New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. cannot find how to add new folder

can't add New Folder - what's wtih that?

341st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Absence du suivie du telechargement des pièces jointe!!

j'ai besoin de suivre le telechargement des pièces jointe car des fois ça tourne ça tourne et je ne sais pas est ce que ça progresse ou pas.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. export emails

There should be a way to easily export your folders and emails to your desktop for a offline backup and attaching older emails to a new email.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I can't seem to be able to create new folders to file my emails. Before when I wanted to file a new email it gave me the option of "new".

I can't seem to be able to create new folders to file my emails. Before when I wanted to file a new email it gave me the option of "new". Now I can't. Please help.

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I hardly use views, but there is it is blocking the folders I use all the time so I have to scroll down. Hate the dim text, hard to read.

I hardly use views, but there is it is blocking the folders I use all the time so I have to scroll down. Hate the dim text, hard to read. Now can't add to filters via the drop down anymore. UGH to new version. Can't see all of email content unless I subscribe to a higher version to get rid of ads.

1700th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. having to hover over folder names is TOO SLOW

It is too slow to hover over folder names; I don't have time to waste on this. The old view was no longer working reliably so I was forced to switch to this new one which is not as well designed.

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. folder area - make width adjustable - can't see folder names...

folder area - make width adjustable - can't see folder names...

300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1700th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ce serait bien de pouvoir isoler en haut les mails importants (comme sur hotmail)

Ce serait bien de pouvoir isoler en haut les mails importants (comme sur hotmail)

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. move

Move a folder and all its content to another folder aka subfolder.

This is of course a common head feature for anything seventeen years in this centuary. Are we regressing now?

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Thanks for deleting all of my existing folder filters

Just want to say thanks for making my inbox a complete mess, all of my folder filters just vanished. Yahoo mail has become almost unusable. Is your design and QA teams made up of 4 year olds?

682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot create new folders while searching for folders

Ability to create folder while searching for folder (if folder doesn't exist)

115th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1700th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Subfolder

I have several folders and under the folders I'd like to be able to create a subfolder by year name example: 2016, 2017, 2018 and so on. This helps me organize my emails in the various folders. However since I already have only one subfolder named 2018 under only one folder , the system will not let me create any other 2018 subfolders under any other folders. When I try I get error response is " A folder 2018 already exists. Please choose a different name" . So now I can't create any other subfolders under any other folders by…

1700th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I can't delete my spam emails in my spam folder

I can't delete my spam emails in my spam folder. Also, my facebook some of my facebook messages are going in my spam folder. How do I fix it?

1700th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Files reverting to the inbox each time you read an email in a folder researching an item.

When trying to research an item in multiple emails in a specific folder it would be so much easier and better for the users to stay in that folder when finished reading an email on the subject without having to go back into the specific folder from the Inbox which seems to be the only folder the system or platform recognizes to stay in. With a huge pain in the tushy!!! Give me back the old version!!!!!!!!!!!!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Where you can scroll down to see your folders this comment icon is now in the way and you can't scroll down :(

Where you can scroll down to see your folders this comment icon is now in the way and you can't scroll down :(

1700th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. mark all

Could the "select all" button default to "select unread" instead. Nobody wants to delete, move, etc, ALL of their emails on a regular basis.

1700th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1700th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base