list to the new format. Hard to believe you left that out while spending time on setting up stupid colors.

When will you move the contact list to the new format. Hard to believe you left that out while spending time on setting up stupid colors

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please don't allow the adding of spam addresses to my address book.

When someone sends me spam, I notice that the spam email address gets saved in my "auto complete." Please remove that feature --- if an email is SPAM, I don't want or need it ever, never, at all. Saving SPAM emails is unnecessary and borders on dangerous.

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. attachmenr

Put back the option to sort by attachment

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not enough "improvements" to justify the change. Didn't need improvement anyway.

Mostly just the look is changed. Not enough contrast anymore to visually scan through the inbox. Didn't see the need for "improvements" or changes. Tell us what you think has changed before just telling us we have to have it.

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Vacations Response Not Working

Please fix vacation response. Mine is not working.

981st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. All I want is to be able to send emails on a timer. Getting help to find out if that is possible is beyond impossible

Emails should be able to be sent on a timer, especially if emails have to be sent out weekly to the same group. It would make my life a lot easier.

981st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to log in with password! No more askin for do you have this e mail for "verification"waste of valuable time

I have last pass which won't give the password until the ad shows. Often i have to open another account to get the silly authorization code.
    Many of user have time sensitive email to send. life is stressful enough with out more added on.
    I want an opt out so I can quickly do business.

981st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 981st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Filtering using e-mail rules

I believe there has been an error with this as it usually suggests all the e-mail names in your contacts, but now it would treat the space as if you're entering a subject, i.e. you would have to key in the complete address.

686th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. hide folder

I want the option to hide the Trash folder. Gmail gives you the option to hide any folder (including Send, Trash, etc.). There's also an All Mail folder which is nice because it allows you to search through all folders at once for a specific message.

686th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove my name from Sent Email In View mode of past emails sent

In Sent view EVERY email shows my name - which is confusing and ridiculous because of course I sent every email - I don't need to see my name a million times and when I'm looking for an email I sent to someone it's confusing.

337th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Move feature should have Sent in other to restore all Sent mails in Archive

Sent messages accidentally moved to Archive but Move feature doesn't have Sent in other to undo the error

981st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ask for confirmation after clicking Spam button

I should be asked for confirmation before clicking the Spam button. It's right next to the Delete button and easy to hit accidentally. And then I have to go through a process to UN-spam the e-mail and even after doing so, the e-mail from that sender will often continue to get marked as spam long afterwards and requires UN-marking it as Spam repeatedly to get this to stop.

596th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mail Pro

I cancelled my Yahoo! Mail Pro service last week, just a few weeks after it was auto renewed for an entire year. Reason is that I don't need the Mail Pro! features. In this day and age of SaaS and prorated billing, the mail pro fees will not be refunded. Yahoo! should rethink about this policy and refund any unused part of the fees, especially when a customer has cancelled the service with the explicit intent of not using the service.

596th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Your 'Yahoo mail pro' service needs some sweetening for the price.

Your 'Yahoo mail pro' service needs some sweetening for the price. Offer a better security package and 'big files' transfer support.

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. YahooCare suggested to post this for Feedback reviewers to look at

In Classic I can send, then click to contacts to edit the new contact. The new version, when you then click contacts to edit a new recent sent it opens a new window w/o the new email cued up for edit. Please fix
    ******************@yahoo.com Thanks

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. pasting of attachments file in composing message

kindly add facility of adding attachments directly in mail while composing through copy and pasting the file instead of browsing.

1260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ugy Keybbbbbbbbad

buggy Keybpoard

981st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base