New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filters are not functional on existing mails and new incoming mails are not getting pushed (moved) to designated folder

Setting mail rules (or filters as they are called here) and saving these Filters do not move automatically mails to their folders.
    Seems like new incoming mails are not redirected to folders as well so all moving needs to be done manually.

1010th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep losing important emails through spam

The method Yahoo has developed to filter emails through spam is not effective. My new job has been put on hold because I lost a vital vetting/health form that was hidden in my spam folder. It was from a legitimate email address. Would be useful to have a more accessible spam setting page.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trash folder

Where is the trash button? I deleted some-mails by mistake & cannot even open trash to put back to email list

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. HI I am not able to see my Folders which I had created long time back and had saved my mails in those folders. Can u pls help

HI I am not able to see my Folders which I had created long time back and had saved my mails in those folders. Can u pls help

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. setting up emails to go into a folder

You used to be able to set up emails from a certain sender to go into a certain folder. That has been removed from the options and I cannot set up new sender stuff to move automatically into the folder I want it to be in. Put that option back, please!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. can't save searchs

in classic mail I can save a search and view it in folder views. in new mail i can't

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Absence du suivie du telechargement des pièces jointe!!

j'ai besoin de suivre le telechargement des pièces jointe car des fois ça tourne ça tourne et je ne sais pas est ce que ça progresse ou pas.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. export emails

There should be a way to easily export your folders and emails to your desktop for a offline backup and attaching older emails to a new email.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Where is folder management? I want to delete a folder or change the name of a folder.

Simple. Where can we either delete a folder, or change the name of the folder? We can't and I want to,.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ce serait bien de pouvoir isoler en haut les mails importants (comme sur hotmail)

Ce serait bien de pouvoir isoler en haut les mails importants (comme sur hotmail)

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Folder and sub-folders names area has been messed up

Folder and sub-folders names area has been messed up to insert wide area for ads that are annoying

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Files reverting to the inbox each time you read an email in a folder researching an item.

When trying to research an item in multiple emails in a specific folder it would be so much easier and better for the users to stay in that folder when finished reading an email on the subject without having to go back into the specific folder from the Inbox which seems to be the only folder the system or platform recognizes to stay in. With a huge pain in the tushy!!! Give me back the old version!!!!!!!!!!!!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Yahoo Groups mail is ending up in my SPAM box - WHY?

Sure would be nice if the Yahoo Groups email addresses I've designated as "not SPAM" would come into my Inbox instead of my SPAM folder.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better position to Feedback and Send Hollyday card

The Feedback and "Send a F* Hollyday card" button are bad positioned. I can't click on some of my last mail folders because these buttons are on there

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. why can't I create a new folder. I input thedesired folder name- I know there is no folder by that name- I used to be able to create a fol

Just voicing my opinion that you guys are totally lame. I want to be able to create folders at my convenience not yours. You Millennials are the dumbest bunch, Oh you can program a computer- bid deal- but you can't create anything of value.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please remove this new commentary box

Please remove this new commentary box

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I am having a lot of trouble opening my email messages, especially the emails I created folders for.

Why is it I am having problems opening emails that I have created folders for? I need to print something, but cannot, because I cannot open the email

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My folders disappeared, please contact me as to where they are!

Just bring back folders all emails and my folders are gone! No no no!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base