Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Separate volume bars from price chart

There should be an option to choose between the daily volume chart as an overlay or as a separate chart below the price chart. On some securities there is an obscuring conflict between volume bars and price candles.

77th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. we need dark line to separate volume and price chart

Need to have dark line to separate volume and price chart and we also need to have slightly visible gray horizontal line for the price interval. Please add slightly visible vertical line for each year as well.
    All of these will make the chart a lot easier to read and more beautiful

95th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add running averages (3, 10, 20, 50 days) in one go and let the selection be saved so that it is also seen next time I open the page.

Please let it be possible AGAIN to add running averages (3, 10, 20, 50 days) in one go and let the selection be saved so that it is also seen next time I open the page.

107th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Weekly chart should present current week

Weekly charts are even more useful if they also show the current week--even if the current week is no more than a day old.

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Move Zoom Icon Higher or Lower

If you could move the PlusMinus Zoom icon from lower middle of main chart to above YTD on "Indicators/Comparison" line, or below chart to middle inline with the "In partnership with ChartIQ", that would be really hot. Would very nicely cleanup candlesticks with the crosshair. Yes, I know I could just scroll left or right, but I'm lazy and would rather have the computer do something for me.

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Increased space for indicator lines and values

Dates and other titles take up too much room at the bottom of full screen charts. Only one indiator can be displayed fully. Please reduce/eliminate titles at the bottom to provide more space for the second indicator line and values box.

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. trendline

Can the chart's trendline show "annualised change"

currently just showing: number of bars and total change...

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. how do we delete this new "Trade" column that was added to the portfolio view?

The new "Trade" button screws up my spreadsheet when I try to copy and paste portfolio tickers into Excel. If people dont want to use it, then there should be an option to disable it

128th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Google Finance - google had some great features, please vote, please incorporate a few of them on the full screen interactive chart.

• Add a 10 year interactive chart feature.

• Add days of the week on the weekly chart (Mon,Tues,Wedn, etc).

• Percentage gain or loss for a correlating period on the interactive chart.

• Above the daily interactive chart: company name and symbol, current
      price & % change, open, high, low, 52 week high/low, volume, etc.

• Live data/prices for related companies in the same sector (for live price
      comparison reasons)

• Include a link to SEC filings, what a great quick tool for viewing
      filings/Form 4's, 13G's, 13D's, etc.

• The interactive chart does not have to be so LARGE, and the chart
      'lines'are so straight/rigid....…

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. horizontal line separation for weekly interval and month intervals ....

horizontal line separation for weekly interval and month intervals ....

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can you add VWMA technical indiacator and renko charts for 1mins

Dear sir,

I liked yahoo finance and it is great too use.
    I would also like to request you that if your team could add VWMA technical indiacator and RENKO charts for 1mins for us.

I hope to hear soon from you about adding these requested features.

Thanks and Regards
    Ashutosh Mehta

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mutual funds that are retired shouldn't turn up in search

While researching, say, a Canadian mutual fund company named Mawer. Their funds are always sold with a numeric code, eg MAW102.
    Searches on the code should find the fund
    Instead the french/english descriptions are used which is ok but it seems to have strange old data, some price histories end in 2015 while the fund is most definitely still there.

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link the 'Back' option directly to the stock's portfolio location, NOT the homepage of the stock/Yahoo.

Yes, the side bar accomplishes the same intent, however, if a person has multiple watchlists, then it is too slow to scroll down and find the correct watchlist. 'Back' directly to the stocks portfolio would be much more user friendly.

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. watchlist

use https://www.investing.com/ portfolio format for accessing watchlists it is much more user friendly

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add a line type option like hashed or dashed - less difficult to distinguish than colors, and less intrusive than thickness

Please add a line type option like hashed or dashed - less difficult to distinguish than colors, and less intrusive than thickness

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Date range for interactive charts to be in English if the rest of the page is too.

Currently the days of the week come up in Cyrillic, although I am not sure if it is Bulgarian, Ukranian or Russian.

The rest of it is English, eg the month name.

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. when i point my curson on a line of ohlc on a chart...

when i point my curson on a line of ohlc on a chart...and keep it there stable to check the high, low, close etc...it quickly dissapears...and i need to put it again

I don't understand why? You need to fix it so that the prices high, low, close, open stay there until i move my curson again

95th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include Heikin Ashi Chart style

Please Include heikin Ashi Chart style

128th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base