Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Yahoo stock, ETF and mutual fund charts have some major defects. They are extremely difficult to get it properly positioned on the page.

The Yahoo financial data chart on Yahoo is one of the worst. It jumps off the screen, and it can never be positioned properly on the page. For investors checking their investments, a cumulative graph is necessary in addition to the price graph. Morningstar gives an excellent graph. The ETrade website has a good cumulative graph with overlapping price graph. Reuters financial also has an excellent cumulative graph.

179th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crypto is a different beast - you need to add more decimal places so people can actually see the numbers. BTC:DGB is a good example.

Crypto is a different beast - you need to add more decimal places so people can actually see the numbers. BTC:DGB is a good example.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to be able to roll the charts up and down as well as back and forth.

The charts cannot be rolled up and down. If I expand the charts to better be able to identify the candles, it disappears below the bottom of the chart and cannot be seen because I cannot roll the chart up. I would like to be able the roll the charts up and down in each window as well as back and forth.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Makes Charts exportable on spreadsheets

I want to take this information and put it into a spreadsheet. How can i do that? Please make a feature

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'd like to see the ending close of yesterday's Dow to compare with the current day's graph on the chart itself, not from a dropdown menu.

Charts are lacking the horizontal line indicating the previous day's closing value as it was on the previous version. Please include this. thank you.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. On full screen chart page need link new window/tab for the secuity

Hello Y!Finance,
    First off, I like the new charting tools. Thank you!
    This is for the full page charts. I like having the collapsible security list on the right. That makes it very easy to view different symbols quickly.
    My idea is to have the security name in the upper left be a link to a new window/tab that displays the security's quote summary page (to the background if possible). That way I can quickly scan 20 securities, look at the charts, identify the ones I want to look into further. When done with the scan, I now have 4…

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hovering

With comparison if you hover over a stock line it does go bold but will it also highlight which stock it is, as I have may on each comparison chart. It is just time consuming to try to match colors when you have 15 stock on it. At one time I think it did this feature. IS there a hidden key for this? Thanks

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Plot the FTSE from the market open, 12:00 AM PST. Otherwise it is useless info.

Plot the FTSE from market open 12:00 AM PST please, otherwise it is useless info. Globex trades 24/6 and is seriously affected by foreign markets. FTSE is paramount when trading the E-minis.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need ability to temporarily "ghost" a ticker's curve on comparison charts so can see info behind it

With the old charts. if one ticker over-lapped a 2nd ticker's info, you could "ghost" (temporarily hide) the first ticker, allowing you to read the 2nd ticker's data. This seems to be missing on the new charts.

This feature would save having to delete the first ticker, read the 2nd ticker, then go through re-entering the first ticker, re-selecting its color & its line width, and re-saving it

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Yahoo finance summary pages of particular company

There must be icon for time period like one year or one day, to choose for display at first appearing on summary page chart of a ticker. it might be there hidden some where but not easily accessable. It is important for a buyer to see the performance of certain company at lease in the past one to 10 year.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PUT market indexes up top

WHen viewing the large chart and my watch list the NSADAQ, S&P and DOW tickers are no longer visible. THerefore I have to switch views all the time to see how my watch list is reacting to the market.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Robert,

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like you’re wanting the indexes to be on the top vs where they’re located on the right side. Let us know if that’s what you’re requesting.

Best,
    Finance Support

14. I like it a lot, but can I share it without giving away my identity?

Allow me to share without giving away my identity

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Missing are direct links to jump to the basic view of the companies on the chart.

Not really a "new" feature. Just an old one thoughtlessly taken away:
    Add direct links to jump to the basic view of the companies on the chart.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. scroll

When I manually set the start and end times for the chart, I don't want the dynamic update to change them. For some reason, when the current time is within the range, the chart automatically shifts the start time as actual time passes. So, for example, if I set the start time of a chart to yesterday's close, one minute later, the chart resets the start time to today's open. And then it keeps moving from there.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Duplicate a Portfolio - function enhancement request

I'd like to request for a function enhancement that we can duplicate our existing portfolio and rename it a new name. This way I can split my portfolio into sub-portfolios as it develops. Thank you.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. columns

It would be nice if we could reqrganize the columns

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need fixes in MFI and default view.

Money Flow Index: Please have the crosshair cursor reflect the horizonal value and not the vertical value when moved around inside its' box area.

Default View: Please default to not showing the slide out tab (on the right side) of prior symbols when entering a new or prior symbol.

Thanks much if you fix...

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make "newest reaction" the default

Under conversations, please make "newest reaction" the default; or allow users to select a default.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base