New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. draft problems

When you open old draft, content won't display.. After several attempts (close, oen again), it might display content..!

124th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. why can't I have the date in my e-mail dd/mm/yy format

I would like the date in my in box to be in the dd/mm/yy format and not in the american format.

601st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. unsubscribe window is a useless feature

A very useless feature since 1) 99% of time it doesn't know how to unsubscribe. 2) It only gets in the way since 99.99% of people unsubscribe from what they don't want. 3) NONE OF IT'S SUGGESTIONS ONLY <1% OF PEOPLE WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM. THESE IDIOT'S WITH THEIR NEED TO DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN MAKING IT ACTUALLY WORK REAL WELL.

433rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Someone sent Me an email but I never got it. I need to send and receive emails as advertised. Is issue with redesign? PLEASE FIX if so! Thx

I don't think I have been receiving My messages or possibly having Ones I send go out. Not sure. But Someone just said They sent Me an email an IMPORTANT CAREER EMAIL which I never even received. They may have even written more than one. Other People have had difficulty writing Me//reaching Me in the past too. Please if this is an issue with the new redesign fix this. It's a very very serious issue for Us. With all due respect. Thank You in advance and Best Wishes. PS If You can contact Me in My Email {if it would…

200th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’re not getting emails from a specific sender, it may be because they are sending to the wrong address or they are getting an error message when sending to you. If this is the case, you will need to have them reach out to our Postmaster department to try and get it fixed. You can also double-check your Mail settings and Spam folder to make sure everything looks good there.

If you feel your emails are getting delayed, check the headers to see where the delay is. You may need to use a header analyzer online if you’re unfamiliar with reading headers.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN22026.html

Thank you!
    Mail Support

5. top inbox message still disappears

Top inbox message still disappears from display almost all the time. Yahoo closed a bunch of posts complaining about this but didn't actually fix the problem. Working on Chrome from a Win7 laptop.

287th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Newest incoming & sent mails STILL don't display - NOT COMPLETED!!!!

Newest incoming & sent mails STILL don't display - NOT COMPLETED!!!! Solve this bug or prepare to start refunding Pro Paid subscription fees. Bugs like this are NOT acceptable for a paid email service.

482nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 418th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 151st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. disappear

I usually look in my Unread folder to see all my new email in one place. I view and then delete or move each email. When I get to view the last email in the Unread folder, the content of the email flashes on the screen then disappears and my Unread folder is empty. I can find it in the folder where it originated, but sometimes it is difficult to locate. This only happens on my PC (Windows 7), not on my Samsung Galaxy S8+

346th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Check boxes don't check

The check boxes aren't checking as of 11/8/2017, and my mail won't load if I click on an email that I want to read.

344th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. the "add account" option does not hold. having to sign in all the time. arrrgghhh

why doesn't the "add account" option hold. I sign our of one account and need to sign in on the other even though I once added the second account and said "save" ...

242nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 37th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. preview

Unable to see preview of attachments. When clicked on the attachment, it blinks like it want's to open but disappear on the 1st page. I believe second or third page, would show up but page 1, for sure, only shows up for a second and disappear. Might have to go back to the older version.

418th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. this mew version is much to combersam , besides I have two e-mail addresses, where new contacts are supposed to go automaticly into both whi

when I add a new contact it is supposed to go to both my e-mail addresses. When I print my addresses not all of them get printed, they are there in one of my e-mail address book but are skipped in printing, this is a lot of waste on paper and ink. Besides I cant access all addresses in my second e-mail address.

360th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 309th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If I click on addresses, it bounces back to the old format.

Bug: If I click out of contacts, it defaults back to the old format.

360th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When I go into contacts it puts me back on the old Yahoo

Stay on one or the other with contacts

205th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 259th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add in more features on the main pae

Why not include a small calendar on the main mail page ? making it easier for things.

I would also suggest another small window for local weather, for convenience ..

Actually, I would not mind having another for a calculator too ..

57th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Custom rules

Allow rules/filters to be more customisable. Allow users to specify when mails move from the inbox to designated folder.
    Examples:
    Scenario 1 - Allow the latest mail matching a filter rule to remain in the inbox for a specified number of days before it moves to the designated folder.
    Scenario 2 - Move an email to the designated folder automatically after it is read.
    Scenario 3 - Automatically delete mail from specific senders if unread for more than specified days.

This will really help us better manage our inbox considering the amount of emails we get these days.

410th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base