Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Vodafone Financial chart is not displaying properly. when using indicators.

i can not see history or indicators displayed properly. all other charts are fine.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When charting, we should be given the option to view the graph with all dividends reinvested! Otherwise, comparison graphs aren't as useful.

Add option to show graphs with "all dividends reinvested", which is how most investors set up their accounts, and which makes comparison graphs more apples-to-apples.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Great charts -- Please add "Recently" categrory for Indicators

Hello Yahoo. Great charts. Thx.

As in Fidelity Active Trader Pro -- please add a "recent" category so when you pull up a chart it lists the ones you normally like to display so you don't have to type them in and search and set parameters every time. That'd be a big help. Apprec! Dave

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 12.1.17 Incorrect values for prior da closes in components of the Dow Jones Transports

Yahoo says the prior day close for AAL (American Airlines) on 11/30 was $49.25 with the 12.1 close at $49. But Yahoo says the CHANGE was $1.49. That works if the close was, in fact, $50.49. Which is what your interactive chart says it was. And so does the WSJ. $49.25 was the Wednesday close. Please correct. I am not sure about the rest of the ^DJT components, but I suspect the prior day's closes are wrong throughout.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. total return

In addition to price change (which is the standard view), I would love to see the ability to look at total return. This is really valuable when comparing different stocks, as dividends are an important element of the return for shareholders.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. hovering

With comparison if you hover over a stock line it does go bold but will it also highlight which stock it is, as I have may on each comparison chart. It is just time consuming to try to match colors when you have 15 stock on it. At one time I think it did this feature. IS there a hidden key for this? Thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Yahoo finance summary pages of particular company

There must be icon for time period like one year or one day, to choose for display at first appearing on summary page chart of a ticker. it might be there hidden some where but not easily accessable. It is important for a buyer to see the performance of certain company at lease in the past one to 10 year.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I like it a lot, but can I share it without giving away my identity?

Allow me to share without giving away my identity

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Plot the FTSE from the market open, 12:00 AM PST. Otherwise it is useless info.

Plot the FTSE from market open 12:00 AM PST please, otherwise it is useless info. Globex trades 24/6 and is seriously affected by foreign markets. FTSE is paramount when trading the E-minis.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need ability to temporarily "ghost" a ticker's curve on comparison charts so can see info behind it

With the old charts. if one ticker over-lapped a 2nd ticker's info, you could "ghost" (temporarily hide) the first ticker, allowing you to read the 2nd ticker's data. This seems to be missing on the new charts.

This feature would save having to delete the first ticker, read the 2nd ticker, then go through re-entering the first ticker, re-selecting its color & its line width, and re-saving it

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. set arbitrary value for chart percentage

Love the new charts!!! Please add ability for user to set an arbitrary value for the full scale percentage value. For example, if I set it to 15% then the charts are consistent whether I'm looking at 1 day, 5 days, or more. If I'm looking at 1 day for example, and the max percentage swing is a couple of percent, then it looks like wild activity, when it's actually not!! Thanks!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When adding comparison companies,, used to be able to add several with commas and insert all at once.. Now have to individuals one at time.

When adding comparison companies,, used to be able to add several with commas and insert all at once.. Now have to individuals one at time.
    I like the old way , add several at once with commas

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Something wrong with the DUK price/% change

The stock price closed at $90.58 on 11/15/17 and is currently trading at $89.20. But the price change is showing only -$.48, -.54%. It's not just Yahoo either. Morningstar is showing the same bad data. However, Google Finance has it right.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New charts causing Firefox to crash

Your new charting system is causing Firefox to crash. Although the charts display correctly initially, after about 20-30 seconds and presumably when data is updating, Firefox crashes. This is happening on two different computers so is not computer specific. Both computers are up-to-date and are on Windows 10.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  9 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. PUT market indexes up top

WHen viewing the large chart and my watch list the NSADAQ, S&P and DOW tickers are no longer visible. THerefore I have to switch views all the time to see how my watch list is reacting to the market.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Missing are direct links to jump to the basic view of the companies on the chart.

Not really a "new" feature. Just an old one thoughtlessly taken away:
    Add direct links to jump to the basic view of the companies on the chart.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. scroll

When I manually set the start and end times for the chart, I don't want the dynamic update to change them. For some reason, when the current time is within the range, the chart automatically shifts the start time as actual time passes. So, for example, if I set the start time of a chart to yesterday's close, one minute later, the chart resets the start time to today's open. And then it keeps moving from there.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. option for gridline would be nice with selection of period

nice if grid lines were an option or at least between years rather than simply the shading.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base