Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dividend pop up window

When in Full Screen page and hover over the dividend icon the dividend information window is displayed behind the price and moving average windows. Unable to read dividend information. Is it possible, while hovering over the dividend icon, the dividend information can be displayed over other setting information? Thank you.

79th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hey! Yahoo! Did you stop trying to make improvements to the new charts?

I look at these charts almost everyday, and you haven't made any changes or improvements in at least a month? I applaud that initially you were making improvements almost daily, but where has that effort gone? There is still so much to do.

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. We’re definitely listening to feedback. Let us know specifically what feature you want changed or improved.

Best,
    -Finance Support

3. When adding comparison companies,, used to be able to add several with commas and insert all at once.. Now have to individuals one at time.

When adding comparison companies,, used to be able to add several with commas and insert all at once.. Now have to individuals one at time.
    I like the old way , add several at once with commas

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You don't show the number of shares traded.

You show the trades but I don't know how many shares where traded on any of the spikes

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VERY DIFFICULT TO VIEW CANDLESTICK CHART

VERY DIFFICULT TO VIEW CANDLESTICK CHART - IT'S A WORTHLESS POS

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Would like Portfolio Performance Chart enabling a continuous monitoring through time

It would be very useful for a Portfolio Performance chart enabling a continuous monitoring through time....

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The D of dividend hides the graph. It should appear lower and away from the chart line.

The D of dividend hides the graph. It should appear lower and away from the chart line.

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. count down for market open and close needed

I miss seeing the notation indicating when the marker was open and close, including the count down.

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1- put Moving Average back to the way it was with one "window" to adjust all.

1- put Moving Average back to the way it was with one "window" to adjust all.

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the color bars above the 'indicators' as you had in the original charts

you should add the color indicator bars above the legends for the 'indicators' as they were in the original charts

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. put the futures of sp and nasdaq etc back on top. make the right site wider with the wachtlist. Show the colors used for the moving average

put the futures of sp and nasdaq etc back on top. make the right site wider with the wachtlist. Show the colors used for the moving average

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The duration controls on the new chart should be expanded greatly.

Love the new chart 9/2/2017. Only thing I'd change are the duration controls. Simply add more. Or allow us to setup the controls that we want to use. My chart has radio buttons for the following time frames:
    5-min intraday line :
    1,2 or 4 hours.
    1,2,3,4,5,10,15,20,25,30,40 or 50 days.

EOD line:
    1,2,3,4,6,9,12,15 or 18 months.
    1,2,3,4,5 or 10 years.

You have YTD. Why?

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Nice new charting but a few bugs! such as: doesn t show proper period when select over 1 y or above. 1) I can not download historical data

Hi

Nice new charting but a few bugs! such as: doesn t show proper period when select over 1 y or above.
    1) I can not download historical data from excel( data- from web).
    2) Can you add in (+add indicator), fibonnaci retracement, thanks.

LS

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stock chart

I've been using Yahoo finance for years. The thing I don't like about it is the stock charts. The chart is not very visually appealing. Remember when google finance had their charts. I always used their's over the yahoo one. I don't like that it's a strip and not the full screen. Finviz and barcharts also have nicer looking charts.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can you please add Elliot Waves to the indicators. additionally the Fibonacci Tool needs three point selector to become more accurate IMO.

Can you please add Elliot Waves to the indicators. additionally the Fibonacci Tool needs three point selector to become more accurate IMO.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. auto refresh

Imagine i open a chart ok...and then i go back 2-3 months studying it..and all of a sudden auto refresh happens..and loads the chart from the beginning and i lose my thought and study and need to go back and find the spot that i was, ....very very annoying...how can i take auto refresh off?

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. when i point my curson on a line of ohlc on a chart...

when i point my curson on a line of ohlc on a chart...and keep it there stable to check the high, low, close etc...it quickly dissapears...and i need to put it again

I don't understand why? You need to fix it so that the prices high, low, close, open stay there until i move my curson again

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. before the open, stocks and ETF(N) charts were available

You used to display charts before the open, you no longer seem to do this. I would like to see this functionality reinstated. Now I get chart is not available.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the Draw function easier to edit after you have drawn a line, text, etc and need to come back to it.

I had trouble editing text, arrows, and colors of the lines. A button that you can get to a mouse arrow that can select objects you have drawn, and also can double click to edit them would help.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please don't read cookies for multiple charts (don't automatically save indicator/setting preferences)

When I opened up multiple charts, except the new ticker that I entered,
    the old tickers showed up in every chart, and they shouldn't.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback.

In the meantime, you can click the “Reset” button in the right-hand corner of Charts to remove all of the previously chosen indicator and comparisons.

Thanks!

-Finance Support

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base