Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need a save config button SO WE CHOOSE when to save our default chart. Don't save every change in the chart for the next time! Terrible!!!

Need a save config button SO WE CHOOSE when to save our default chart. Don't save every change in the chart for the next time! Terrible!!! Switch to BigCharts. Time to fire your chart builders.

15th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thanks for all the feedback on this request. We’re making sure the product team is aware of this desire. No update yet as of this time.

Best,
    -Finance Support

2. Old charts had better info/easier to see

Old charts displayed the color associated with each moving average or bollinger band for easy reference. Also, if you moused over past dates, the historic values would display for the averages and BBs.

4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. charts for ^SPX is a single candle regardless of the time frame.

The ^SPX chart (regardless of the type of chart - candlestick, bar, etc.) displays only one candle or bar regardless of the time frame (daily, 5 minute, hour, etc.). When you refresh the page, it reverts back to the daily chart and it is still one candle.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chart interval - please change default from 1D to 1m(minute).

Chart interval - please change default from 1D to 1m(minute).

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please Merge Chart Histories for Symbols WTW and WW

The chart for "Weight Watchers" (symbol WTW) had a name and symbol change to "WW" (symbol WW) starting on 04/22/19. As WTW and WW are both the same company, with no change in ownership or financial metrics, could you please merge the chart histories of symbols WTW with WW? CNBC.com and Google Finance, and I'm sure others, have already merged chart histories of WTW and WW with no apparent issues...thank you!

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. hello

Have ir so you can show shares sold short as a negative number ie a minus sign before the number of shares. It Rea is incorrect to Mae so a short position is shown as a positive number.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. last Close mark

Would like to see in the chart a dotted line marking last close price (or opening price) through out the day...

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. draw from amount

When selecting the draw option, it is only possible to draw from a point on the chart where it is related to that price.
    i would like to have the option to select a price and draw an horizontal line on that price.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. dividend/split

make the dividend/split selection a permanent selection (chrome). Settings?

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make these charts printable!

Make these charts printable!

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. the page layout wastes a ton of valuable usable space.

Wow the page layout wastes a ton of valuable usable space.
    People use your charts because they need viewable readable data.
    You've got a huge add banner ( I get it you've got to advertise) so big it blocks the date range on the vertical axis. your banner is full screen width and 1.5 inches high, seriously? I only have a 13.5 inch diagonal screen on my laptop and you just filled 22% of my screen with a banner; thats excessive.
    Possible solution: Above the chart is the "quote look up" field. Move it up a bit to the purple…

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can you add Earnings report date to the Events area?

can you please add the day of the earning reports, so we can see if the stock price runs up or sells off after the earning report?

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To allow a larger active chart to be viewed slightly larger, Please move "3.7800-0.0400 (-1.05%) At close: 4:11PM AEDT" from current positio

To allow a larger active chart to be viewed slightly larger, Please move "3.7800-0.0400 (-1.05%) At close: 4:11PM AEDT" from current position to a new position further up the chart and in line with "Company Name and code" Regards Frank

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ENSURE ADS DO NOT BLOCK CONTENT!!!

It is so annoying when advertisement images block portions of the content.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

We’d like to investigate further, but need some screenshots and details of your inquiry.

Please click ‘Contact Us’ on our help pages (help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web) to submit a help form.

Thank you!
    Yahoo Finance

16. Portfolios not working on Large Graph View: Coming up with "No events." instead of portfolios

Portfolios not working on Graph View: Coming up with "No events. Select an event" instead of portfolios when I click on a stock ticker. List of portfolios disappears. Something has been messed up since yesterday.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi – We’d like to investigate this chart page issue further, but need some screenshots and details of your inquiry.

Please click ‘Contact Us’ on our help pages (help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web) to submit a help form or email finance.support@verizonmedia.com

Thank you!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

17. black background

Black Background is needed. Save our vision!

23rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add FTSE 250 real time charts

Please add FTSE 250 real time charts, 1-min real time data please.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to have the ability to adjust my own defined range of price data. If I try to move the date range it is to erratic.

I would like to have the ability to adjust my own defined range of price data. If I try to move the date range manually it is to erratic.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Were the **** is disable Events.

I love having the 'Events' option, but I have it on only when I first start researching a stock. When I'm actually tracking the stock I turn it off to get a very clean chart. Sooo... where is previous option to turnoff? Don't see it anywhere now.

Also, why you are at it, add EPS report dates in addition to Dividends and Splits.

Thanks much. Hope you can help.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base