Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. having trouble with full chart either with one year or two year view as the month of May and most of June 2018 get cut out

This is what I did:
    I saved about 30 stocks to a list in my portfolio.
    Open the full chart and start clicking on the stocks in the right-hand column.

I either pick one-year or two-year view. Occasionally, the chart would show the price line with May and most of June of 2018 missing.

It jumps from april something to 6/22, with a sharp movement in price line. It is getting annoying.

161st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. interactive chart loading takes forever

The interactive chart takes forever to load.

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. cannot remove nasdaq (^IXIC) comparison chart from web and mobile charts

After adding nasdaq as my comparison chart, I am unable to remove it from web charts and/or mobile yahoo app charts. Other charts can be removed

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I can't open a chart for a stock without getting 3 comparison charts.

Here's the screen shot you asked for:
    /Users/barryrodda/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 8.33.48 AM.png

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Date range for interactive charts to be in English if the rest of the page is too.

Currently the days of the week come up in Cyrillic, although I am not sure if it is Bulgarian, Ukranian or Russian.

The rest of it is English, eg the month name.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. when i point my curson on a line of ohlc on a chart...

when i point my curson on a line of ohlc on a chart...and keep it there stable to check the high, low, close etc...it quickly dissapears...and i need to put it again

I don't understand why? You need to fix it so that the prices high, low, close, open stay there until i move my curson again

95th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. quote lookup dropdown box

When you're on a full screen version of any stock chart, and you enter the ticker for another stock in the quote lookup box, the box stays extended, covering a lot of data. You can click on it again to get rid of it, but I wish it go away automatically once the page changes to that stock.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Where are my Bollinger Bands?

I have Bollinger Bands saved as a permanent feature on the interactive chart. Up until today they were working fine. Today they are GONE and I can't even re-create them. The chart refuses to display them even though they are shown as a "Comparison" item. FIX THIS!

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Chart Data Range Time Interval

If I set the date range to 5 years and set the time interval to 1 month, the data range changes to MAX. If I set the time interval to 1 month and then the date range to 5 years, the interval changes to 1 week. How do I set the date range to 5 years and the time interval to 1 Month?

128th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. interactive chart comparisons

cannot delete comparison chart on interactive chart. Previous post reply form Yahoo says this cannot be recreated on your desktop. Try again multiple people are having the problem

72nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there,

Can you please confirm what browser you’re using? IE is no longer a supported browser so we do recommend trying on another if you haven’t yet. We haven’t heard any other recent issues since that post was closed.

Best.
    -Finance Support

13. there is no way to close the chart to go back to summary page

this is the basic bug, should be resolved ASAP

128th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. scroll

When I manually set the start and end times for the chart, I don't want the dynamic update to change them. For some reason, when the current time is within the range, the chart automatically shifts the start time as actual time passes. So, for example, if I set the start time of a chart to yesterday's close, one minute later, the chart resets the start time to today's open. And then it keeps moving from there.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You don't show the number of shares traded.

You show the trades but I don't know how many shares where traded on any of the spikes

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please don't read cookies for multiple charts (don't automatically save indicator/setting preferences)

When I opened up multiple charts, except the new ticker that I entered,
    the old tickers showed up in every chart, and they shouldn't.

95th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback.

In the meantime, you can click the “Reset” button in the right-hand corner of Charts to remove all of the previously chosen indicator and comparisons.

Thanks!

-Finance Support

17. Copy and Past into chart comparison.

The new chart tool returns an error when I try to cut and past ticker symbols into the comparison box. The current tool allows me to do this and is a nice quick way to add multiple symbols

48th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. separate controls for showing/hiding split and divident indicatiors

PROBLEM: Currently there is a single Settings control to hide/show splits & dividends. However, when they are shown, the Split indicators are sometimes lost among the Divided indicators when viewing the chart in MAX view.

SOLUTION: Either have separate controls for Splits and Dividend Indicators, or offset the Split indicators above the Dividend indicators so they can bee seen.

107th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Too Many Clicks!!!

I chart with 9 SMA and 9 EMA moving averages. In the old interface this required 1 click to open the indicator section, 16 clicks to add additional fields in both sections, and then type/TAB through to enter my moving averages. The new system requires 18 clicks to open the indicators box, 18 clicks to select my desired indicators (9 each SMA and EMA), 18 clicks to place the cursor and replace the average figure, 18 clicks to open the color change selector, 18 clicks to choose a color, and 18 clicks to save the changes.

So.... the "improved" interface…

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. THE EARNINGS ESTIMATES ARE OFF BY ONE YEAR FOR THE 2018 AND 2019 ESTIMATES. THESE ARE ACTUALLY 2017 AND 2018 EARNINGS ESTIMATES

THE EARNINGS ESTIMATES ARE OFF BY ONE YEAR FOR THE 2018 AND 2019 ESTIMATES. THESE ARE ACTUALLY 2017 AND 2018 EARNINGS ESTIMATES

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base