New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove the ads from both email message, and the side. I didn't ask for them, therefore I shouldn't

Remove the ads from both email message, and the side, they are annoying. I didnt ask for them, therefore, I shouldn't have to pay for their removal. As for the new mail, I love it, it's the just the ads I can't stand.

1018th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Former CONTACTS was much BETTER and User Friendly

TOO SLOW also NOT convenient, cannot ADD "ADDITIONAL or MORE INFORMATION" to the "CONTACTS", just NAME and EMAIL...NO Birthday/Address/Phone/Notes/Business Info/Other Emails/Website, etc...When you guys make changes and/or create "NEW Yahoo Mail UPGRADES"...You guys seem to SKIP or FORGET Important "DETAILS"...Like NOT thoroughly thought through or more like HALF-ASSED...Yahoo! Used to be WONDERFUL FOR MANY YEARS...then...lately...DOWN THE TUBES!!!...What happened??? I really prefer the OLDER VERSION,
    this one SUCKS and SLOW!!!...

406th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. rotating ads are causing the font size to get big and small again

Every time the ad in the right-hand column changes (or for animated ads, changes size) it's causing the middle panel to change size and that is triggering a 1 second change in font size to super big and then back to where it was. This is SUPER annoying and making it really hard to manage my inbox.

930th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. please stop bugging me with close adblocker reminder. you ************* cocksuckers. ENOUGH

please stop bugging me with close adblocker reminder. you ************* cocksuckers. ENOUGH

1018th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I lost ALL of my mail including archived mail, contacts, very important stuff to me.

I twice requested a recovery attempt but no-one have notified me one way or the other of any progress.

1356th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Frustratingly, I am paying you for an ad free account and still have ads all over the place.

When someone pays for an ad free account, provide them with an ad free account.

1018th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Block spam email domains

Please allow spam email blocking by domain again. I am getting hundreds of spam messages from the domain "yahoo-notice.appspot.com" among others with the local-part just a hodgepodge of characters. Blocking each one is ridiculous. Just let us block the entire domain. This used to be an option in Mail but now an error occurs that the address is invalid because there is no local-part listed.

610th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. can no longer access my contacts personal data

I can no longer access MY contacts & the personal information associated with that contact. Address, birthdays, anniversary etc.
    Why has that disappeared ??
    What is the point of storing data if we can no longer access it from our
    contacts list ??? WTH ??

484th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Spam is not filtered or blocked

You need to let us filter these @myip.com @emailverfy.com into the trash! Your filters don't do that and at best only put them in the Spam folder. You should also let us BLOCK messages from a specific site, not just the user name. I would like to block all these @myip.com emails but you don't let us do that. If you can't get this fixed soon, I'm going to use gmail for my real email and just let this yahoo account be for junk.

445th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow sorting of contacts by last name, employer, location, etc

Allow sorting of contacts by last name, employer, location, etc. I can't BELIEVE that Yahoo was STUPID enough to remove contact sorting by last name. Also, a lot of my contacts disappeared with the new contact format.

506th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ABC order by last name for contacts

I should have waited until I tried what you suggested. I did go back to Basic Mail, sorted the names by Last Name. However, in the list the first name shows up first. The last name should show up, not the first. I'm trying to coordinate 2 e-mail accounts to have the same addresses, this is making it very hard. PLEASE change it back to the way it was originally - Last name, first name.

Thanks,
    Deanna Ralph

On Monday, March 23, 2020, 05:19:50 PM EDT, Deanna Ralph <deannaralph@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thank you for your response. I don't know…

930th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Inappropriate ads

STOP showing me ad's that have a COMPLETELY NAKED BUTT to sell freaking underwear!!! I do not want a NAKED WOMAN'S BUTT ON MY SCREEN!!!!!!!

406th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please stop with the pop ups asking me for feedback please....

Please stop with the pop ups asking me for feedback please....

33rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  37 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want BASIC MAIL back. New Yahoo Mail ******, Yahoo you should be ashamed of this garbage!

There's your FEEDBACK!!! Yahoo employees who designed this are and gave us new mail.

237th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stop with the basic mail or whitelist. I will use adblock. I've had my yahoo account for over twenty years

Stop with the basic mail or whitelist. I will use adblock. I've had my yahoo account for over twenty years

1356th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Get rid of it. EVERY time yahoo changes things they are worse.

Get rid of it. EVERY time yahoo changes things they are worse. Date separation ( earlier in the week, etc) makes mail harder to read, is a distraction, and WORST of all, is completely irrelevant. It unnecessarily spreads the reading field. The red delete email trash bin is too far away and covers the date when hovered over. it should be with all the other functions -'mark as read','search emails', and 'yellow star' this email........RIGHT WHERE IT USED TO BE!!!!! And adds in the middle of my email list instead of only at the top???????

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If you keep asking me to accept ads, we are closing our accounts!

Leave me alone about the ads... If you want to charge us to have an email account we are done using this service.

1153rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Turn off grouping by received date

Add an option to disable grouping by received date. I already have the "list" and "small" options selected to fit as many emails as I can onto the screen, but the date grouping ends up wasting as much as half the space on unwanted headers. The date is already shown in list view, I don't need groupings as well.

812th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Many things are wrong with the new mail format/restore Classic mail. Thanks!

Hard to use. Delete is off center and purple may not be for men/women. I can't write an e mail without it malfunctioning..putting things in strange locations...takes up too much space. Buttons are in strange locations. Side list is too faint. Classic mail was perfect. The new mail is far from perfect. We are not bored with Classic mail. Restore Classic mail to all. Thanks!

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Yahoo! Mail detects Firefox's built-in privacy protections as an ad-blocker.

I have my ad-blocker disabled for yahoo mail. However, I still got he pop-up to disable it, which is something that happens often with Firefox. The culprit for this is almost certainly tracking cookies or something similar. Please adjust the tracking/privacy capabilities of your ads.

1153rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base