Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Issues w/viewing 1 day charts, lose streaming connection, dislikes incompatibility with IE11

1) Can't view 1 day ONLY streaming charts anymore. When you select a 1D chart, 1/2 the time you get like a years worth of chart, the other 1/2 you get 2 days worth of chart. If I want to look at the 1D chart, it means I want to look at the 1D chart. Not 1.5D, 5D or 1Y. If I look at the 1D chart half way through the day, the chart should be half way complete.
    2) You now allow symbols on the right, thank god, but you've skinnied the width down too much and made the…

55th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Too much info on graphs (time consuming & slow loading)

You put up a new graph view - as of August 29, 2017, for me. The appearance of the graph is acceptable but cheap looking. It is faster than the current mess. The problem with both is you put a side list of all positions in all portfolios - so that a user can select a stock and the graph lights up. It's so time consuming and slow that it's not useable. You're trying to cram too much into this. All I need (want) is fairly simple and fast graphs. I especially want the old format detailed view back but…

55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. after showing chart, make it easy to return to portfolio

after showing chart, make it easy to return to portfolio

64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ability to edit watchlist from Charts

Could you please allow editing to the watchlist in chart view like before... so I can add/remove tickers and drag them to rearrange order

64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When one month range is selected, there is just one data point per day, giving the chart scarce information.

When one-month range is selected, there is just one data point per day, rendering the chart rather useless. There should be one data point per hour, at least, so one could see the real fluctuations within the month. Same thing for 3-months, 6-months, etc.

64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. why do you treat mutual fund distributions which reduce share price but not share value as losses? This is idiotic

why do you continue to treat mutual fund distributions which reduce share price but not share value as losses? This is idiotic and has been going on for years. This makes the charts useless.

55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. No need for large space for daily info to left

This info takes up half the space next to the now-teeny chart on the opening page. It was available by hovering on the previous version. It isn't that important to me. Now I'm forced to make an extra click to see the info I want to see.

Previous Close 21,703.75
    Open 21,739.78
    Volume 123,595,778
    Day's Range 21,738.13 - 21,874.34
    52 Week Range 17,883.56 - 22,179.11
    Avg. Volume 294,350,468

64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dividend Data on chart

Identify on dividends the date of record and date payable in addition to the amount and the date.

64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Separate volume bars from price chart

There should be an option to choose between the daily volume chart as an overlay or as a separate chart below the price chart. On some securities there is an obscuring conflict between volume bars and price candles.

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Default line style, missing % gain/loss, issues with the "sliding" feature, missing path to details page

Why not improve what was by removing/adding features. What you have "created" is so lacking and so far from being useful that you are wasting everyone's time including your own. Main complaints are: when switching between symbols it always defaults to the line style, I always use the "new" style of colored bars; the percentage gain/loss over the display period is nowhere to be found; the "sliding" feature is actually a compression, not a sliding window in time, if I want compression I'll select the different time scales; there is no path to the "details" page from the full screen…

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Percentages of gain/loss are incorrect. They were 10 times the actual number

percentages for gain/loss were incorrect. They were ten times higher than they should have been

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. interactive chart comparisons

cannot delete comparison chart on interactive chart. Previous post reply form Yahoo says this cannot be recreated on your desktop. Try again multiple people are having the problem

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there,

Can you please confirm what browser you’re using? IE is no longer a supported browser so we do recommend trying on another if you haven’t yet. We haven’t heard any other recent issues since that post was closed.

Best.
    -Finance Support

15. 10-year function is missing - please bring old chart back until you are apples to apples

Why isn't there an easy to access 10-year chart? It just has 5-year.

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to delete the 'primary' stock in chart

I often chart stock #1, then add stock #2, #3, #4. After a while I realize that stock #1 is influencing the chart in a way I don't like, and I want to remove it from the list. However, stock #1 is never removable because the charting system has a "primary" stock. Well, can you do one of two things to fix this?

a. Remove the concept of a "primary" chart in the charting system? If this is removed from the URL structure, then in principle it should be easy for you to add an 'X' to remove the first…

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need Annual Charts or Selection of 1 - 5 year charts in views of Watchlist not Day Charts

Day Charts are not useful in the watch list views---Months and Year charts are useful. Please add the longer term chart options back into the watch list views.

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. auto update

You recently added the auto update thing...very annoying because when i study a chart and i go back lets say 5 months, it does auto update and bring me back to the beginning

how do i turn it off?

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Google Finance - google had some great features, please vote, please incorporate a few of them on the full screen interactive chart.

• Add a 10 year interactive chart feature.

• Add days of the week on the weekly chart (Mon,Tues,Wedn, etc).

• Percentage gain or loss for a correlating period on the interactive chart.

• Above the daily interactive chart: company name and symbol, current
      price & % change, open, high, low, 52 week high/low, volume, etc.

• Live data/prices for related companies in the same sector (for live price
      comparison reasons)

• Include a link to SEC filings, what a great quick tool for viewing
      filings/Form 4's, 13G's, 13D's, etc.

• The interactive chart does not have to be so LARGE, and the chart
      'lines'are so straight/rigid....…

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to see the events, namely earning report date, on the chart. When I go to settings and turn 'events' on, nothing changes. Fix it.

Chart events not showing up. Earnings is the single most important chart marker to have. How a stock performs on a chart is largely driven by past or upcoming earnings. Why is this marker not able to be added when all of the useless technical fluff indicators are?

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base