New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Moving Function

It's so hard to move emails. If you move they can go in the wrong folder. Or, they unmark when you try to find the folder and move something else. Fix that!

281st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Advance to the next e-mail in App when deleting an e-mail

I would like the option to advance to the next e-mail when I read and delete an e-mail in the Yahoo Mail android app. I remember this was an option in a previous version.

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop the inbox list refresh. Very annoying

Stop the auto refresh are you kidding me. Who thought this was a good idea.

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ******** yahoo

@Yahoo.com You literally ***** ***. I hope all of you who thought the new yahoo layout was a good idea get hit by a ******* by and die slowly and painfully, maybe then you will realize that not every single "new idea" should be put out there. Why exactly do you have to **** people with things they don't want?

1206th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop telling me to unblock yahoo adds each time I log into yahoo mail. Or I shall just use Google mail.

Stop telling me to unblock yahoo adds each time I log into yahoo mail. Or I shall just use Google mail.

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 668th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. TABS LIKE SOCIAL, PROMOTIONAL IS BADLY NEEDED

SEPARATE TABS LIKE SOCIAL PROMOTIONAL IS BADLY NEEDED. WE END UP IS MISSING OUT IMPORTANT MAILS.

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Schedule email send times

Would be really nice if we could schedule a time for emails to be sent. For instance, if I am drafting a message today that I don't want to send until Monday morning, it would be great if there was a way to schedule that instead of having to remind myself to send it Monday morning or having to have someone else send it because I am not going to be connected at the time that I need it to be sent.

432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text is too dim

The text is too dim no matter the color theme.

230th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When can we get Yahoo Mail Pro in Canada?

I can upgrade my Yahoo mail app to Pro, but not the browser-based email in Canada.

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. sync

My email doesn't sync between devices. Deleting an email on one device does not delete it on others

586th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. search does not search content

the search function does not search the content of and email. For example if I just search the word "craigslist" it will only find emails with the word "craigslist" in the subject. If I have an email with no subject but in the body of the email there is a link for www.craigslist.org/xxxxxxxxxx, it will not find it.

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. automatic folders

Automatic folders please. When I have more than three unread messages from the same sender, I would like a folder to automatically be created and all messages from that sender will be put in there from that moment forward.

I receive many emails from various businesses where they have sales on products. Right now I have over 1,000 unread mails, the majority being these sale emails. I don't keep up with them as I am not always in need of something from a particular store.

And I NEED a place for them to go and be stored, where I can…

239th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Turning OFF READER VIEW for emails

When reading my emails, the view automatically changes to "READER VIEW". This is a big time waster as I have to change back to the normal view in order to reply or click on any links in the email.

How do I turn off this feature: Automatically switching to Reader View when reading emails?

668th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sorting bars above email messages

Can we have sorting bars above the email messages? This way we can just click on the bar above the relevant column to sort (e.g. from, subject, date, etc) instead of clicking on a drop down menu to search for the sorting option.

Also, if an email is selected and then the sorting option is clicked, that email message should remain selected. This helps with searching or browsing.
    For instance, if I select an email from "John" and I click on the sort by name bar, all emails from all Johns should be together; if I select an email whose…

392nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The new Yahoo Mail is screwed up. It takes a very long time to upload photos in attachments.

The new Yahoo Mail is screwed up. It takes a very long time to upload photos in attachments.

244th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 629th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would love to have different color or shape of flags for my mail

I would really love to have additional colors or shapes of flags for my emails. If Yahoo had that, I wouldn't have to use any other email...

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. scroll

why can't the scroll bar for the bottom of the screen stay static like the old yahoo mail??
    This is very frustrating!

246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base