New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back visible trashcan icons

I don't like that fact that you have removed the visible trashcans in the left side bar.

821st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. while forwarding messages, the forward lines need to be removed as its automatically changing the format of the message

i would prefer forwarding messages without forward lines which usually comes beside the typed message. so kindly give options for clients to remove such lines in settings.

1032nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. mark as read

Before the latest update, we could check any number of unread mails and hit "k" as a hot key to mark them as "read". Now we have to go through the drop-down to do it. Bring back the hot key!

36th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 221st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 821st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 706th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "move" drop down menu is too short. I constantly have to scroll down to find a folder. Classic format showed a much longer list.

increase the length of the "move" folder to show more items, just like in the Classic format.

1032nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. checkbox doesn't work

The checkbox in front of each email no longer works. When you click it, nothing happens. This has been happening since yesterday Nov. 8.

69th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide premium e-mail for Xfinity users!!

I already spend nearly $200/mo on Xfinity!!. Why can't they provide free premium e-mail? They own Yahoo mail. This should be an included "service" Or should I switch to Wave internet, cut the cord and go to g-mail?

1032nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1032nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I am ****** that you keep taking away th eoption to delete by sender. Also, I keep getting a msg to update my time zone which is correct.

Bring back delete by sender and fix the dam time zone message. My time zone is already correct and yet I keep getting a msg to correct it.

1032nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The the inbox folder should always be visible

The the inbox folder should always be visible on the left navigation pane (like in Outlook). All the user have to do is click on it to see the content of the inbox. Scrolling around to get to the inbox is a waste of time.

77th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 104th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. make it easy to find downloaded docs

show down loads with date time and content on opening mail on corner

258th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. most recent e-mail received is not displayed only a flash in inbox

last e=mail not staying on screen till I receive another e-mail is received according to forum many people have the same problem. cannot see resolution this is the second inquiry i have sent could not open till I g0t another e-mail ref:26528909,12/22/2017

319th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 283rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. your software causes the screen to continually jump around. Try to minimize or enlarge screen, it makes 4 adjustments instead of just one.

I am trying to look at my mail from oldest to newest; not the other way around. The software keeps jumping me back to newest to oldest.

410th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Gets Hung up trying to enter New Contact

This isn't an idea it is a matter of the new inbox when I tried to enter a new contact. I entered the the first, last name and email address. I hit the "Save" button and it got hung up. Tried doing it five times with the same results I put the first and last name on the First name line entered the email address and hit save and it worked fine. Go figure!

433rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Email issues

I have to close the program every time I want to view a message in another folder. It allows me to read one and then it won't let me do anything else. It won't go to a different folder, it won't let me delete, and it won't let me do go back into the folder unless I shut down my internet window. And all these ads are getting ridiculous when the script won't run and I have to shut down the internet window and log back in just to get the mail to work.

410th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Wording according to countries

Perhaps you could adapt more to countries according to their culture. For example I live in the UK and I get things like "send a holiday card", which means nothing to me, we would say "send a Christmas card" instead. The language might be the same but we're not Americans!

390th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base