Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Now there's no scale. Now the perception is skewed.

There's no chart scaling feature. The narrow rectangular box skews data nand gives a wrong impression of performance on the chart. Clearly this new feature was not made by anyone who reads charts for a living. I can't even think of one reason, now, to ever use Yahoo again. Was that your goal? Jesus! What a bunch of **** ups.

34th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. option for gridline would be nice with selection of period

nice if grid lines were an option or at least between years rather than simply the shading.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be nice if the charts resized vertically to use up the blank space at the bottom of the page.

Charts are generally similar, the added indicators are nice however it would be nice if the chart scale does not adjust to use the blank space(and thereby clarify the bars) at the bottom. Instead of a static size the scale should be adjusted relative to the screen and not allot as much space to the buttons and tabs etc. at the bottom of the page.

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1- put Moving Average back to the way it was with one "window" to adjust all.

1- put Moving Average back to the way it was with one "window" to adjust all.

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Copy and Past into chart comparison.

The new chart tool returns an error when I try to cut and past ticker symbols into the comparison box. The current tool allows me to do this and is a nice quick way to add multiple symbols

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MACD Divergence

Bless your hearts for restoring the classic charts while continuing to work on improving beta charts. The beta chart doesn't include a digital readout for the MACD Divergence indicator. Would you be kind enough to include it in front of the MACD and Signal indicators, like the classic chart? Thanks in advance for all your hard work.

39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delta Airlines

When I research Delta Airlines on the summary page it indicates that the 1 year target price is 0.40, which I would believe to be an error and then on the analyst page, it indicates that there are about 16 analysts following the stock, but none of the "Earnings Estimates", "Revenue Estimates", "Earnings History", "EPS Trend", "EPS Revisions" and "Growth Estimates" have any data, I would believe this to also be inaccurate.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Thanks for your post.

We’re having our Engineering Team look into this! We appreciate your patience & bringing this to our attention.

Best,
    Finance Support

8. Please add in the options of the "day watch" view in addition to the day chart, also one and three years chart. In order to have place for m

Please add in the options of the very useful "day watch view" in addition to the day chart, also one and three years chart. In order to have place for more columns, in one view, write all headlines in two or even three row. Also keep the headlines in view when moving down through the rows of the table.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Weekly chart should present current week

Weekly charts are even more useful if they also show the current week--even if the current week is no more than a day old.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The charts are lacking the horizontal line indicating the previous day's closing value - this feature was present in the old version of the

The charts are lacking the horizontal line indicating the previous day's closing value - this feature was present in the old version of the charts. This is a vital feature - I can't believe you removed it. As with most of the problems with the new format, this problem can be solved simply by reverting to the old format.

25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Until you complete all improvements, please retain the old for the customers. If anybody wants to go to new charts, there is a choise.

Until you complete all improvements, please retain the old for the customers. If anybody wants to go to new charts, there is a choise.

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The old charts were a lot easier to read.

old charts were a lot easier to read for a semi-novice like me. the moving averages are obscured, e.g., the 4ema. details like that were crystal clear in the old charts.

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  67 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The old interface was better in many ways. It is harder to navigate between stocks now and lines do not all show up as configured (still).

1. For several months the lines in the graphs when I add 3 simple moving averages do not always fully render. I could get around it by making the lines really thick.... annoying. New interface does not have option to make them thicker. not all 3 lines show up as configured.

2. When I get the graph settings I want, I want to be able to step through each stock in my portfolio. This was missing, you have re-added it, but it always goes back to top, so I have to scroll down and find my place every time.

3. The only reason…
    1st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  297 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the color bars above the 'indicators' as you had in the original charts

you should add the color indicator bars above the legends for the 'indicators' as they were in the original charts

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. when moving from 1 year to 2 year chart moving averages should still be daily and chart using daily prices as default not moving to weekly

Moving averages when move from one year to 2 year chart shift to weekly . Should stay daily for both prices of stocks and moving averages verses moving to weekly. Only when go to 5 years MA should change to weekly

18th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Wants 200 MA that goes back more than 30 days | Charts too small | 1yr price change summary

So many problems with 50/200 day moving averages (for example, how can a stock that has been around for many years not have a 200-day moving average that goes back more than 30 days?

Charts are too small (height), so you can't see minor changes in lines when looking at 1-yr charts or longer

I liked being able to see the 1-year change in price summarized on the chart, and that seems to be gone now.

Noticed a bunch of charts that seem to add in extra days at the same price to the right edge of the chart, which…

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The graph is displayed as a horizontal line. Where can I send you a screenshot?

The graph is displayed as a horizontal line. Where can I send you a screenshot?

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ticker symbol should be also shown in the chart when mouce moves to a line.

Different colors can be used to show different stocks when many symbols are compared. It is difficult to see which line is which stock with just color alone. When mouth is on the line, line is thickening and it should also show Ticker symbol as a small pop-up.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Futures Chains Don't Sort Correctly

Futures chains sort by the text rendering of the contract date making the contracts appear out of chronological order. For example "RBOB Gasoline Nov 17" appears before "RBOB Gasoline Oct 17" when it should appear below it. This makes using the chain much more difficult.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. the page layout wastes a ton of valuable usable space.

Wow the page layout wastes a ton of valuable usable space.
    People use your charts because they need viewable readable data.
    You've got a huge add banner ( I get it you've got to advertise) so big it blocks the date range on the vertical axis. your banner is full screen width and 1.5 inches high, seriously? I only have a 13.5 inch diagonal screen on my laptop and you just filled 22% of my screen with a banner; thats excessive.
    Possible solution: Above the chart is the "quote look up" field. Move it up a bit to the purple…

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base