New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Too slow, Too many unimprovements have been made.

The whole platform is very slow, maybe because of the pop up ads that are always in the side bar. Stop trying to update and make every little change, why not make an easy to use, SIMPLE, BASIC, and fast service. Every time it is updated, it seems more user unfriendly. You wouldn't have to run as many ads if you were not paying a programming team to keep making yahoo worse and worse.
    SIMPLIFY and stop changing things. Think CRAIGSLIST....

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  435 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cant open emails - moving to files takes FOREVER - its nightmare and i had refused the new email each time i was asked

Please speed up opening emails, filing emails, deleting emails
    This new system is awful, time consuming and frustrating
    I want to have the numbers of emails : Inbox, Unread, Trash, Spam.
    I want to go back to the old system ASAP

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In Accessing Contact this new yahoo is not user friend

The contacts should be available and accessible right at the top left side menu as usual. The current version does not support easy access! If you go to contacts at the top right icon, the new mail systems switches you to basic mail automatically. It's like not well settled

26th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  27 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add a button/link to add a contact from a received email

Give us back the option to create a new contact when viewing an email in our inbox.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  37 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New yahoo settings are very poor.

New yahoo settings are very poor. Extremely unimportant limited options for users, disable conversations missing, that "me" is more than irritating.Big dissapointment. Why?

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Deleting more than 50 emails is a nightmare!

Deleting more than 50 emails is a nightmare! It will not load more than 50 at a time. It just keeps spinning and spinning.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Preview of Attachments

Why do you keep messing with Yahoo mail. You NEVER 'fix' anything. You just ***** things up. The latest is that I cannot preview an attachment in my email. I hit Preview and the first page comes up for about ONE SECOND and then disappears and cannot be read. The second page and on CAN be read. What a joke! Where do you get these incompetent programmers?!

12th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop trying to force users to try the "new" Yahoo!

Stop trying to force users to try the "new" Yahoo! Speaking as one who has tried it only to go back to using the classic style, I think it is wrong to continually try to enforce change where change is not wanted or welcome.

35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blocking Spam

I do NOT like the (forced) new method of blocking spam email addresses by going through Settings, etc! Too time consuming!! PLEASE go back to the easy 'right click' method that was available in the old classic Yahoo email !!

10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Give me my old yahoo email back. I HATE this new stuff

Give me my old yahoo email back. I HATE this new stuff

45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. You seriously need an undo button!!!

I wrote a rather lengthy email only to accidentally hit some key, don't even know which & "poof" all was gone! Everything! Although I had very much wanted to send that email, it just didn't seem worth the time or effort to think what I had written & then rewrite it. So, I just didn't.

14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Attachment won't download. This is horrible. Bring back original mail. I can't switch back.

Attachment won't download. This is horrible. Bring back the old Yahoo Mail.

20th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Most Settings Options Missing

Most of the settings options under the settings (gear) icon after upgrading to the new inbox are missing. The only options I get are for changing the theme, message layout and inbox spacing. None of the other settings I used to have with the old inbox are there. I couldn't find anything in the Community Help and I can't revert back to my old inbox.

45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. cursor goes back to start when typing

when typing a new email or replying to a existing one the cursor resets to the start point at random intervals

this is extremely annoying and a sign of software that has not been tested properly

28th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I HATE the "New & Improved" Mail !!!! Stop trying to change everything !! Stop trying to "guess" what I want !! I WANT THE OLD CLASSIC MAIL

I HATE the "New & Improved" Mail !!!! Stop trying to change everything !! Stop trying to "guess" what I want !! I WANT THE OLD CLASSIC MAIL

130th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. typing an email and about 4to 5 words in it jumps up a line sometimes in the middle

when typing an email on the 4 or 5 word it jumps to the line above, often in the middle of a word. I have checked to make sure I'm not hitting an incorrect key. This update has so many things wrong with it. Please use and test all changes before implementing them!!! Do not wait for us to tell you what to fix. I'm wondering if all your people use Gmail because I can't see them putting up with this.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. mail will not load

mail will not load.

7th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  54 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. delete

The problem is that the delete boxes are rather small, and if you miss clicking the box, the message you are trying to delete opens up. when you go back to the inbox from the opened message, all of your previously clicked and waiting to be deleted emails are no longer selected.

Short of it is that it would be better to not have the area around the action box open the email if the box is missed while trying to select it.

Thanks!

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 157 158
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail*

Feedback and Knowledge Base