New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New yahoo settings are very poor.

New yahoo settings are very poor. Extremely unimportant limited options for users, disable conversations missing, that "me" is more than irritating.Big dissapointment. Why?

17th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where do I find my "mail OPTIONS"?

Can't find MAIL OPTIONS even under settings. Where is it?

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Most Settings Options Missing

Most of the settings options under the settings (gear) icon after upgrading to the new inbox are missing. The only options I get are for changing the theme, message layout and inbox spacing. None of the other settings I used to have with the old inbox are there. I couldn't find anything in the Community Help and I can't revert back to my old inbox.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I HATE the "New & Improved" Mail !!!! Stop trying to change everything !! Stop trying to "guess" what I want !! I WANT THE OLD CLASSIC MAIL

I HATE the "New & Improved" Mail !!!! Stop trying to change everything !! Stop trying to "guess" what I want !! I WANT THE OLD CLASSIC MAIL

130th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 118th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. old version

How can we go back to the old version...this is so slow. Thank you Yahoo for waisting so many people time...money. No progress is being made here.

155th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. IF IT'S NOT BROKEN - LEAVE ALONE

Why can't I revert back to Basic; I pay for Mail pro... Never Used it ...Was happy with the Basic Mail Advert Free...

When Yahoo Mail kept trying to force me to switch .... At least I had the option to switch back too Basic.

Now not for the lack of looking; The Setting - back to basic... is no longer available.

I THOUGHT ONLY RUSSIA/CHINA/N KOREA CONTROLLED YOUR EMAIL..... IF YAHOO CONTINUES WITH THEIR DRACONIAN WAYS... I WILL HAVE TO CONSIDER MY LONG TERM PLANS AND RE-LOCATE MY CONTACTS ADDRESSES TO GMAIL.

If anyone knows a way to change…

94th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow disposable email address base name to be changed

I created a base name back in the 90's, never used it, and would like to use it now, but I made a poor choice.

Please allow the disposable email address base name to be changed.

155th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Opening attachements

The mail viewed ont the i-phone is easier to use. It opens attachements easily. While on the computer screeen, it is not obvious at all : when clicking on the attachement, it opens a window down the screen, not obvious at first (!). Then the items should be clicked with right button. Well, not user-friendly at all. Furthermore, the attachement may not open at all as the mail saves the webpage and not the selected document in the directory. Maybe Word 2010 is at fault ?
    There is no place for inserting a tittle for my idea...

155th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Assessing Settings

Difficult to assess settings most of the time, This new platform is not flexible, not robust in recovery protocols.

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. time zone

I connect daily at home (Paris) and daily in the office where the proxy is in Italy. Yahoo asks me each time to update the time zone -> not needed

There is an issue with time zone : if I put a meeting at 6pm when I send to my Office Outlook I receive at 5pm (no issue with other calendars from other suppliers, so issue to Yahoo I guess)

268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. the new Yahoo Mail sucks - and I can't go back to classic even though I follow your instructions - fix this now or I switch to Gmail !

the new Yahoo Mail sucks - and I can't go back to classic even though I follow your instructions - fix this now or I switch to Gmail !

268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would the ability to remove grouping all together.

Give the user the option to remove any type of grouping. I hate that the inbox automatically breaks down by grouped dates when you choose newest to oldest or vice versa. I wish I can remove the grouping for that setting.

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Get rid of the pop-ups. They are tremedously annoying and outdated. There is no way to get rid of them.

Get rid of the pop-ups. They are tremendously annoying and outdated. There is no way to get rid of them.

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why have you made so difficult to block sender's email address? Blocking sender & setting up filter should be available by right clicking.

Blocking a sender as well as setting up a filter has become a difficult process. On email message itself, by right clicking only this feature should be made available, or on '... (three dots)' this feature should be available.

184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Font size

Inbox fonts too small! Changed in settings to extra large, with no change in font size

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Send & File button

Any sent email end up in the "Sent" Folder. You then have to move the email to the folder of your choice. There should be a "Send and File" button to simplify filing directly to a folder.

682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Closing tabs deafult moves me to wrong inbox

Small critique: When I close tabs on my desktop (Mozilla, Windows 10), the interface automatically switches me to the original email Inbox, my Yahoo address. Note: I have multiple email addresses on the left -hand side of the interface. I would rather that my interface just stay in the Inbox for the email that I've chosen, rather than making a change.

This is a problem because switching between inboxes seems to be much slower than usual. Also, when I have multiple tabs open (multiple emails open at once, in tabs), it slows down my browser considerably. Other applications run just…

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. So why cannot I have capital letters for a folder name/ I think Jesus Christ for instance warrants them

So why cannot I have capital letters for a folder name/ I think Jesus Christ for instance warrants them

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base