Skip to content

Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Charts Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

If you are experiencing issues with our charts, we recommend trying the following steps before reaching out to us:
  1. Refresh: Reload the page to see if the issue resolves itself.
  2. Browser Troubleshooting: Check our browser troubleshooting guide for tips on resolving common browser-related issues.
If the problem persists after trying the above steps, please don’t hesitate to submit feedback and we will get on it.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

992 results found

1. New Charts

Colors inside of Bollinger bands is distracting
    No adds
    Larger graph
    Put theother markets in current time at top
    Old version looked cleaner and crisper
    You could save yourself the bad comments and just return the graphs to the way they were.
    There does not seem to be any imporvments, just things that do not work as well.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. after showing chart, make it easy to return to portfolio

after showing chart, make it easy to return to portfolio

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to see the events, namely earning report date, on the chart. When I go to settings and turn 'events' on, nothing changes. Fix it.

Chart events not showing up. Earnings is the single most important chart marker to have. How a stock performs on a chart is largely driven by past or upcoming earnings. Why is this marker not able to be added when all of the useless technical fluff indicators are?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring back the graphs for after-hours trading! Bring back the performance percentages for 1-month, 1-year, 5-year, etc.!

Bring back graphs for after-hours trading! Bring back the performance percentages for 1-month, 1-year, 5-years, etc.!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Wants 200 MA that goes back more than 30 days | Charts too small | 1yr price change summary

So many problems with 50/200 day moving averages (for example, how can a stock that has been around for many years not have a 200-day moving average that goes back more than 30 days?

Charts are too small (height), so you can't see minor changes in lines when looking at 1-yr charts or longer

I liked being able to see the 1-year change in price summarized on the chart, and that seems to be gone now.

Noticed a bunch of charts that seem to add in extra days at the same price to the right edge of the chart, which…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Now there's no scale. Now the perception is skewed.

There's no chart scaling feature. The narrow rectangular box skews data nand gives a wrong impression of performance on the chart. Clearly this new feature was not made by anyone who reads charts for a living. I can't even think of one reason, now, to ever use Yahoo again. Was that your goal? Jesus! What a bunch of **** ups.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Charts could be good but they have a big banner at the bottom of the page which causes chart view to be too small

So now I have given the new charts a quick try. I quit using Yahoo because they messed them up so bad. Now the charts could be good but the way I see it they have a big banner at the bottom of the page which causes the chart view to be too small. I am sticking with Tradingview.com for charts. Way better and all you do is type the Call letters and boom there is the chart. With Yahoo you have to go to the Quote area click on that then input the Call letters and WAIT - then…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wants to compare multiple stocks @ once in charts by separating tickers w/ commas in search field

I have long used Yahoo charts to view groups of funds or stocks by copy paste. E.g., I paste
    xlv,iyh,ihf,ihi,ihe
    into the compare window, hit enter and get a view of all these funds in a few quick clicks. I do this for a long list of funds and stocks.
    I can't do this now. Grrrr

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. the new charts are great but i would still like to see the earning's and dividend dates on the chart. otherwise a real improvement.

the new charts are great but i would still like to see the earning's and dividend dates on the chart. otherwise a real improvement.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. watchlist is so small now ... and cut off by massive ad bar at the bottom ... please fix

watchlist is so small font now ... and cut off by massive ad bar at the bottom ... please fix

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have to leave the website completely to go back to where I was. And this chart loads like a slug.

Chart loads like a slug and then I have to completely leave the website to go back. You guys are killing me financially.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Copy and Past into chart comparison.

The new chart tool returns an error when I try to cut and past ticker symbols into the comparison box. The current tool allows me to do this and is a nice quick way to add multiple symbols

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. when you click on the right-hand side Watchlist symbols, It doesn’t stay on the Chart screen

Now, you have enclosed the "watchlist" next to the chart. Thank you for listening our request. However, it always return to the TOP of the "watchlist" when you click on the other symbol which located the bottom of the "watchlist". It just doesn't stay the screen you wanted to view.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. < Back

To the left side of the purple Yahoo! Finance title header is the < Back button. Click on it and I get the summary page; not back. I was never on the summary page, so this button doesn't take you "back". re lable it 'go to summary', or fix it so I actually go 'back'.
    ie. I arrived at this new chart from my portfolio summary view. I clicked on the day chart in my portfolio summary view and came forward to this new chart. So clicking a back button should take me back to my portfolio summary view, not…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Report the % change by default

Report the % change in a given timeframe (e.g. YTD, 1 year) BY DEFAULT. Currently, you must hover the mouse over the last price to see the % change.

Also, when you're comparing two or more assets, you should be able to see the % change for EACH asset at any point in time. This allows you to compare the assets over time by % change.

Overall, your new charting system is vastly inferior to your old one, which worked quite well. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Link the 'Back' option directly to the stock's portfolio location, NOT the homepage of the stock/Yahoo.

Yes, the side bar accomplishes the same intent, however, if a person has multiple watchlists, then it is too slow to scroll down and find the correct watchlist. 'Back' directly to the stocks portfolio would be much more user friendly.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. why do you treat mutual fund distributions which reduce share price but not share value as losses? This is idiotic

why do you continue to treat mutual fund distributions which reduce share price but not share value as losses? This is idiotic and has been going on for years. This makes the charts useless.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. need average volume line

average volume line superimposed over the volume tics was handy

We're glad you're here