Skip to content

Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Charts Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

If you are experiencing issues with our charts, we recommend trying the following steps before reaching out to us:
  1. Refresh: Reload the page to see if the issue resolves itself.
  2. Browser Troubleshooting: Check our browser troubleshooting guide for tips on resolving common browser-related issues.
If the problem persists after trying the above steps, please don’t hesitate to submit feedback and we will get on it.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. The old interface was better in many ways. It is harder to navigate between stocks now and lines do not all show up as configured (still).

1. For several months the lines in the graphs when I add 3 simple moving averages do not always fully render. I could get around it by making the lines really thick.... annoying. New interface does not have option to make them thicker. not all 3 lines show up as configured.
    2. When I get the graph settings I want, I want to be able to step through each stock in my portfolio. This was missing, you have re-added it, but it always goes back to top, so I have to scroll down and find my place every time.
    3. The only reason…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The old charts were a lot easier to read.

old charts were a lot easier to read for a semi-novice like me. the moving averages are obscured, e.g., the 4ema. details like that were crystal clear in the old charts.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Until you complete all improvements, please retain the old for the customers. If anybody wants to go to new charts, there is a choise.

Until you complete all improvements, please retain the old for the customers. If anybody wants to go to new charts, there is a choise.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Old charts had better info/easier to see

Old charts displayed the color associated with each moving average or bollinger band for easy reference. Also, if you moused over past dates, the historic values would display for the averages and BBs.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. the page layout wastes a ton of valuable usable space.

Wow the page layout wastes a ton of valuable usable space.
    People use your charts because they need viewable readable data.
    You've got a huge add banner ( I get it you've got to advertise) so big it blocks the date range on the vertical axis. your banner is full screen width and 1.5 inches high, seriously? I only have a 13.5 inch diagonal screen on my laptop and you just filled 22% of my screen with a banner; thats excessive.
    Possible solution: Above the chart is the "quote look up" field. Move it up a bit to the purple…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. please use previous chart format. new 1m, 5d, 1d charts are not readable.

please use the previous chart format. the 1m, 5d, 1d, new charts are not useful which every day to trade ETF's. Not being able to effectively use
    charts daily are very disturbing and is costing me money!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Trouble with the Indicators

1st of all- START LISTENING TO THE FEEDBACK...your indicators don't work!!! All you had to do is small incremental changes to your old charts. There was no need to ***** up the whole thing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unfriendly to use, Unease to view, Line not able to bold, chart way too long horizontally.

Unfriendly to use, Unease to view, Line not able to bold, chart totally can see clearly, Idiot. Chart way too long horizontally.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is so much wrong, don't know where to start. No interday values, sliding scale sucks, no path to the specifics page

There is so much wrong, don't know where to start. No interday values, sliding scale sucks, no path to the specifics page, no easy history, no memory, do you actually have any developers that are investors?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. premarket and aftermarket missing

premarket and aftermarket missing

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The lines are not as clear edged and precise as the older version. The look smoother which is not good: want to see the exact corners

The lines are not as clear edged and precise as the older version. The look smoother which is not good: want to see the exact corners

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when moving from 1 year to 2 year chart moving averages should still be daily and chart using daily prices as default not moving to weekly

Moving averages when move from one year to 2 year chart shift to weekly . Should stay daily for both prices of stocks and moving averages verses moving to weekly. Only when go to 5 years MA should change to weekly

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. watchlist resets to the top of the list every time I click on a ticker, then I have to scroll down each time to find the next ticker

the list is back, thats good. However, every time I click a new ticker from my list, the list resets back to the top and I have to scroll all the way back down to find where I left off to find my next ticker. I have over 100 tickers in my list and have a few different portfolio lists. Please when I click to load a graph leave the list unmoved so I can check the charts of one stock to the next to the next to the next and so on without having to scroll to find my…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Changes are always annoying

Why to change? People get used to one chart, and then you switch. Get used to new and switch again! Please, stop! Yeah, this one is smoother but I really dislike the lack of saturation/contrast and thickness in colored bar red and green. And where does the current day volume keeps disappering after page loaded (using chrome)? Its so annoying.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Go back to the old charts

Developers. I have one question for you. Are you doing it intendent to create chaos at stock market? Compare result yesterday and today and you'll see how many harm you did. No thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You started destroying good charts... Sadly...

"Add to watchlist" appeared in place " Quote Lookup" So if you have 3-4 charts on the screen you can't see more imported "Quote Lookup" without adjustment. Guys, STOP "innovating" charts!!! Let us work calmly !!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. setting up moving average lines is not straightforward and stock list symbols display "default" chart

When I choose a symbol from my list, I get a "default" chart. Not a chart with the indicators I set up. I now have to type in every symbol to get the chart I want.

It's not at all obvious how to add two moving average lines. I finally figured it out but it wasn't at all straightforward.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The new chart is inferior to the old chart. Consider bringing it back.

Can't get rid of recent quotes on left of chart. Lines are not bold enough. Prefer comparison quotes on top. Many times comparisons are the same color so you have to go and change the colors. Can't change the color of the main stock you are trying to compare it to. I prefer the main stock to be red. Not as intuitive as the old Chart platform.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New Charts

Colors inside of Bollinger bands is distracting
    No adds
    Larger graph
    Put theother markets in current time at top
    Old version looked cleaner and crisper
    You could save yourself the bad comments and just return the graphs to the way they were.
    There does not seem to be any imporvments, just things that do not work as well.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base