New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AB0006 - Yahoo Mail - Software version number should be accessible

AB0006 - Yahoo Mail - Software version number should be accessible

A software version number should be available to the end user. I found one a long time ago in classics past, but do not know how to get it now. Note that it should be unique for all changes of software, small or large. I am sure that the software is changing all the time, in small or large increments. AB0006.

1622nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Too many INBOX categories

Today, Last Week, Earlier Feb, Jan.
    We do not need to see all of these useless categories.
    Next you will be adding: Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening, and Night.

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. two step security ********

I hate your ***** 2 step verification.
    You ARE WASTING MY TIME .
    I HAVE TO VERIFY THE DARN THING DAILY
    can I just have a chance with a stron password?

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unread mail a different color

Unread mail messages should be a different color than the read messages. It is currently too difficult to quickly see the difference.

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like to see a setting that I can say how much Trash I can keep. It currently only keeps the last 7 days.

I think each person should be able to keep trash for at the very least 30 days.

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove the new "Confirm Delete" pop up.

I see that you mention previously that it has been fixed. It has not! If I delete a message I would like it gone immediately, without having to click yet again. Plus as we all know they are saved for a time in the deleted folder. Please fix.

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The selection box for mail is too frigging small. 90% of the time you select mail to delete it and the **** thing opens anyway.

The selection boxes for emails is too small. 90% of the time when selecting emails to delete or move the dang thing opens the email, losing the selections you just made. I use several email programs and only YAHOO has this quality problem. STOP OPENING EMAILS when selected. This email is a POC.

814th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. UNBLOCK. YOU NEED TO PUT AN UNBLOCK BUTTON NEAR EACH MAIL. I WAS GOING TO BLOCK AM FIFTY MAIL AND IT BLOCKED ALL MY IMPORTANT MAIL. BANKS, C

ALL MY MAIL IS BLOCKED. YOU NEED TO PUT AN UNBLOCK BUTTON IN THE MAIL. PLEASE I DO MY BANKING, CREDIT CARDS, & ORDERING THING. THANK YOU MARTHA BURNS MGGB_53@YAHOO.COM

891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. cannot view full headers/raw message on new desktop mail ; cannot FORWARD (without OPENing virus email)

Yahoo1010_ggg The function [View Raw Image] Does NOT work. Never, Never, Never OPEN a bad/malicious/virus email because you will regret the disastrous consequences. ATT needs to allow (ALL) emails to be FORWARDED, WITHOUT having to OPEN the bad email, to perform the FORWARD function. I need ability to (1) access the Entire RAW email [Header, with ALL the IP address info, & Body], (2) Copy the Entire RAW email, (3) activate the FORWARD function, (4) paste COPY of Entire RAW email, at top of the temporary area. (5) enter the [Send-To] address, (6) execute Send. EX: bad email is Extortion…

1024th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I use Safari and about 15 days ago Yahoo's website&mail uses a lot of memory. I end up closing it. Its that bad!!! Help!

I use Safari and about 15 days ago Yahoo's website&mail uses a lot of memory. I end up closing it. Its that bad!!! Help!

1024th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dump trash, dispose of selected mass volumes of saved mail,

The ability to selectively dispose of large quantities of selected email. Selected by dates, or other would be very useful and helpful.

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There is an issue with moving emails to a specific folder.

I made a mail search for emails named "microwave" and from the search list tried to move them to a folder named "microwave". All the emails were moved except the ones in "sent" folder. I had to then switch to Classic Email and then it worked.

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No Commersials

plz remove commersials

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. After I read an email I want the type face to go to a lighter shade so I can tell which emails I have already read -- like it used to do.

After I have read an email, I want the type to get light again, like it used to do, so I can tell which ones I have already read.

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Yahoo Mail - Pink oval appears in TO field for all old elements in Draft folder

Yahoo Mail - Pink oval appears in TO field for all old elements in Draft folder

Emails placed in Draft folder prior to the new software, when retrieved, show a pink oval in the TO field. When left there upon mailing it cause an error; when deleted all is well. Draft folder entries created under the new software do not have this problem (so far). If there is a reason for this, it should be explained in Help. If not, the appropriate workaround (as above) should be documented. AB0005.

1236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. delete

Want to have a delete option beside every month.

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unable to separate threads on my iphone now. It is all or nothing!

An email should not have to include every single thread with it to forward it. Privacy should be an issue with Yahoo! Give us the old Yahoo back and fire whoever coded this new mess!

2282nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. What happened to my Yahoo Mail contacts?

I went to send an email to someone, and typed the first letter of their name. In the past,this has always linked to their full address, as listed in my contacts. This time, it didn't. I tried several people, and it failed in each case. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY YAHOO CONTACTS? Now I've got to type in each person's e-mail address completely? Sometimes I send the same message to a dozen people! WHY ARE THE LISTED CONTACTS NOT COMPLETING THE E-MAIL ADDRESSES ANY MORE?!?!?!?

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why when typing an email and go back somewhere in the email to correct or add a character does the system delete the next letter or characte

Why when typing an email and I go back somewhere to change a character does the system delete the next character or space. I just had a situation where back in the email I had to make a character change and I ended up having to re-type 2 or 3 lines of copy to get the change made. The system is replacing when typing is done instead of adding any additional typed characters. THIS MUST CHANGE

1622nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base