Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically display data for most recent day unless the mouse hovers over another day.

Old version did this. And retained data display (indicators and open/high/low/close box) when mouse left the chart window. Very good feature that you trashed! Grrr...

132nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. retain price history after symbol change

A stock changed its name and symbol recently ('Scientific Metals' to 'US Coblat'). But price history before the change is apparently not retained; not even reflected by the current chart, as if the stock was a new issue. That is silly and annoying. It's downright inexplicable.

132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ASTI or Ascent Solar, the lows are correct but the highs are not even close (more decimals for penny stocks)

Who maintains these charts? ie; ASTI or Ascent Solar, the lows are correct but the highs are not even close----- who is in charge here

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Basic chart becomes too compressed when indicators are added. This makes the basic chart virturally useless. Advertising should be put on th

Basic chart becomes too compressed when indicators are added. This makes the basic chart virtually useless. Advertising should be put on the side rather than underneath the chart. Currently it takes almost 25% of the vertical space causing the basic chart's compression.

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bad NDX volume

Volume for September 8 and 11 for NDX is wrong - about 10x normal. These are usually cleaned up by Yahoo about a week or two afterward.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Vote down! No control over thickness of av. line, I use 50 day, 20 day, 10 day. Can't control just adding another av. by using a + sign.

Vote down! No control over thickness of av. line, I use 50 day, 20 day, 10 day. Can't control just adding another av. by using a + sign. Best to use some experienced programers, rather than "kids".

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1) full screen @ Chrome , Win10

a) issue: when full screen show multiple symbol, chart lines don't refresh until click at border line with indicator pane e.g. RSI
    b) give an option to show/hide symbol name, e.g. at end of chart line
    c) issue: click on the symbol's color/line's tickness, when click 'save' dialog doesn't close.
    d) issue: when mouse scroll in chart, lines disappear

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the description of the stock or mutual fund right under the Symbol as before

Add the description of the stock or mutual fund right under the Symbol as before. Otherwise it takes time to identify what the Symbol represents.

Make full use of the available screen space as before. Chart is too narrow.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No streaming data on 1Bar (OHLC) viewing in daily+ chart

Why no streaming data on 1 bar of today when we view it in daily chart (3M, 6M, 1Yr etc)? this is an essential function for every investors and a function that presented in old Yahoo! Finance Stock Chart! Please add it back!

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. vertical space too small reserved to what is important: the plpot of the data

The vertical space for the chart is too small.
    A lot of space is used for header, footer and advertisement.

If my browser window is not maximise (but still a big window, something like 1060x646), the space for the vertical axes is very very small, Great part of the vertical axes spaces is then used for the volume (the bottom part), and the top part is unused.)

The result is that the part of the windows used for really plot the graph is really really small (in vertical direction).

And the result of that is that almost always, what I…

32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. the separator space on each of the technicals is too wide, taking up space . please narrow it up

the separator space on each of the technicals is too wide, taking up space, i use the 5Days chart, everything is so small already, please narrow useless space

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Want to: view stocks in a watchlist by pressing space bar instead of "enter", graph in all color with 3 thickness, see % chg w/click + drag

The old chart work better for me. I used the TC2000 for over 20 years. They have all the function a stock trader want. Check it out.

Be able to view stocks in a watch list by pressing a space bar instead of enter a symbol every time. Be able to graph in all color with 3 thickness. Be able to see percent change in certain time frame by click and drag the mouse.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In full chart window, still need indices on the top or bottom of the window

In full chart window, still need indices on the top or bottom of the window, ideally which can be customerized

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Love it. I like how you put it together. One less step . thank you! Some TOLLS WILL BE NICE.

Maybe some TOOLS. That's all it needs. Thank you so much for what Yahoo is offering already.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I miss the market summary which covered total accumulation/distribution/volume for the day.

This new Chart IQ is the 3rd rendition being discussed here, very confusing. Somehow need to separate the 3.
    I do like the IQ version better than the last, however it does most of what the first covered.

Put the "original" back & all your problems are solved. Someone who uses this daily. I miss the market summary which covered total accumulation/distribution/volume for the day.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The technical indicators view for 1 day obstructed

So when you go to 1 day view and look at technical indicators the data pill is not movable and BLOCKS the information you are attempting to track and monitor. Can it be set up to drag the pill info away?

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Query feature

To query and filter stocks from my watch list, based on technical indicators.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Issues w/viewing 1 day charts, lose streaming connection, dislikes incompatibility with IE11

1) Can't view 1 day ONLY streaming charts anymore. When you select a 1D chart, 1/2 the time you get like a years worth of chart, the other 1/2 you get 2 days worth of chart. If I want to look at the 1D chart, it means I want to look at the 1D chart. Not 1.5D, 5D or 1Y. If I look at the 1D chart half way through the day, the chart should be half way complete.
    2) You now allow symbols on the right, thank god, but you've skinnied the width down too much and made the…

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base