Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I like it a lot, but can I share it without giving away my identity?

Allow me to share without giving away my identity

175th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Missing are direct links to jump to the basic view of the companies on the chart.

Not really a "new" feature. Just an old one thoughtlessly taken away:
    Add direct links to jump to the basic view of the companies on the chart.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. scroll

When I manually set the start and end times for the chart, I don't want the dynamic update to change them. For some reason, when the current time is within the range, the chart automatically shifts the start time as actual time passes. So, for example, if I set the start time of a chart to yesterday's close, one minute later, the chart resets the start time to today's open. And then it keeps moving from there.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Duplicate a Portfolio - function enhancement request

I'd like to request for a function enhancement that we can duplicate our existing portfolio and rename it a new name. This way I can split my portfolio into sub-portfolios as it develops. Thank you.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. columns

It would be nice if we could reqrganize the columns

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need fixes in MFI and default view.

Money Flow Index: Please have the crosshair cursor reflect the horizonal value and not the vertical value when moved around inside its' box area.

Default View: Please default to not showing the slide out tab (on the right side) of prior symbols when entering a new or prior symbol.

Thanks much if you fix...

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make "newest reaction" the default

Under conversations, please make "newest reaction" the default; or allow users to select a default.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DATE FORMAT

I would like to add option to display date in European format.
    DD/MM/YR

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. THE EARNINGS ESTIMATES ARE OFF BY ONE YEAR FOR THE 2018 AND 2019 ESTIMATES. THESE ARE ACTUALLY 2017 AND 2018 EARNINGS ESTIMATES

THE EARNINGS ESTIMATES ARE OFF BY ONE YEAR FOR THE 2018 AND 2019 ESTIMATES. THESE ARE ACTUALLY 2017 AND 2018 EARNINGS ESTIMATES

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In “Interval” drop down menu, add “1 Quarter” option + In “Price Pattern” drop down menu, add line overlaying candle

1. In "Interval" drop down menu, please consider adding "1 Quarter" option.

2. In "Price Pattern" drop down menu, along with "Line" only and "Candle" only options, please consider adding "Line - Candle" (line overlaying candle) option.

Thanks

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Thumb wheel is used inappropriately if you are actually interested in specific data.

Please, please remove the feature that changes the time scale due to the thumb wheel. Extremely bad for technical judgments.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. list of macro readings in economic calendar

The list of macro readings and estimates contained in your table are a hodgepodge of stats from all over the world -- No one gives a s--t what the PMI is from the Emirates. Why dont you organize it by country so those of us that follow the US indicators (which I suspect is 90% of people who look at this page want to see) can see it at one glance.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. For list of stocks - I would love to have a YTD, 1 mo, 1 yr, etc button I can press and the whole list is started with that purchase price

Let's say I have a list of 20 stocks. I want to know the YTD or 1 month or 1 year, 2 year, etc gain. There is no way to do it except looking up every stock and plugging in that price as the purchase price. I should be able to press a button and instantly have the whole list seeded with a YTD purchase price, (or 1 year, etc). If you wanted to be super cool you would allow me to even pick individual stocks on the list to be seeded with YTD starting price.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. bova11

Historical Data From BOVA11.SA showing the same number when you get a chart of 5 year or when you try to download de historical data. Please, could you fix?

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I kind of like the charts, would like the stats data @ the bottom (PE, ROE, Market Cap, Dividend, etc,)

I do kinda like the charts, they could be better but they are ok. what I miss now is the data that used to be available at the bottom of the screen, such as PE, ROE, Market Cap, Dividend, etc, that kind of stuff. It would be nice to scroll down and be able to see that stuff at a glance without having to look elsewhere for it.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ASTI or Ascent Solar, the lows are correct but the highs are not even close (more decimals for penny stocks)

Who maintains these charts? ie; ASTI or Ascent Solar, the lows are correct but the highs are not even close----- who is in charge here

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bad NDX volume

Volume for September 8 and 11 for NDX is wrong - about 10x normal. These are usually cleaned up by Yahoo about a week or two afterward.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1) full screen @ Chrome , Win10

a) issue: when full screen show multiple symbol, chart lines don't refresh until click at border line with indicator pane e.g. RSI
    b) give an option to show/hide symbol name, e.g. at end of chart line
    c) issue: click on the symbol's color/line's tickness, when click 'save' dialog doesn't close.
    d) issue: when mouse scroll in chart, lines disappear

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base