New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MAKE ALL MY INCOMING MAIL AVAILABLE AND NOT JUST THE CURRENT DAY

ALLOW ALL OF MY MAIL TO BE VIEWED AND NOT JUST THE CURRENT DAY

714th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please dont display adds. I am embrased about that and I am avoid yohoo mail for this reason.

Dont display adds in yahoomail website. I changed yahoomail to gmail in all my online activities. The only reason is embrased by adds

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No way to edit contact details

There are two screenshots below to prove this.

The first attached screenshot, which is green, is what I see whenever I navigate to Yahoo Mail in "Google Chrome" for Windows 10. As you will note, that window has no Contacts icon and no way to edit contacts. If I select "Compose" & "To", it generates a list of contacts but does not allow editing of those entries.

If I can somehow through trial-and-error, reach the point of seeing the attached, blue-coloured screenshot, after 5 minutes of tinkering, and I save the "mail view" window as a bookmark, the generated link…

309th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mail

When I get an email, any email, I sometimes reply or forward it right away; I sometimes put off replying or forwarding. When I go back later to review my emails I want a marker on my emails telling me if I have replied, or if I have forwarded this email or that email. It seems to me that an earlier version of Yahoo Mail put a marker, such as a forward arrow or a reply arrow, on the line of each email, telling me if I have done anything with that particular email. With current Yahoo Mail, my forwards…

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your idea. Please note that you can see whether you have forwarded or replied to a mail via the indicator to the left of the address. If a mail is unread, this indicator will be a blue dot; if a mail has been read, the blue dot will disappear; if a mail has been forwarded, you’ll see an arrow pointing right; if an email has been replied to, this will be indicated by an arrow pointing left.

Note, we have edited this post to remove your email address. Please be careful not to share any personal information (such as email your email address) in a public forum.

Thanks!
    Mail Support

5. saftey key

every time i reboot i can never get my home page to come up do i have to register with mozilla? and if so they charge to help fix the problem do you charge?

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. the 'width of the ad section should be less wide; it takes up too much space and is only annoying!

so everyone agrees the add space is only annoying your followers--
    companies need to wake-up and stop annoying their clients with their invasive adds- terrance Sydney: who agrees?

243rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Too many thing need to be loaded make slow performance, many users would quit yahoo mail if no progress

Too many thing need to be loaded make slow performance, many users would quit yahoo mail if no progress

504th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The folder filing system is not very good. You can create folders, then sub-folders, but can not use the same name in a subfolder. For exa

The folder filing system is not effective. You can create folders, then subfolders and then subfolders. However the second subfolder can not have the same name. For example Home/lawn/2018 can be created but when trying to create Home/house/2018 you can't create the second 2018. Makes it impossible to file messages from the same year into different categories. I believe this option used to be available but has been removed in recent weeks.

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. not getting my newsletters

I used to get newsletters several times a day now I get almost none. what'going on?

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It is necessary to be to read emails that are older than 2 weeks !

I've got an AWESOME idea. How about if someone could check an email that is old, say older than 2 weeks or better yet 2 years.

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Email notification on iphone yahoo mail app from a specific contact

Can you please have this feature in your iphone email app ( which every other email has) - that I get a Email notification from a specific contact when he/she emails me .

Right now , either I can opt for notifications from all people or all emails ! I want something like a VIP list of contacts, where I can get a notification ( sound , pop up ) when a specific person emails me , instantly.

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Keyboard shortcut to show images

It would be very helpful to have a keyboard shortcut that toggles the "Show Images" option in email messages.

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. move calendar, contacts

Move the icons under settings (and even move settings) back to the left side of the screen.

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Problem with email not staying selected and it scrolls back up to most recent email

There seems to be a problem when I have selected a certain email it doesn't stay selected and the email list automatically scrolls back up to the newest email received.

668th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep un-checked the "Keep me signed in box"

Please remove the "Keep me signed in box". It presents a potential security issue

471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Horrible Resolution

My Laptop is 13 Inch and max resolutionis 1366x786 - the letters are blurry, fuzzy....which doesn't happen to the older versions

432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move, Sort and Resize Columns

I want to be able to move, resize, and sort columns by clicking on them, just like pretty much every other mail program around. I want to move the "trash can" column to the left so I can get to it easily, without being asked "Do you really want to delete this?" like you are when you use the icon at the top. I want to click on the sender column and sort by that, so I can quickly find all messages by a certain sender. Please either bring this functionality, or revert to the old version. Thanks.

586th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. dotted box

I get a dotted boxes around my e-mails. I cannot stand this.

287th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Clear searches

In the yahoo mail app, there is an option to search your mail, however there Ian no way to clear "recent searches". There needs to be a way to clear these searches because after a month, they're not that recent!!

798th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base