New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You seriously need an undo button!!!

I wrote a rather lengthy email only to accidentally hit some key, don't even know which & "poof" all was gone! Everything! Although I had very much wanted to send that email, it just didn't seem worth the time or effort to think what I had written & then rewrite it. So, I just didn't.

14th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to permanently change the mail compose window in New Mail to "Plain Text Mode"

Option to permanently change the mail compose window in New Mail to "Plain Text Mode".

Set default to Plain Text Mode in New Mail compose window.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You can take away the GIVE FEEDBACK icon and let me go back to my old email version.

Give me back the option to go back to my original email and take away the Give Feedback button.

128th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. its too much slow

its too much slow. please work on it

169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow the permanent deletion of email address so they don't pop up when typing a contacts name into the "TO" line when sending an email.

Allow the permanent deletion of incorrect email address so they don't pop up when typing a contacts name into the "TO" line when sending an email. I've had contact change their email address, so I edit it in contacts, but the old one still pops up when I go to compose an email and then I can't remember which is the correct address without looking at the contact

300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Since a few days very stupid behaviour: after 3-4 seconds jumps the cursor to the top. Very annoying :-(

Since a few days very stupid behaviour: after 3-4 seconds jumps the cursor to the top. Very annoying :-(

118th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Emails won't send, emails won't open, extremely slow for 2 days now

Emails won't send, emails won't open, extremely slow for 2 days now. What's going on? Extremely frustrating

683rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 683rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mail interface bounces a lot and links inserted by paste, go at the top and not within text body

Stop it from being so 'jumpy' and make pasted links land within the body where they are inserted.

1013th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. es muy ancho el espacio del buzón no permite ver los mail abiertos

reducir el ancho de la parte izquierda, el resto OK.

1013th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Plain text

No way to compose plain text. STOP TRYING TO BE SO HELPFUL. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

1013th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. viewer problems - make it easier to see the email you are typing

The viewer pane is so small it is difficult to compose emails. Sometimes, when I am responding to a thread, the compose viewer entirely messes up and centers on the text I am responding to so I can't see what I am typing -- even if I scroll up to where I am typing as soon as I enter a key it re-centers lower down to the message history.

1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. u can remove a lot of u annoying ads i know freee email u need make money but its much an

my idea is stop with so many annoying ads i kow u free email and we should be grateful and u need revenue perhaps instead of so many ads have better more effective ads just less of them my main isue is opening ur mail slow lately and idk but if u can fix it please do ty for being my e-mail provider

1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Very very bad, very slow..bad interface nothing compared with other mail provider, which are much better. Now i have to use only outlook

Interface should be changed. You don t see anything. Why is it very slow ? I don t know!

1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. avatar

1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ärger

Sehr schlecht gemacht , das Alte war besser und auch Optisch ansprechender, so ist das immer wenn der Macher einer Firma sie aus den Händen

1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I Cannot send emails at all.

I cannot send any emails and Drafts cannot be saved.
    The items in the spam folder cannot be made NOT SPAM.

1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I cannot get my attachments to upload to my message. I cannot email attachments larger than 25mb.

make attachments easier to upload and tell if they are being uploaded or timing out.

1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base