New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when I click "all" , I mean all the emails not just the first 50!

when I click "all" , I mean all the emails not just the first 50!

1701st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spam Folder Message Number

The old Yahoo Mail showed the number of messages in Spam Folder, convenient as a notification so I could go into the Spam Folder and determine if they were indeed Spam or something I wanted to read.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Email filter settings no longer exists

There should be a setting for email filters. The new layout has none. This should be extremely easy to setup, yet YAHOO continues to make simple tasks difficult to compete. Here's and idea. MAKE USER FRIENDLY email layout that makes it EASY and QUICK to do simple tasks.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. spam

I have had email in my spam folder, but was unaware because it used to show how many were in there. Now it does not show a number. Was lucky I checked too!

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Implementing better spam filters! At the moment spam filter is a joke. I am using a business account and there's no extra security or option

Please upgrade the Yahoo! mail's spam filter, or the total filter option if possible. Compared to Gmail or other mails the security is not impressive - even for the paid mail ids. Please look into this.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Switching Between Folders

I can't open an existing folder to access those e-mails without refreshing the page. This has happened repeatedly.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. lack of overview, convoluted chronological aggregation which generate a poor overview vs. expiring version!

lack of overview, convoluted chronological aggregation which generate a poor overview vs. expiring version!

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deleted emails return, even after emptying the trash folder. Help!

Fix this problem. Ive spent hours deleting emails and emptying trash folder, just to have the deleted emails return! HELP

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tell me what's wrong - don't just tell me it didn't work

Tried to move a message to a folder and received an error message saying roughly, "Can't do this". This error message doesn't provide any insight into what I did wrong and doesn't help me resolve the problem. I can only guess. I think what I did was try to move to the same folder (my bad), but give me some guidance.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. i want to see my folders please thnks

much better have folders bcoz some important document can move into the folders and save it there the important message of document

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow mailboxes to be tailored or at least hidden, not everybody needs "starred" "unread' and etc.

Allow mailboxes to be tailored or at least hidden, not everybody needs "starred" "unread' and etc.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I hardly use views, but there is it is blocking the folders I use all the time so I have to scroll down. Hate the dim text, hard to read.

I hardly use views, but there is it is blocking the folders I use all the time so I have to scroll down. Hate the dim text, hard to read. Now can't add to filters via the drop down anymore. UGH to new version. Can't see all of email content unless I subscribe to a higher version to get rid of ads.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Subfolder

I have several folders and under the folders I'd like to be able to create a subfolder by year name example: 2016, 2017, 2018 and so on. This helps me organize my emails in the various folders. However since I already have only one subfolder named 2018 under only one folder , the system will not let me create any other 2018 subfolders under any other folders. When I try I get error response is " A folder 2018 already exists. Please choose a different name" . So now I can't create any other subfolders under any other folders by…

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I can't delete my spam emails in my spam folder

I can't delete my spam emails in my spam folder. Also, my facebook some of my facebook messages are going in my spam folder. How do I fix it?

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Where you can scroll down to see your folders this comment icon is now in the way and you can't scroll down :(

Where you can scroll down to see your folders this comment icon is now in the way and you can't scroll down :(

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mark all

Could the "select all" button default to "select unread" instead. Nobody wants to delete, move, etc, ALL of their emails on a regular basis.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base