New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More default font style required

please give more options on default font styles. now, only 6 options are available.

2282nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The 'List' feature isn't working. When I want to type the start of a list I've created in the 'To:' field, the system doesn't recognize it.

Please fix this issue. If you are going to make 'List' (a specific group of emails) an option, then please fix the issue. It's very inconvenient to have to type each individual in the 'To' field instead of using one of my 'Lists'.

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. not showing download option .DAV extension files

i was revived email that email contain (.DAV) extension file. before 1 week (.DAV) file are download. but now this extension file could not downloaded . please solve this problem

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let me set a default mail account

I have two email accounts: one with my generic Yahoo username and one with Yahoo small business. With new mail, both accounts are available under the Compose button. But every time I log in on desktop, my generic Yahoo username account opens first. I never use that account. I want my small business account to open by default. Right now, every time I log in on desktop, it's an extra click. Let me set which one should open by default.

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The new mail won't allow me to send from my Quickbooks app

The new mail won't allow me to send from my QuickBooks program even though I have entered the information in filters. Security and Privacy only allows me to BLOCK emails.

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto generated card visible only to you - instructions needed. Current help and instructions are inaccurate.

Auto generated card has wrong info showing and in the past I could change it by clicking on the 3 dots on the card. Those dots are gone and instructions for changing the information are inaccurate. Would love current instructions available.

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email Chronology Print Capability

It would be incredibly useful and beneficial to be able to print an email conversation string in chronological order, with the original email on top and most recent email responses in descending order. Yahoo! help assistance said that is not a possibility at this time. Is it something Yahoo! is considering?

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ask for confirmation after clicking Spam button

I should be asked for confirmation before clicking the Spam button. It's right next to the Delete button and easy to hit accidentally. And then I have to go through a process to UN-spam the e-mail and even after doing so, the e-mail from that sender will often continue to get marked as spam long afterwards and requires UN-marking it as Spam repeatedly to get this to stop.

616th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. keep most recent email from sender but move all older ones to a folder automatically

I like all new emails appearing in my inbox folder because that is the only folder I read emails in. I recieve a lot of morning brief emails from the same senders (ex. Bloomberg) and I would like all the emails from older days to be automatically moved into a folder but only AFTER a new email from that same sender has been sent. This would greatley reduce clutter.

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I wish I could sort by who the email came from.

Add all columns to the Sort By option.

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow setting a specific folder to use for downloads

Why do you not provide a way to set the download location for email attachments? Why do you force users to use the Windows 10 default "downloads" folder instead of a more practical one for them.

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. yahoo quit signing me out of my mail. ********

try getting people who know what the **** they are doing

653rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. iPhone App Problem

After the last iPhone app release of Yahoo Mail, I'm unable to open spam messages on my iPhone 8. I tried reinstalling - same problem.

1024th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Attachments are not 'attached' when email is being answered. I want attachments to be on the reply for editing.

We need attachments to travel with the messages -- and not to disappear when a message is answered!

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be helpful if you could add the contacts from your email using a shortcut. As a small business user this function is very useful.

It would be helpful if you could add the contacts from your email using a shortcut. As a small business user this function is very useful.

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Several items:

Several things:
    1. Pls don't have contacts in separate OLD yahoo window; have to wait for the new window to remember it's not doing email but contacts.
    2. Pls have way to get to INBOX without scrolling to top of list.
    3. Pls allow moving folders with both sub-folders and emails in them (really, really).
    4. Pls give more options for editing text (bold, etc.). Also, if I select all and choose new size it doesn't usually work for all the text.
    5. Sadly Yahoo isn't user friendly but I've got so much stuff in it that it will be…

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide Storage with Yahoo Mail Pro

With all the free email out there today I think Yahoo should provide a little more with the paid subscription. I was thinking like 1Tb of Cloud Storage with your Pro Account. This would be more of an incentive and would offer a nice benefit to your subscribers. I was looking for a backup tool for my pictures and files and I was thinking why pay for multiple services. So I hope you would consider this since $35 is getting to be a lot to pay just for email without ads.

Thanks,

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add the translator to ymail and also use the translator as another website. try to become service provider by merging all sites of y

Please add the translator to ymail and also use the translator as another website. try to become a service provider by merging all sites of yahoo. Merging site will help you in promoting yahoo

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base