Skip to content

Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Charts Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

If you are experiencing issues with our charts, we recommend trying the following steps before reaching out to us:
  1. Refresh: Reload the page to see if the issue resolves itself.
  2. Browser Troubleshooting: Check our browser troubleshooting guide for tips on resolving common browser-related issues.
If the problem persists after trying the above steps, please don’t hesitate to submit feedback and we will get on it.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

989 results found

1. Restore old charts

New Charts: Pros: easy to jump to quote page; technical analysis.
    Cons: most everything else; lost click to chart, moving avg values per day; cursor/pointer used to fix right on the closing value for the day; flip flopped everything

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The ANNUAL intervals for full screen stock charts aren't working properly.

While they cover 1 year, the time frames vary with the stock being trended. I would expect that if I select a 1 YEAR interval for any stock trend, each point would represent the year end closing price (or the current or last closing price for the current year). Instead that 1 year period varies with the stock selected. I first noticed this with ^GSPC when the 1 year intervals showed the opening values on December 1st and a closing value for November 31st. So I checked several other tickers by selecting the full screen stock chart, then selecting the…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Everytime I open the new chart look, it takes me to the 1-day timeframe. EVEN WHEN BOOKMARKED!!!!

I recreated my chart settings from what I had in the old charts and re-bookmarked it. Yet when I open the bookmark, it reverts ALWAYS to the 1-Day timeframe.
    Don't you do any real testing by seasoned investors BEFORE PUBLISHING?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Boy have you messed things up.

One example. I use ATR (average true range) but when I highlight a bar the ATR doesn't show, like it used to. I can't trade without knowing the ATR. I guess I will have to look for something else. Bye.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New charts for May are a disaster, especially for viewing multiple tickers on the same chart

New charts for May are a disaster, especially for viewing multiple tickers on the same chart. The secondary ticker labels are not always visible and it looks like user cannot employ the crosshair to view prices of secondary tickers on different dates. It looks like user can't control the color of the primary ticker and the lines are too thin.
    My Portfolio sidebar behavior is annoying. I like that I can now hide it (increasing graph width), but it should stay hidden when I refresh the page. [Generally, everything user has hidden should stay hidden when the page is refreshed--sidebars,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Full Screen Chart mode

The new design is fantastic with Night mode . Now when I am in full screen mode, my Watchlist is on the left and when I click on the next symbol it gives me a quote of the symbol instead of displaying the chart for that symbol. By hovering the mouse over the Watchlist I can see where it is going to give me a Quote or a chart but of the wrong symbol. Great design so far!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Go Back To The Old UI Please...

New one is slow and hard to use...for example, when I need to check the high, low, open and close of a trading bar, the new ui window sometimes block the chart...terrible...looking for alternatives if you all keep messing it up and do not go back to the old UI.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New charts have no automatic update price

Delay may by 20-30 min sometimes hours. I must update real time price manually. To see negative effect of new charts look at number purchase and selling shares at the end of session. It will be 20-30% less then average day. So you hurt economy very much

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New chart setup is not an improvement!

The new Chart display is quite flawed and unfriendly to use. For instance, it is very annoying to hover over daily bars to get info because that "plots" menu on the left corner gets activated every time crosses its horizontal coordinates (very unnecessary feature!) and does not let you do anything on the chart. Just get rid of that being automatically activated like that, it is just in the way.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stock charts not updating

Your stock chart data is disconnected with itself. The chart (green area) may be up to date while the price listed above the chart is hours old. What gives?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New charting page is not intuitive or productive for chartists. Need a option to revert to CLASSIC charting.

New charting page is not intuitive or productive for chartists. Need a option to revert to CLASSIC charting. Now chart update to another ticker takes 3 clicks instead of one. STUPID!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. NEW SxxT CHARTS! left panel with favorites

There is customise button on that left panel, to move the sections! I want to customize and move the panel back to the RIGHT! Hate the changes very poor not testing and checking with users upfront the go live! I have sxxt line across the screen indicating current price point! cannot remove it, cannot remote the grid, your customize sections are totally pointles! Zoom inouts with finger touch do not respond!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New chat look

Why does Yahoo finance keep changing the chat look? It happens approx. two times in a year. I have a new chat look from today. Every time you switch it I lose my lines, price targets and other settings. Besides that, the new chart is much worse than the one before

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow 3 decimal point entry for PSAR indicators and brighter up the color choice for chart plotting

The Parabolic SAR indicator in the new version only allows two decimal digit entry while the old version allows three digit. So now I cannot plot a 0.002 chart anymore and therefore I have to look somewhere else like Google to plot.
    The color selection for chart plotting is also dull and not deep and bright so lines are faint and cue may be missed.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. show values in a panel

I see that the chart in Yahoo Finance got just updated (at night ET of 5/2/2022). One very big issue in this update is that the values of indicators in each panel no longer show directly. For example, if my panel 2 is RSI, then when I move the mouse (i.e., the cross) with different days, in panel 2 it does not directly show the corresponding RSI value like before. Instead, everything shows in an "information box" in the main panel in the same color. This is very inconvenient for users to get these values if one has many panels…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. issue with Edge charts

May 2 @ 16:00 EDT, yahoo finance charts stopped working; show error message stating that Int. Exp. not supported. I am using Edge Chromium. Also, the format in backgrould appears to have a different layout; indicated a change by YF.
    I use Win 10, High Contrast Theme, Edge Chromium - latesgt verion.
    Please Fix This.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stock price doesn't update on charts page

It seems that the price now only updates while the page is in the foreground, and that if you switch to a different tab and come back you have to refresh the page to get it to update again. Also, it seems to now show the change since the last refresh in the title bar instead of the change for the day.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bring back the old chart

Bring back the old chart. This chart is uncomfortable and dificult to work with. And please don't change it again.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base